/nbbmn/ - only Cassette Black Metal is true

Let's talk about the most true kvlt form of black metal, noisy raw cassette tape black metal.

Babby's first black metal list:
>mega:///#F!AgZjBIQL!pO5aWdLETbVvfUTWgUoCOA

Other urls found in this thread:

a.4cdn.org/boards.json
youtube.com/watch?v=0FZxVoVKXKM
thycatafalque.bandcamp.com/album/t-n-id-t-rlat
dunmharu.bandcamp.com/album/finding-the-eternal
youtube.com/watch?v=JOd4Rawf-EE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why do you fags keep making early threads?

300 is the limit m8.

>true black metal
>watain

get a load of this homo

Vordb Dréagvor Uèzréèvb

who /RIFFS/ here?

it's been 310 for a while now

source: a.4cdn.org/boards.json

Killer band, why do people hate on it?

Rabid death's curse is a great bm album user

Why is it that black metal, the clear winner of any subgenre for having an autistic virgin fanbase, also has the most uppity elitist fanbase? Why can't black metal guys appreciate music that doesn't conform to their most stringent edgy guidelines?

>He doesn't like Casus Luciferi and Sworn to the Dark

whats some cult items you possess?

who hates inquisition other than plebs who can't get into the vocals?

>Ritual knife from 1994
>A piece of Dead's skull
>A dragon dildo used in virgin sacrifices back in 1800's
and most important of all
>Vinyl of Sunbather

I have Odal - Wilde Kraft on cassette. Also Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns and Ulver - Nattens Madrigal but those two aren't very kvlt

youtube.com/watch?v=0FZxVoVKXKM

subcultural fervor is measured in proportion of distance from normative values in establishing the identity of the group from the 'other'

open a book once in a while

I'm the guy who said he's listening to one album per country, What is the best American black metal album?

Fuck, atmo is so boring when listened back to back with R I F F S

thycatafalque.bandcamp.com/album/t-n-id-t-rlat

Right, it's mostly plebs who can't get into the vocals. Their loss.

industrial folk metal

I don't hate it and really I don't nothing about it. Which album should I give it a listen first?

Because their reliance on unusual rhythmic riffs has lead them down the path of of poor structure and poor songwriting.
Rather than using rhythms to create a meaningful texture that builds up to something, each song amounts to little more than a cell-phone ringtone for people who enjoy all bands present at Maryland Deathfest.

My bad, didn't keep up with the changes to Sup Forums.

is this pasta from DMU or something?

>Because their reliance on unusual rhythmic riffs has lead them down the path of of poor structure and poor songwriting.

>implying isn't one of the catchiest bm albums

A Branikald Cassette. Forget which album it is

A Diadem of 12 Stars

I haven't listen to black metal in a while but Exercises in Futility blew my mind. I'm really liking the latest Deathspell Omega record also. Is there any other new albums that I need to check out? I don't really like raw stuff tho.

Black metal elitists come in two varieties, those who understand music and those who don't.
The first, latches on to anything called black metal and is more obsessed with ideals than objectivity.
The latter, listens to music as a fine art and is musically literate. They are objective in the way they judge music while maintaining their aesthetic preferences as a separate issue.

>I don't really like raw stuff tho
triggered

>I don't really like raw stuff tho
LEAVE THE HALL

the difference between the two varieties is the latter has major dunning-kruger

Why do you consider catchy to be good songwriting? Catchy music is the core tenant of pop music.

why just one for bigger scenes? I feel like you don't get anything meaningful from just one cherrypicking of the more diverse scenes. If I had to pick out of a handful I'd choose one of

Havohej - Dethrone the Son of God
Von - Satanic Blood Angel
Grand Belial's Key - Judeobeast Assassination
Weakling - Dead as Dreams
Xasthur - The Funeral of Being
Fanisk - Noontide

if not all of them

I hate this DMU bogeyman for any attempts at trying to apply some critical rigor to listening.

I'm sorry guys. I really liked Leviathan's Scar Sighted if that qualifies as raw.

because the riffs and drums are top notch, you sound like a tryhard

Gonna try again. Is anyone interested in doing an actual tapetrade like in the old days?

t. brett stevens

So passing judgment of music in an objective matter based on thousands of years of parameters for musical judgment while recognizing your own personal tastes is delusional?
Be sure to tell that to Kant.

even Kant could acknowledge that the Ratio was mostly an ideal that didn't translate well outside of theory. why kan't you?

What's wrong with trying hard? Are you a pedestrian underachiever?
Top Notch is hardly a specific way at explaining an albums worthiness. Do you mean the musicians ability to play is top notch or that the composition of the guitars and drums is top notch?

>Catchy music is the core tenant of pop music.
But it's not exclusive to it, I don't think because of that Inquisition is the same thing as top 40 stuff. Nor I think catchy music is something bad in itself that should be avoided.

If i had more tape then yeah but I only have a coupld and i dont want to give them up

both

oh my fucking god

>Ratio
You're saying Kant's position on "reason"?

>A Diadem of 12 Stars

Are wolves in throne room not pitchfork tier faux black metal nonsense?

I know 5/6 of those albums well, I never heard Havohej. I dunno, I just feel like doing it this way, I could have done it by scene yes or year or subgenre. This way I'm ensuring I don't just listen to the same dozen Norwegian or Czech albums again.

For my country I chose this because it was recorded in my home town

dunmharu.bandcamp.com/album/finding-the-eternal

The band primordial are also from about 5km away

no that's not what I'm saying. The english language is too limited to be able to accurately convey the nuances of a world like Vernunft

I agree with this. The employment of "hooks" in metal songwriting is a long time technique. This doesn't lead to the song itself being catchy.

What? Did I mess up? Show me the ways of the force, tastepolice.

We'd be making and sending out Black Metal mixtapes, not trading actual bought releases.

Just whip up a mixtape with some good BM, make some liner notes and crummy artwork, send it out.

That or just trade the releases you did yourselfas a band or a label.

Finally a poster who is at least literate. I haven't read Kant in German and I don't remember which translation I had when I was studying Critique of Judgement.

Because it takes talent to write riffs that are a guideline to make a song memorable

Any hack can make a song that is fast and aggresive but unless you have a way to have all that instrumentation channeled into something memorable, you're gonna sound like a bunch of ants screaming.
I mean, my 5 year old nephew can make noise if a give him an electric guitar

Catchy isn't all of it though. There's coherence as well, which is what I imagine the other user is referring to.

Yeah but catchy isn't the same as memorable. Catchy is sometimes easy to remember...
I'd say the Rite of Spring by Stravinsky is memorable, the whole work obviously isn't catchy.

hey

jesus christ man I have to study

Are you saying you can't hum the main riff from Transylvanian Hunger right now? or Freezing Moon or Burzum/Dunkleheit?

welcome to 2016

Maybe if i can get ahold of a way to put songs on a cassette. I currently don't though

Hehe, I've got all of these on tape. Used to collect before.

why would you not take the extra square at the bottom to fit in 1990 reeeeeeeeeeee

Oh boy, you don't want to do that

for you

also does anybody know anything good for 1991?

A Blaze in the Northern Sky was recorded in 91.

Just checking for interest at the moment. Might make a thread dedicated to a tapetrade in the near future. Did one before for all of Sup Forums but one dedicated to BM might be fun.

91: Sabbat - Envenom
92: Darkthrone - A Blaze in The Northern Sky
93: Darkthrone - Under A Funeral Moon
94: Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
95: Graveland - 1000 Swords
96: Burzum - Filosofem
97: Emperor - Anthems to The Welkin at Dusk
98: Nargaroth - Herbstleyd
99: Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter

I see, but I'd take into account the release year, since it's when you can listen to it and all.
Cool.

Grifteskymfning are great. Have you listened to their other album?

Have you ever listened to Sabbat? They are the "most fun" Black Metal.
Except for maybe Sigh

youtube.com/watch?v=JOd4Rawf-EE

reminder that this is the only bad Watain album

I have all of Sir N's projects. As surf rock as some of the other stuff is, I can't help but to love it. Totally different atmosphere.

Who else snagged a copy before they sold out?

What is the kvltest videogame? Excluding runescape, of course

I did!

This

and what is a good one

Lawless Darkness, Casus Luciferi, Sworn To The Dark and Rabid's Death Curse

Skyrim and Dark Souls are both great with bm sound tracks, the latter really goes well with dsbm

What's the fuss about this anyway?

I love Skyrim, but Morrowind is more kvlt

1990: Blasphemy - Fallen Angel of Doom
1991: Master's Hammer - Ritual
1992: Samael - Blood Ritual
1993: Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp
1994: Rotting Christ - Non Serviam
1995: Belketre/Vlad Tepes - March to the Black Holocaust
1996: Zemial - For the Glory of UR
1997: Black Funeral - Empire of Blood
1998: ????
1999: ????
2000: Mortuary Drape - Tolling 13 Knell
2001: Satanic Warmaster - Strength and Honor

It's good and has neat packaging

Fuck off, you embarrassing cunt.

So you like neat packaging? Maybe a little glow in the dark?

I like Morrowind better in general but playing as Nord in Skyrim, in the snow and all, feels more kvlt to me

Play Skyrim listening to Viking metal to Blood, Fire, Death

Nice

that is neat

Wow

How many albums are you aiming to listen to this NBBMN? How many have you listened to thus far?

nth for neat packaging

idk
idk

There's stil two packages left up for grabs, if you're interested.

>catchy music is the core tenant of pop music
And of most of Mozart's symphonies.

Catchiness is a good thing, regardless of the genre.

I got over 100 last two years, I'll aim for at least that

Ohh Fuuuuck yees i want that cassette

link?

God, that's a bit ridiculous

I had a backlog of 70ish albums but I keep adding to it so idk
No idea, 25 or something?