>say yes
>"Whereabouts do you live?"
>tell them that I live in a small town near Swindon
>"Where is that?"
>tell them that it's in Wiltshire
>"Where is that?"
>tell them that it's near London
>"Oh, I know London!"

Why the fuck do yanks quiz people about their hometown if they know nothing about other countries?

>things that never happened

I do this all the time.
When I went to graduate school interviews I loudly asked the other interviewees where they were from to break the ice

He's just trying to make small talk (albeit poorly), Lighten up a little.

>Why the fuck do yanks quiz people about their hometown if they know nothing about other countries?
Probably to learn about other countries, or just to make conversation, take your pick.

It's called "small talk". Jesus Christ, these people...

it's called conversation you autismo

It's supposed to be friendly conversation. You don't need to answer it like test questions but instead take it as a chance to tell people about the area you are from. You're supposed to be sensitive to the fact that they don't know the area.

I do that here, I tell people the nearest most famous city (an hour from me) but then tell them what my actual city is like and why it is/isn't worth visiting

it's stupid but that is what just happened to you. I doubt you care, but if you want to know, your answers were very unfriendly.

>Whereabouts
Who are you trying to fool, Shariabong? This shit didn't happen.

>talk to yanks on plane
>they tell me they've been revisiting their heritage

ah yes

You are supposed to ask him where he's from after that and then you meet a cool american friend.

I don't understand people who have a problem with muh heritage Americans. They're harmless. At least here

Autism

yeah but it's a meme so it's funny

>my grrreat ancestor from Waterfordshire-on-Dumsbrey proudly washed the horseshit off the local barons boots

Life is a meme

deep

He was making small talk. He likely didn't care about it, but wanted to show interest regardless to seem nice and polite.

my response would be
>faked a headache
>need to sleep
>do not disturb

This. I'd much rather muh heritage americans than 18 year old chavs from England or obnoxious Chinese tourists

>he doesn't pass out drunk on the plane

Why would you do such a thing?

why wouldn't you do such a thing? free drinks nigga

he really seemed interested dude, no need to be a dick about it.

No but the passing out part i did not understand

Well why not, if you're drunk enough might as well sleep the rest of the way.

Joke is over everybody

>average bong can't even handle a simple conversation with an American
>has to make a thread complaining about it
>British autism isn't a meme

i'd rather have anything over a potato starved bleeding heart paddy

>yanks try to start a conversation on a plane

Wtf is wrong with them?

Actually, I thought that was all a meme until I met some fellow Americans in Ukraine and the first thing they asked me was "Where abouts are you from?" which caught me off guard and caused me to stand there silently wondering if he was being ironic or not.

How do you expect them to learn if they can't ask questions?

The real reason is they just want to be friendly and engage you like a normal human being. I know this is difficult for Euros, but try not to be autistic and just ask him something back.

poms are THE most autistic posters on this entire board

this is FACT

do NOT try to dispute this