Sup Forums my glucose is 315 what do i do

Sup Forums my glucose is 315 what do i do
/type1/ here

Other urls found in this thread:

tudiabetes.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

let it get to over 9000.

Depends on when the last time you ate.. 300 isn't so bad, but when it get 400 + you have to go to the ER and they will put you on a sliding scale insulin routine for the day

That's funny; looks like 306 to me

Take your insulin and stfu

Nothing, as the sugar overwhelms your bodies ability to produce insulin. Then over time, starts to shred the back of your eyeballs as microscopic scalpels causing you to go blind over the course of 20-40 years.

>Sup Forums my glucose is 315 what do i do
>/type1/ here
Type 1 and you don't know what to do?
Probably kill yourself

see if you can break my sister's record of 1070

Kill yourself get it over with.

Diabetic ketoacidosis? Don't slip into a coma and die! Take your metformin or whatever you use for insulin...

Have some ice cream

I dunno probably an hour ago. I ate an extra cookie I guess.

I'm only on long acting insulin(Lantus)family. I'm a recent Type 1, and they started me out on this instead of doing both fast acting and long acting. I dunno why the fuck they don't give me fast acting.

As I said new Type 1.

This is the first time in a long while it's been over 300. I've been good with keeping shit under 180, but recently I've been getting a little careless. I'll def look out in the future.

Should I be ok, medifags of Sup Forums? Last time it was this high was like 2 months ago.

In metric that's 17 mmol/L (normal is between 4 and 7) so you're a little over twice the normal levels. go for a run around the block and test again

Oh also I just drank like a gallon of water for hydration. My stomach feels like it's going to explode.

Fucking this.
There is no way you legitimately came in here asking for advice because you actually need it.
If you were this stupid you'd already be dead for sure fam, do you just want to talk about that type 1 life?

type 1 here
were you like just fucking diagnosed OP?? take some insulin and stfu

read the thread.

but yes, just diagnosed only 3 months ago, and only have long acting insulin.

No joke... Alcohol. You don't have to drink too much, maybe a beer or two, or a shot or two. It'll bring ya down. Check it then. If you don't have any booze, look and see if you have sugar free mints(like icebreakers). The sorbitol in it will help as well. I use the alcohol trick when I'm home, if need be... And the sugar free mints trick while I'm at work and I can't step off the sales floor or in the middle of an activation. It's usually a quick fix, but don't rely on it, because sometimes... It doesn't work. But most of the time, I can pop.a mint, and it'll drop 40-50 points.

Also, drink some water. Maybe a lot of it.

There are some ideas. Good luck.

why do you only have long acting insulin(lantus im assuming)? wtf is wrong with your doctors? get some humalog mane.
(diabetic for 11 years, diagnosed at 7)

I'm 18, so I guess they thought I was too young to manage shit on my own. They even said as much when I halfway mentioned starting on a fast acting insulin.
>well this diet is working fine right now as is the long acting, your a1c is perfect, so...
They told me that when I was 17 though. I turned 18 May 12.

So I'm going to ride their asses until they give me fast acting insulin.

Is fast acting insulin really that hard to manage? Isn't it just calculating your carbs and shit to find the right dose?

Also will I be able to quit this FUCKING LOW CARB diet? I want to EAT. I fucking want to EAT again god damn it. I miss being able to have a real fucking lunch. I have to eat 40 carb meals.

lol what a load of shit.
I am type one i have been doing my own injections of fast and slow acting since I was 11, its not that hard.

Oh yea humalog is great. A common misconception about the beetus is that you have to watch what you eat, you can eat whatever the hell you want you just need to have the correct amount of insulin and keep your blood sugar in check. Calculating your carbs is easy as shit and I can just guesstimate after being diabetic for so long.
The only diabetics who need to 'watch what they eat' are the type2 lardasses on pills.

My grandparents and parents are also fucking retarded about quick acting. My grandmother is a type 2 and literally has no idea what she's talking about.

I'll be trying to fucking follow my diet, and she'll just keep throwing food at me (she is obese btw) and go
>"Here, you're on that medicine so you should be fine!"
I told her to go away and she had no idea what she was talking about and she said
>"Now if anyone knows about diabetes, now, it's me."
and I just gave up on talking to her about it.

But anyways, can you eat fucking food again if you have fast acting insulin? Like if I wanted to, could I eat an ice cream? I miss having my occasional milkshake.

Shit, I have a type 1 friend who drinks fucking mountain dews all the time and just injects insulin. Is it bad for you to do that?

Ah.
That's very fucking awesome then! I have hope that I don't have to follow this FUCKING diet anymore. God almighty damn. I want to be FREE again.

It's gonna be really funny when my type 2 lardass grandmother() sees me coming home with a fucking milkshake and gets all bitchy. Tell her to fuck right on off.

God I've felt like such a slave to this diabetes shit. I'm gonna get that damn humalog. Or I'll burn down the hospital..

Or I'll just keep asking.

Don't fuck around with that shit, bro. Ketoacidosis is a real shitty way to go

Oh so it's now 301.
I'm gonna just keep drowning myself in water and pissing it all out. I'm liking talking to you fucks though so I'll stay here too.

Also my head hurts.

Yea man its really not that bad :) and you will get used to it
but foreal your doctors are fucking SHIT you NEED fast acting insulin
like literally NEED

Well I'm fucking pissed the fuck off now.

I wanna know why the fuck the retarded doctors didn't tell me this fucking shit. All they told me to do was to go on long acting insulin, and a 40 carb diet, and just record numbers. Jesus Christ I know I'm a recently diagnosed Type 1, and I was 17 when they fucking told me, but holy shit, I've literally been starving myself to keep my fucking diet and glucose in check with this bullshit. I'm fucking angry.

And fuck, my A1C was "perfect" they said, even. God damn it. I'm gonna RIDE THE FUCK out of their asses.

I actually told them about the whole "this diet is fucking retarded and im hungry"

Their response was:
>Well, we COULD raise it to 60 carbs a meal.

And I also told them about how the Lantus was causing me to have bad lows in the morning. I was on 10 units, and woke up with 69(heh) glucose.

>Ok well we can also lower that dose to 8 units.

That was last time though. I don't remember exactly why we discarded the whole changed plans, but Jesus this is fucking stupid.

Oh by the way, have you ever used one of those insulin pump things?

you didn't say "new" type1 mate.
You're definitely losing your train of thought and need to get some medical assistance before you have a stroke.

Wow a 69 blood sugar, that's cute with only fast acting insulin I've been woken up with blood sugars under 40, but that was also because I have just started on an insulin pump like six months ago or so. But I was before taking long acting and fast acting insulin. I think they probably don't want to put you on fast acting insulin unless they need to, have your doctors said anything about the "honeymoon phase" is what my doctors called it, but it's where your body still produces small amounts of insulin for a few months after they diagnosis you with diabetes. So maybe they want to wait until that's over and if you're still going through puberty your hormones raising and lowering can Also affect your glucose levels

That is honestly really weird, when i was first diagnosed i was only on fast acting, I actually didnt get put on lantus until i was like 13. i take 32units of lantus at night and have 1 unit of humalog for every 12 carbs. i weigh 140 pounds just for reference.
and for the insulin pump/continous glucose monitor, they will help a bit but i personally have never used them because i dont want to feel like im 'wired' or attached to something. i have a lantus pen and a humalog pen, very easy to use and manage.
im going to get drunk and play dark souls. it will all work out im sure, but yea your an adult next time your at the docs tell them that you need humalog or you are switching doctors.

Holy shit. Lantus and the pens are fucking crap, son.

Just milking you for the deductable.

Switch to self mixed humulin N and R. If you watch your diet, prick regularly and learn to trust your body and instincts, it'll do better to manage your levels.

Source: half my fucking family is diabetic. I learned how to estimate effective dosages for various blood glucose levels as a kid.

this op call an ambulance

Eat a snickers

Nope. No one has ever mentioned the honeymoon phase to me. Only thing they said to me about anything regarding fast acting was that its hard to calculate and manage. And then they switched the subject.

Maybe it's just because I'm on medicaid. I'm getting a job though(start next week actually), and I'm already planning on getting switched off that shit and paying for things on my own.

> I want to EAT. I fucking want to EAT again god damn it. I miss being able to have a real fucking lunch. I have to eat 40 carb meals.
I call such bullshit it's not funny,
Sorry you can't eat fast-food you fat piece of shit. And i you're exaggerating out the ass with 40 carb meals. Meat is god-tier stop being a fat fuck with sodas and chips and shit

My doc switched humalog with novalog. It's a 1:8 ratio with a 38 unita of lantus. I weigh 178 and my Ac from 3 months ago was a fucking 10

You and they pay less for ampoules of humulin/humalog than they do for the pens.

The only benefit of the pens is that they require no refrigeration and are easier for dumb fucks not to fuck up.

So they're doing it for their profits. Wonderful. Well I'll fucking fix that.

Fellow type one, insulin usually works

Glucose is now 278 and my headache has subsided. :3

So what should I do if they try to tell me "no, you're not going on fast acting"

He said "recent Type 1" earlier in that reply, to someone else. Learn to read, an faggot.

Oh that's fucked, I've been diabetic for about 7-8 years now and I was actually started on fast acting and long acting insulin, at first it can be a bit tricky and yeah you'll be able to go back to eating what ever you want to. I know a diabetic who still drinks regular pop and just takes insulin for it, he's crazy if you ask me. One more thing checking your blood sugar while you're first becoming diabetic is important and tracking helps the doctor figure out your "insulin ssystem " or what type of insulin you need and how much of it. So if you are running up in the 300s after eating what you are hungry for just track it and after about four days call your doctor and tell him to look at your blood sugars and to put you on fast acting insulin

Eat a candy bar and drink a mountain dew

Just saw you're on Lantus only, drink water like a mother fucker, check for ketones, do some sit-ups or some physical activity to not fucking die.

So what are yall current A1C?
Mine is a 10

Is it really that easy to die from a high glucose? I always thought high glucose was just a long, drawn out death, while hypoglycemia was quick but unpleasant from going into the coma.

'MURRICA

My glucose level was like 1400 when I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I had lost like 15 pounds in about a week and a half leading up to it. I couldn't stand to take a shower so I took a bath couldn't get myself out of the bathtub without help and I could barely walk, I went to the er and they checked my blood sugar came back and were in utter shock that I was still walking and talking, they said i was less than a few hours of my kidneys shutting down and the rest of my organs following, started me on an insulin drip life watched me to Wichita and in about an two hours my family said I went from skin and bones back to what I looked like before so yeah, pretty easy most people slip into comas from having that high of blood sugar levels

Go to the hospital tell them your at 300 if you dont go you can go into a coma and may die. oh welcome you have type 2 diabetes

I have, and my uncle has mine beat his was over like 1500, they said if he wouldn't have woken up to vomit he probably would have slipped into a coma and died

It just hit me that this is a "you have 5 seconds to prove you are an American" thread.
> I had pizza for dinner

I'm on an insulin pump right now and OMG it's like night and day the difference it makes. It's as close as you can get to being a non diabetic.

the continuous glucose monitoring (cgms) does a test every 5 minutes and sends the data to your pump which graphs your numbers,if your sugars start to go up it can beep/vibrate to remind you to take some insulin (you tell it how many carbs you ate and it does the rest) if your sugars start to go low it will automatically pause giving insulin until your numbers come back up

downside: It's expensive as fuck,$3000 to buy the pump,the tubes are $20 each and you use 2-4/month,the reservoirs that hold the insulin are $4 each and you use 2-4/month,the cgms sensors are $50-$65 each and you use 2-4/month.

plus your insulin,plus test strips(you have to do 2 tests per day to calibrate) so about $500/month

8.5 how old are u?

Fellow type 1 here to..
Some insulin and some activity should help.

So I'm still on this.
What do I do if they just tell me no? I can just say "fuck you then" and go find a new doc I guess.

talk to the diabetics on tudiabetes.org/ ,I can almost guarantee there's someone in your area who has had your doctor and knows what the process is

pump here to.. Did not pay a dime for mine, this is my third pump given to me by my fellow tax-payers.

Well, shit!
Does it hurt when you put it in? Does it work just as well as other pumps?

Do not hurt.
This is the best pump i have had so far, and it work fine for me.

Bro I've been type one for 14 years(24now). I eat whatever I want. No diet. I'm in great shape. Rarely workout. It's all about taking insulin to cover what you eat. I've spent months on language only doing 69units morning and night. Sure I go low sometimes but ita nothing a Gatorade can't fix. Humalog IMO is more for when you eat sugary and/or a lot of foods. And in emergency. Have had an alc ranging 7-9 since I was diagnosed. However if you want to rely less on insulin. Just cut out sugar simple as that. Long acting will take care of the starches and shit. Once you learn how your body reacts you'll be fine.

Pumps suck if you are athletic and sweat on a daily basis. I was tired of playing sports and having that adhesive shit come loose. But if you're not super active, shit works miracles when you're starting out.

I'm athletic. I ride the shit out of my bicycle outside alot. Guess I'll just use humalog then no pump.

how the fuck dont you have any fast acting insulin?
i got diagnosed with t1 3 months ago (im 22) and i was immediately given both long and fast acting insulins when i got out of ICU and hospital

>tfw finnfag
>tfw got blood sugar meter, test strips, lancets etc. for free
>tfw insulins are practically free, you only need to pay 4,5€ when you get more insulins once every few months

Give it a try at least. It's not for everybody. But when you first are diagnosed. It is a lifesaver. Plus there's embeddable ones nowadays that have no risk of being torn off. Speak to an endocrinologist. Buttell him what you want according to your lifestyle. Don't settle on what he thinks you need. Only you know your body. Not every diabetic is the same.

the best thing would be an islet cell transplantation or a cheap Chinese falun gong-pancreas..

Look at it this way. Do what makes you comfortable. Yeah there might be a cure sometime,but for right now you're stuck with it.
For my 14years of having it I spent the first 2-3 learning how my body reacts to foods. The worst thing is cutting out sugars and shit that you crave. Cuz then you'll eventually binge and then end up in a heap of trouble.

Actually I remember what happened.
I was asking about fast acting, and I was too nervous about being judged to mention how I wanted to eat sugary shit and drink real sodas again.

The fuck was I thinking. Now that I'm not so socially anxious(Valium)I'll be sure to fix this.

I was scared to be judges as I was in elementary school when I got diagnosed. But at your age and with or increasing health-oriented lifestyles. Noone would bat an eye to you skipping out on certain foods.

what kind of shitty silhouettes did you use that fall off from sweat?

the last i could remember mine coming off because of sweat/water was 15 years ago when minimed first introduced the pump.

that's why you put clear adhesive patches over them,look up iv3000 there's a shit ton of different sizes

It's not for eating sugar and drinking soda, it is so you can manage your diabetes.

Lol 14years ago my first pump was a minmed. With the adhesive patches that you put on your skin and inserted a catheter into. As I said it's been years and the newer ones put the past ones to shame.

they don't come off in the shower so they won't come off with a little bit of sweat

No amount of adhesive save Superglue is gonna keep a catheter held in when you're extremely active.

what do you have now?
I can't get the state to pay for a newer minimed

>Sweat comes from your pores
>Pores are located between your skin and the adhesive.
>Water rolls of the waterproof outer coating.

I dunno but u r doing the rigt thing by asking b!

Kek u have the diabetus

This is me

If you just ate do nothing
Else, take whatever pill you've been prescribed or insulin shot