Are there any other legitimately good vaporwave albums?

I want to hear something that I can enjoy without having to be an ironic memester.

Other urls found in this thread:

lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/this-world
flau.bandcamp.com/album/two
soundcpu.bandcamp.com/album/holograms
deathsdynamicshroud.bandcamp.com/album/ill-try-living-like-this
youtube.com/watch?v=MBWIlv6jKiE
youtube.com/watch?v=B4GVBnK5tOk
disconscious.bandcamp.com/album/hologram-plaza
pega.bandcamp.com/album/--7
youtube.com/watch?v=5-FuGE22GXs
beerontherug.bandcamp.com/album/midnight-television
jamesofmenifee.bandcamp.com/album/flores-4
lagear.bandcamp.com/releases
fortune500.bandcamp.com/album/riviera
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anything vaporwave albums by ramona xavier, opn or jim ferraro

Memes aside, Floral Shoppe is pretty good

not even the best Vektroid album

Eco Virtual and Blank Banshee (they are the same person)
Also Shader from Sacred Tapestry (Vektroid), kinda sounds like pre-Replica OPN
Another one i like is Computer Death by Infinity Frequencies

you really hit the spot

anything by t e l e p a t h and HKE

no

Look up Skeleton's work.
I can link his discography here later. Imagine Amazing proto vaporware that eventually changed into Infinity Frequencies but good. Poor Homme is the SFTB of vaporware.

I liked the production releases better anyway.

Prism Corp damn autocorrect.

probbably tylo be chillin

oooooooooh

How the fuck is another green world vaporwave?

i'm totally new to that vaporwave thing.
i just heard about this genre while surfing on youtube and finding that simpsonswave playlist. and i really like it.
i'm also a big fan of flamingosis, who also seems to be connected to that whole vaporwave genre.

do you guys got any recommendations for someone who also loves jazzbased lofi hiphop?

Saint Pepsi is really fun and enjoyable. It fills a different niche but imo it's legitimately good

lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/this-world

flau.bandcamp.com/album/two

I'm pretty sure that Eco Virtual and Blank Banshee aren't the same person

You're wrong.

ye

Source? Genuinely curious as I'm not really a fan of BB but I think Eco Virtual is some of the best to come out of the genre

I honestly really like Eccojams a lot.

soundcpu.bandcamp.com/album/holograms

Kodak Cameo - Riviera

deathsdynamicshroud.bandcamp.com/album/ill-try-living-like-this

youtube.com/watch?v=MBWIlv6jKiE
youtube.com/watch?v=B4GVBnK5tOk

Also Far Side Virtual

disconscious.bandcamp.com/album/hologram-plaza

pega.bandcamp.com/album/--7

Yes this. Not chill. Intense listen

I dunno, but everyone said it was the same dude in BB2 hype threads.

>anything vaporwave albums by ramona xavier
his name is ashton simmons actually

Floral Shoppe is one of the worst vapor albums out there. it's only popular because it's a meme, and it's only a meme because it used a diana ross song

vektroid is shit anyway, easily one of the worst vapor artists. no idea why he gets so much dap.

those fuckers aren't even vaporwave, they just make ambient dream music

Blank Banshee 1 and Far Side Virtual are quite good.

I like vaporwave as long it attempts to be more layered and intricate than say Floral Shoppe. Ecco Jams wasnt layered or intricate but that was ok imo because it was orginal and used a simple gimmick to make very effective songs. Stuff like Floral Shoppe is just a blatant copy of Eccojams

Is this supposed be a refrence to that thread last night comparing Another Green World to Far Side Virtual?

>he

For trad vaporwave the only good ones are waterfront dining, telepath and Shannonphone. Floral Shoppe is fucking awful.

My favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=5-FuGE22GXs

nope user sorry

the first hong kong express album is a classic

This is bullshit

>that Anthony Fantano review sample

holy kek

this and Nu.Wav Hallucinations are the GOAT

Yr Heart is one of the best songs of all time

THIS
top quality samples
highly melodic & evocative
Sadly, it's the only good album of Vektroid. I guess she got lucky.

For that good shit

beerontherug.bandcamp.com/album/midnight-television

And you believe it?
No, they most likely are not. They do live close by though, and know each other for sure.

just because a man pretends to be a woman does not mean he is actually a woman

>he

see

and thats a bad thing how?

who said that?

>man

what OPN albums are vaporwave?

first, second and fifth song are some of the most solid vaporwave songs ever created and the second half has some great ambient tracks. you only pretend not to like it because its popular.

none
Replica could be argued to be a progression of Eccojams, but it's still so different that it's not vaporwave in the slightest

yes, vektroid is a man named ashton simmons pretending to be a woman named ramona xavier.

Hologram Plaza by Disconsciousness is the only other actually really good album I'd classify as vaporwave
Blank Banshee 0 isn't vaporwave but if you're one of those people who fell for the meme of him being classified as vaporwave listen to that

>he missed the whole point of vaporwave

>first, second and fifth song are some of the most solid vaporwave songs ever created
not even close

>the second half has some great ambient tracks
they can only be considered "great" if you ignore basically all the rest of the ambient music that has ever been made

>you only pretend not to like it because its popular
no, i genuinely do not like it because it's mediocre at best

you on the other hand defend it and pretend to like it because it's popular

Old Tunes vol, 2

>man

>he missed the whole point of vaporwave but is so clueless that he thinks others missed it
vaporwave has a particular aesthetic and telepath/hke have not put forth anything remotely resembling that aesthetic in years

furthermore you're literally retarded if you think vaporwave can be classified as "ambient dream music"

>autism

why are you quoting yourself? :^]

fuck dude, idgaf. it just sounds good

>he

I think you're the one who is wrong haha, fuck you a ton

vaporwave aesthetic/sound but no samples, all original pop songs

jamesofmenifee.bandcamp.com/album/flores-4

Not sure how vaporwave this is to be honest, but I enjoyed it.

lagear.bandcamp.com/releases

I a

nice backpedal, faggot

fucking THIS

fortune500.bandcamp.com/album/riviera

No one ever talks about golf swingers but they're the best vaporwave group out there hands down

What i mean is there is literally no formula to vaporwave. gettting all tied up in genre shit just sucks the fun out of it

there is most definitely a formula to vaporwave

you're retarded desu

Most of the genre names associated with such vibes and sensibilities are actually kind of unintentional red herrings that have nothing to do with the activity of any of the better artists, but then somewhat interestingly, inadvertently spawned little side internet genres of people imitating only a few elements of the passing experiments of more interesting artists.

But the internet genres are interesting maybe in the way internet memes are somewhat interesting, but also really limited and one-dimensional. "Vaporwave" and more other more imitative, limited meme spawns largely dreamed up by message board kids and named inaccurately by some critic just aren't that good. They're just people recreating the formula from a passing idea better artists had before moving on to other ideas.

It's best not to get focused on ideas like 'vaporwave' because it's like, to use an analogy, focusing on - and making casts from - just one footprint left by someone years ago, even as that person is actually very much alive and off doing much more interesting things right now that puts past forways into more perspective, and isn't it more fascinating to see the genuine, living thing rather than just one single footprint they left - among thousands of others, even? I feel this about intellectuals and academics, generally. It's like they can't see the living thing... they're focused on something that is left after because they're incapable of understanding (or being) the living thing. So they look at past marks left after the event, and construct fictional narratives with fictional names and concepts, and so many people only ever know the poor descriptions of fading marks left by something they will never know or experience.

>he missed the whole point of vaporwave

*forays

(or I should maybe use the word 'routes' there)

do you happen to have a dl link?

Disagree completely. It imersed me more than any other
Shit like this killed vaporwave by turning it into a trend genre as opposed to some stupid shit some faggots on the internet were doing anonymously.

I got cancer just from looking at the thumbnail.

>i can't actually refute what he's saying so i'll just repeat a point that already failed

>arguing with an user

>Disagree completely
then you're wrong

sorry

>now i'll pretend to be someone else and chide him for arguing on Sup Forums!
>i'm so smart, let me suck my own dick a lil bit
>i'm so lonely
>i wish i had friends

more like faggotwave

Did you give LA Gear a listen? If you can't listen to the whole thing, maybe start with track 04.

Fucking pic related

wtf are u sayin
it listened to both: jamesofmenifee is 10 times better (it's more chillwave than vaporware tho).

That cover guarantees that I will never, ever fucking listen to it.

lol you're retarded m8

I wasn't even op on jamesofmenifee, I'll check it out if it's essential faggotwave though

>criticizing album art in a vaporwave thread

go to the archive and look up the vapor essentials mega, it's got that and a lot more