Why is Costa Rica whiter than the other countries in Central America?

Why is Costa Rica whiter than the other countries in Central America?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexicans#European_Mexicans
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/Colombia_(1835).svg
listverse.com/2015/04/30/10-atrocities-committed-against-native-americans-in-recent-history/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaqui#The_Yaqui_and_the_C.C3.A1rdenas_Government
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Indian_Wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Genocide
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Removal_Act
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_reservation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comanche–Mexico_Wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache–Mexico_Wars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chumash_Revolt_of_1824
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Closer to Colombia.

You know those optical illusions where you see a tile slighter white than the left one just because the right one is blacker? Well it is the same.

Meme magic

Full of expats going to Latin America thinking some untouched paradise.

last time we played with them in copa america was full of shitskins

Meh, I unironically think El Salvador is whiter, plus it has less black population. When I say "whiter" here I am including mestizos and El Salvador is mostly just that.
I think we have more ""white"" people in total but our population is huge and we have a lot of native americans, kind of how brazil has more white people than argentina but argentina is whiter.
This is based on my personal opinion and what I could see visiting the countries so take this like you want.

>El Salvador
>white

Ok.

>USA
>white

ok.

I said ""white"", mestizos.

Actually this guy is right, Costa Rica is as white as Mexico.

"Despite that extra-official sources estimate the modern white population of Mexico to be only 9-16%, in genetic studies Mexico consistently shows a European admixture comparable to countries that report white populations of 52% - 77% (in the case of Chile and Costa Rica, who average 51%[32] & 60%[33] European admixture respectively, while studies in the general Mexican population have found European ancestry ranging from 56%[34] going to 60%,[35] 64%[36] and up to 78%[37])."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexicans#European_Mexicans

So your point is that neither mexico and Costa Rica is white? If not, You do realize that having some european ancestry doesn't make you "white" right? Even more brown people have some european genes in them.

ITT darkies mad that Costa Rica is whiter

>colombian that defends Costa Rica because he thinks they are colombians

>So your point is that neither mexico and Costa Rica is white?
yes, my point is exactly that, I'm not even getting into the El Salvador thing

The term brown is not one we use in Mexico and that's only useful in the context of "colorism" and American racist narrative, in any case Mexico is a bronze country (as per Vasconcelos).

As for "white" much of the same aplies, I'm ethnically/genetically fully European but not "white" as the term is used by racists in the US because of my nationality which would make me suspect at best. Tying to fit our views in the narrow constraints of muricans is a waste of time.

they where, at some point, until they migrated there, you mad darkie?

>I'm ethnically/genetically fully European

>he thinks they are colombians

Care to explain?

We are both chibchas tho.

When we used to own Costa Rica's caribbean coast, a lot of people that where already settled here for a long time moved there and most people in Costa Rica are descendants from them, that's why their accent is similar

I have seen whites in mexico, but also many brown people. Some americans even think mexican is a race, it's ridiculous.
Whatever you say blackie
I have seen many threads ere a colombian says costa ricans are white, I don't even think that costa ricans think that.

I know that because some Costa Ricans told me

Yes, the blackest Spanish speeaking country in continental Latin America is the one to know

>that's why their accent is similar

No no
Is because we are both chibchas.

Everyone here claims is white. nothing new.
I don't think they are "white", but tasty coast is the best country in central america.

Well I don't really know. I thought only Panama was yours at some point. Costa ricans from the caribean side are mostly black anyway.

>panama got ride of Bogota's tyrany

Now they are doing good.

Lucky bastards.

He is the Colombian equivalent of the Mexico is white troll. Except that he is even worse, because he is not a troll, he is actually that retarded.

That shit was literally edited by you, how autistic can you be?

Go back to make. Mexico. Is white threads.

thx man

No, it wasn't, you can look into the Wikipedia edit history easy enough.

That doesn't have anything to do, and if it may have, it doesn't change anything

I'm not that faggot, i don't care about whitenes, i don't believe that Costa Rica is white but is still 100000000000000x whiter than Mexico and the rest of Central America, in fact i think this is that guy

A big part of the central america's caribbean coast used to be ours
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/Colombia_(1835).svg

>blackest latin american country
>still whiter than Mexico
LMAO
Go back to the "white latin american thread"

Costa Rica "white"

The difference is we are proud of our country's Amerindian ancestry, meanwhile you try to hide your own by making claims about being "white" which you're not.

Mexicans don't care about being a white country, if you consider than an achievement, good for you.

As for Costa Rica, I advise you to take a trip and visit it (I have), it's a nice country, and if you believe what you wrote you are in for a surprise.

>i'm so proud that i make docens of how white mexico is everyday

Yeah, that's a different guy, nice strawman

Yeah, of course you are buddy!

>The difference is we are proud of our country's Amerindian ancestry

>says this the day before the 20th anniversary of the acetal massacre where the MExican goverment executed almost 50 peaceful indigenous protestors who were mostly women, children, and infants.

Dude, seriously, this is the third time I'm clearly stating Mexico is not a white country, can you into logic?

Why does race triggers us latin americans so much?

sport teams are hardly representative of demographics, just look at France's team.

>proud of our country's Amerindian ancestry

Mexico hates it's natives. Are you out of your mind?

You mean the government that everyone hates? The same government that has been killing protesters regardless of their ethnic background since forever (68, 71, etc.)?

whats putin doing there??

If you think the execution of 50 indigenous people is the worst in Mexican history you're in for a rude awakening, try reading Turner's Mexico Bárbaro.

Anyway why would you equate the actions of the PRI dictatorship with the people of Mexico? You do realize I'm not my country's ambasador and that your flag has done far worse.

The Mexican government that in the 20th century has enslaved, bombed, and even forced natives into concentration camps (and this is just one tribe).

See and considering the overwhelming majority of Mexicans hold some degree of Amerindian ancestry I think it's fair to say you're oversimplifying rather complex circumstances

> Turner's Mexico Bárbaro.

Lol I just brought that up, props for being familiar with it, not many people are.

Please stop roleplaying as different characters because everyone knows that is you all the time

Bro come on man you KNOW Mexico hates it's indigenous people..

>that your flag has done far worse.

to indigenous people? Actually no

We are not the ones who have them in reservations. I won't pretend that racism doesn't exist, or that light brown/white skin are not a sign of status thanks to the caste system, but yeah, despite that we are proud of our culture yes.

Every sane person here hates Porfiro Díaz as well. You know, we started a revolution against him. Before that we had Benito Juarez (one of the first amerindian presidents in history, if not the first) as a president and he is pretty much a national heroe. We also had a mulatto president before that.

Denial
But cowboys rekt the native americans right?

Why doesn't the Sup Forums Costa Rica flag have that emblem on it

>We are not the ones who have them in reservations.

We give them land and money yours live in the Jungle.

>what is the trail of tears

And yes, we are proud of this.

The indigenous people in Mexico live everywhere. Mexico City has one of the highest concentrations of them in the country.

wasn't done by Diaz, can't blame him foor everything it was done under Calles, Gil, Obregon

> make thread about superior latin cunt
> rest of the plebeian monkeys starts throwing shit at each other

Oh, so it was done by Elias Calles (Gil was a Calles puppet), another president almost universally hated by everyone who got exiled in the end. Also, what the fuck are you even talking about.

>to indigenous people? Actually no
Who's being delusional now? Seriously man, the US government pursued policies which would be considered ethnic cleansing today well into the 20th century, you've ever heard about the trail of tears? At least Mexico's crimes against Amerindians were born out of cultural asimilation (poor mestizos have had it just as bad) but relative to nations in the Americas it would be hard to make the point Mexico has been particularly hateful against it's Amerindian ancestry, you don't find a lot of stuff like pictured throughout the continent.

Flaws and all Mexico has had a native American president, it protects by law the linguistic rights of indigenous peoples (even Americans and Guatemalans) our country's symbols (it's coat of arms, it's very name) are Aztec. I'm not denying it's a nuanced, complicated history but the difference witth how Mexico was settled vs trhe US is our country did incorporate Amerindians into the nation rather than exterminate them.

And why would you use a Mexican symbol to make your point?

Nope, ours actually rule full states like Chiapas and Oaxaca, not just reservations.

And when the revolution actually did come into power under cardenas things were made right

kek, even Central Americans can't be that conceited

Lo you had to go back 180 years, is that the best you've got?

Somehow this makes america worse than mexio even though Meixco ensalved killed 15,000 indigenous Yaqui people in the 1920s

Chiapas is a jungle.

That was done by Porfirio Díaz, a dictator that had the entire country living as slaves. A dictator that cause the revolution. That wasn't done by Elias Calles in the 20s, stop being an ignorant faggot.

Dude, I find it delussional you pretend to know about the Yaqui war and Cajeme's rebellion and yet are simultaneously so ignoranty about the history of native Americans in the US, almost as if you truly believed than rather that being exterminated they all died of disease.

Mexico today is nominally and culturally a mestizo country, one that incorporates Amerindian culture into it's own, and not one built on genocide. Try washing the blood off your own hands before pointing any fingers.

Again "Muh trail of tears"

That was 200 years ago, Mexico did the same thing but worse to the Yaqui people in the 1920s.

Maria La India is a character that is laughed at and is a symbol of ridicule. Not like the native american man in that PSA commercial.

> under cardenas things were made right

Cardenas was the military general who actually carried out the genocide

Tlaxcala is fucking majority Amerindian and it's all nice evergreen forests. Anyway there's nothing wrong with Chiapas, it is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

And Jim Crow laws were a thing in the US until the 60s, what's your point?

Yes, Cardenas was the man who achieved lasting success gainst the Yaqui in Sonora, he was also the man who gave land to the Yaqui.

I'm 1/16th Yaqui myself and don't pretend to speak for them so stop it with the tryng to fucking remind us of our own history, what difference does the fucking timeframes make when no one in this convo was alive back then?

And the thing you seem to be missing is we are not just talking the trail of tears.

listverse.com/2015/04/30/10-atrocities-committed-against-native-americans-in-recent-history/

blaming Diaz for something that happened years after he died, years after he was in power.

learn some mexican history

I know about the history of the Native Americans in the US. Mexico did worse to our Native Americans than the US government did.

The Yaqui that fled Mexico during your genocide are one of our protected tribes.

> not one built on genocide

>believing this

looks like a jungle to me.
>And the thing you seem to be missing is we are not just talking the trail of tears.

>only thing you brought up

Hurr durr here's a link i didn't even read.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaqui#The_Yaqui_and_the_C.C3.A1rdenas_Government
>in 1937 as president of the republic, he partially acceded to the 10,000-member tribe by providing the Yaqui land on the north bank of the Yaqui River and ordering the construction of a dam to provide irrigation water to the Yaqui. Thus, the Yaqui continued to maintain a degree of independence from Mexican rule.[13] In the official government report on the sexenio (six-year term) of Cárdenas, the section of the Department of Indigenous Affairs (which Cárdenas established as a cabinet level post in 1936) indicated that there were 7,000 Yaquis over the age of 5 and they received 500,000 hectares of land.[14] They also received advanced agricultural equipment including tractors, threshers, disc plows, harvesters, trucks, and water pumps as well as mules, shovels, and picks.[15] In 1939 they produced 3,500 tons of wheat, 500 tons of maize, and 750 tons of beans, whereas in 1935 they produced only 250 tons of wheat and no maize or beans.[16]

>Today, the Mexican municipality of Cajemé is named after the fallen Yaqui leader

Yaquis are still alive today and here, and they can move to every single part of the country.

The Yaqui genocide, not battle, GENOCIDE, was done by Díaz, and it happened years before Calles or Cárdenas. Stop being a fucking imbecile.

Now defend this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Indian_Wars

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Genocide

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Removal_Act

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_reservation

Here's another picture of Chiapas

I'm supposed to believe these indigenous people took arms against the Mexican government because they were too respected?

Porforio diaz did it so it doesn't count guys

absolute shit argument

I didn't bring up the trail of tears specifically and you seem to have missed the point there's nothing wrong with jungle.

They also rose for all Mexicans regardless of ancestry, Zapata was a mestizo.

Ejército Zapatista de Liberación Nacional (Zapatista Army of National Liberation, or EZLN) was founded on November 17, 1983 by non-indigenous members of the FLN guerrilla (Fuerzas de Liberación Nacional founded by César Germán Yáñez Muñoz)
Their initial goal was to instigate a revolution throughout Mexico, but as this did not happen, they used their uprising as a platform to call the world's attention to their movement to protest the signing of NAFTA

W-what's going on in this bread?

Porfirio Díaz killed a lot of people, indigenous, mestizos and white people alike, he enslaved the entire country and people from all over the country rose against him. You didn't started a revolution against the people who killed natives. You started a civil war because you couldn't have slaves. That's the difference between us.

The american indian wars incudes your government dumbasss.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comanche–Mexico_Wars

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache–Mexico_Wars

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chumash_Revolt_of_1824

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Genocide

Mostly your work too Dumbass
>pre-Columbian population of California was at least 310,000, and perhaps as much as 705,000. By 1849, due to Spanish and Mexican colonization and epidemics this number had decreased to 100,000.

I posted an opinion and colombians chimped out at me. Then mexican and american flags took the thread.

Mexicans getting rekt out of their mind, forced to acceept their own racism and genocide, they think they are making ground by saying "But americans did it too" as if that isn't a logical fallacy in of itself. Unfortunately all it does it bring to light the atrocities mexico committed against the indigenous people while they had control over the territories.

Mexicans staying rekt

Woah i didn't know about that. Something similar happened in our country under Montt's regimen.

>The american indian wars incudes your government dumbasss.
No, it doesn't, those are separate battles that didn't achive anything. What is says is this

>During the same period the Comanche and their allies raided hundreds of miles deep into Mexico (See Comanche–Mexico Wars)

You are trying to equate raids into Mexico and smallpox with direct ethnic cleansing. Ethnic cleansing that didn't happen in the wars with Mexico but did happen with yours.

couldn't be more wrong, is this the lies they tell you guys in Mexico?

EZLN wanted autonomy for indigenous people free from the Mexican government their issue with NAFTA was that it amended the Mexican constitution and took away their land reparations

The massacre that happened in the 80's?

That's why people all across the country, mestizos and indigenous alike were protesting NAFTA.

"Late one afternoon when returning from town we were met by a few women and children who told us that Mexican troops from some 44 other town had attacked our camp, killed all the warriors of the guard, captured all our ponies, secured our arms, destroyed our supplies, and killed many of our women and children. Quickly we separated, concealing ourselves as best we could until nightfall, when we assembled at our appointed place of rendezvous—a thicket by the river. Silently we stole in one by one: sentinels were placed, and, when all were counted, I found that my aged mother, my young wife, and my three small children were among the slain. There were no lights in camp, so without being noticed I silently turned away and stood by the river. How long I stood there I do not know, but when I saw the warriors arranging for a council I took my place."

"I was never again contented in our quiet home. True, I could visit my father’s grave, but I had vowed vengeance upon the Mexican troopers who had wronged me, and whenever I came near his grave or saw anything to remind me of former happy days my heart would ache for revenge upon Mexico."
- Geronimo

Own up to the blood on your hands bro.

Your country would be a lot better of if it would stop blaming America for all its problems.

Why are you trying to take the moral high ground when your country itself is full of shit in this same regard? Wasn't Oklahoma supposed to be an Indian reservation?

Geronimo's raids and related combat actions were a part of the prolonged period of the Apache-United States conflict, that started with American settlement in Apache lands following the end of the war with Mexico in 1848.

Geronimo was not counted a chief among the Apache. At any one time, only about 30 to 50 Apaches would be numbered among his personal following. However, since he was a superb leader in raiding and revenge warfare he frequently led numbers larger than his own following.

During Geronimo's final period of conflict from 1876 to 1886 he "surrendered" three times and accepted life on the Apache reservations in Arizona. Reservation life was confining to the free-moving Apache people, and they resented restrictions on their customary way of life

It's the other way around. He is pointing fingers at the US to distract from the atrocities that Mexico has committed. But this is a just a "tu quoque".

We already told you. We are not denying its a nuanced, complicated history but the difference with how Mexico was settled vs the US is our country did incorporate Amerindians into the nation rather than exterminate them.

At least Mexico's crimes against Amerindians were born out of cultural asimilation (poor mestizos have had it just as bad) but relative to nations in the Americas it would be hard to make the point Mexico has been particularly hateful against it's Amerindian ancestry, you don't find a lot of stuff like pictured throughout the continent.

We know atrocities happened here. They happened everywhere in the Americas. You can find wars and stories like that everywhere. This all started because you are pretending that Native Americans have and had it better in the US when they are living in reservations and almost got exterminated. Today they are more than 10% of our country.

> He is pointing fingers at the US to distract from the atrocities that Mexico has committed.

I'm pointing at you because you claimed this
>>that your flag has done far worse.
>to indigenous people? Actually no

You are playing the dindu card, not me.

>your flag has done far worse

Literally you starting to point the finger.
But in typical Mexican fashion, this is america's fault too.

And it has, to indigenous people yes.

baka trying to get a mexican to take responsibility for its own actions is like trying to get a river to run up hill

Not that guy but you seem to be missing the point whatever Mexicans have done to themselves is a different thing than what Europeans did to Amerindians, or do you consider Mexicans to be Europeans? The Comanceh and the Apache wroought as many murder amongst Amerindians as the Mexican government, I have never seen one owning up to the blood in their hands, and as meme as 1/16th may be, I do have Yaqui ancestry, what the fuck blood on my hands? Memes aside Mexicans don't generally blame Spaniards for the conquista as your radical indigenistas aside we all acknowledge they're also our ancestors. I don't know what the fuck your own story but good luck getting reparations from the gringos.

As the closest thing to a Yaqui in this thread I say let it go.

As for EZLN you seem to be missing the point of ZAPATISMO, I know these guys as well as the whole spectrum of Mexican leftism (was politically active in UNAM) don't try to sell to Mexicans your dumb fuck tripe, Zapatistas are our brothers (that's how they see themselves, that's literally what they call other Mexicans) YOU, whatever your heritage, are a filthy gringo, they fucking hate your guts so top trying to invoke them in this convo.

You're SJW tier stupid.

You are pointing at things that happened long before the revolution, long before when Mexico forged its identity (after the revolution), a mestizo country that is proud of its history, to prove that Mexico is not proud of its heritage. And in the process you painted yourself as an ignorant cunt since you didn't know about our history. Confusing Díaz with Calles, and pretending that Cárdenas was bad to them because he defeated them as a general during an uprising (without ethnically killing them) and then grating them lands and rights when he was a president. Pretending that the comanche wars against Mexico were the same as the trail of tears when they started because of raids into Mexico. Wars that not only were lost, but also didn't plan to ethnically cleanse them, which you did. A story about Geronimo when it was you the ones who put him and his people in a reservation and EZLN who was founded by non-indigenous people and became famous prostesting NAFTA because they are very close to anarchism and completely against neo-liberalism, asking to live under indigenous rule in a majority indigenous state because we didn't kill those either.

We took responsability a long time ago. Read, and read carefully, dumb cunt. >We already told you. We are not denying its a nuanced, complicated history
>Mexico's crimes against Amerindians were born out of cultural asimilation
>We know atrocities happened here.

In fact, it is you the one who has denied you were even bad to them

As far as you are concerned, you only gave them land and money

>kek, even Central Americans can't be that conceited
why not? we earned it

I do have to point this out, indigenous Mexicans, particularly women, LOVE this character, it was never mean spirited comedy and it gave them visibility and a voice, the actress who played her, while herself a mestizo woman, did ended up speaking for indigenous causes and for inclusion and visibility.

Only la raza chicano types would be offended by her work, this form of critique only shows ignorance of Mexican culture.

yes, like we all don't know you're considered below scum by the fresas in Mexico City, Come on

>post bait thread
>mexicano flips his shit
you are diabolic OP