>has the better lyrics
>has the better production
>has the better artwork
>deserved the acclaim
>will stand the test of time 10 years from now
>overall is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IKSoBJ8WirE
reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/5b0wpg/favorite_and_least_favorite_songs_from_each_album/
youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bork

now kys for asking

Both are their worst.

stop avoiding my filters faggot
I do not wanna see anything g.rimes related ever again

If you really have to ask you probably should seek professional help.

Art angles is pretty boring imo

Obviously Post on all accounts. You'd want to be a pretty massive pleb to think otherwise.

can you elaborate?

Art Angels has two good songs. The rest is forgettable crap. 6/10 at best. Maybe she should get a real producer and concentrate on learning how to sing and actually playing all that gear.

Fuck your filters and fuck you. Are you a faggot to be annoyed by a cool Canadian girl?

Post has 2 good songs, Art Angels has 3, so I guess Art Angels is better

You actually didn't prove anything. Explain your choices.

Why mu/tants act like morons when they see Grimes mentioned? Why they put Bjork on a pedestal and talk shit about the talented Grimes? Why?

>comparing shit with turd
dude...

Grimes is shit.

That's the prove

Post has 0 songs i actively want to come back to
Art Angels has 2
Post easily has better production but Björk never wrote anything i didn't feel was anticlimactic or just disappointing in terms of structure, and stuff
Grimes easily makes catchier hooks, and Kill V Maim has four of them in sequence

>but björk is classy and established
or what

Bjork. Its close though. Post is far from her best album (Homogenic or Medulla or Vespertine vs anything of Grimes would be easily Bjork), but I still think it has more innovation, better songwriting, better lyrics, and more variety

Bjork is lucky she's already established. If Sup Forums existed in the 90s, she would be treated as Grimes now, maybe even worse. I'm 1000% sure about that.

I don't like Bjork and Grimes but at least Bjork isn't generic synthpop garbage

don't pretend that Sup Forums has any influence whatsoever

besides, she was established even before her solo career

Both are probably their lowest points in terms of artistic value, honestly one of the reasons why I can't stand these albums because they feel so identical
those who unironically think that post is much better are massive edgelords

>Homogenic or Medulla or Vespertine vs anything of Grimes would be easily Bjork
Don't be so sure. Maybe Vespertine would stand a chance, anything else is patchy. Homogenic and Medulla aren't masterpieces, they only contain some great songs and the rest is filler. I don't get why people tend to sweep under the rug those much weaker songs from Bjork albums, like they never existed.

>Grimes easily makes catchier hooks
I dunno. Bjork really has her hooks down, especially on Post.

>grimes
>generic
if you listened only to this fucking album

Never for Ever is better than both.

>triggered
This says something about your shitty taste. There's nothing generic about Grimes' music (actually prove me wrong) and there's nothing wrong with synthpop.

And talking about "synthpop garbage", what about Bjork's tune "I Miss You" from Post??? You just can't praise Bjork (that includes this synthpop song) and talk shit about Grimes. Use the same standard.

youtube.com/watch?v=IKSoBJ8WirE

How Headphones, The Modern Things, You've Been Flirting Again, Cover Me are catchier than anything from AA? These songs don't have any hook. Also I Miss You is sillier than anything from AA.

>filler on Homogenic

naaah

bork > grim

Stand the test of time? What in the world
Post was released in 1995 and made Bjork an international star. Army of Me and Hyperballad are still regarded as two of the best electronic songs of the 90s.
As for which is more more diverse... on Post, Bjork goes into trip hop, jazz, ambient, baroque pop and techno. Grimes sticks to (shitty) synthpop and dance pop.

Post is clearly the superior album and this is a really horrible comparison. It's obviously bait since it asks which one has the better singing.

They're both shitty alternative dance synth pop overall

not that I like grim, but bjork is literally nothing better than on this album you little pleb

than her*

Bjork in every single category

/thread

This is not synthpop, it's tribal house with a great brass arrangement. Far more out there and more interesting than anything on Fart Angels, and certainly not generic and Avril Lavigne-esque like Fresh Without Blood, for example.

Nothing generic about Post. It's well-written pop music with great instrumentation and production. It was a lot more critically acclaimed and, most importantly, respected than anything Grimes has ever put out.
Also, it's not synthpop, so you can stop saying that.

Except she is, objectively, and your shitty personal opinion is worth nothing.

Bjork would then go on to release the bold Homogenic, regarded as one of the best electronic albums of all time, and go into more experimental territory with Vespertine and Medúlla, establishing her status as one of the most acclaimed musicians of the last decades.
Who the fuck is Grimes even lol.

>implying post is not dance pop
You are not really smart, aren't you?

on Art Angels, Grimes goes into chamber pop, folktronica, experimental hip-hop, dream pop and synth punk. Bjork sticks to (shitty) synthpop and dance pop.

>well written = not generic
>it's not synth-pop
yeah ok.

Bjork easily.

Sick of seeing Grimes being compared to her all the time on here.

See, I prefer bjork to grimes, but this album in particular is literally art angels level pop. Thinking that this album is much superior is shit taste and/or huge hypocrisy

There is some dance pop on Post. I never implied that, you're just stupid.
Also there's nothing wrong with dance pop or even pop, stop being a child. This is not a "who is less mainstream?" argument.

You really suck at genres, don't you? Do you even know what chamber pop is? Explain to me how Art Angels goes into chamber pop territory.
Also, if you think all the string and brass arrangements on Post amount to just 'synthpop', I have nothing to say to you.

See, I'm not saying Post isn't pop. It's pop music, I have no problem admitting that.
But just because it's pop doesn't mean it's on the same level as all pop. Post is better pop than Art Angels. That's all

>You really suck at genres, don't you?
No, I don't.

> Explain to me how Art Angels goes into chamber pop territory
Literally on two songs, it's as much chamber poo as much as Post is jazz

>Also, if you think all the string and brass arrangements on Post amount to just 'synthpop'
There are lots of synths, and it's clearly (dance) pop, so yeah, you have nothing to say to me

Clearly biased. You choice is not valid because I'm sure you didn't even listen to Grimes.

>There is some dance pop on Post.
there's some dance pop on art angels, it's not only dance pop album as well
>you're just stupid.
it's interesting because I think the same about you
>Also there's nothing wrong with dance pop or even pop
I never implied that

>Thinking that this album is much superior is shit taste and/or huge hypocrisy
Exactly. The Bjork fans are huge hypocrites. Both albums have eclectic songs, from dance bangers (Army of Me - Kill V. Maim) to ballads (Headphones - Easily). They're easily comparable.

What did he mean by this?

> Post is better pop than Art Angels
why?

Uh, I like Grimes, I just like Bjork more, why are you being so defensive? Just because I prefer someone else you're "SURE" I've never listened to her...I've said that before here and got pretty much the same response, wouldn't be surprised if it was from you. I don't think they need to be compared all the damn time, let their work stand on their own. You're a hypocrite as well, you're biased for Grimes.

It's Oh So Quiet is literally big bang vocal jazz. This is not up for debate. Bjork GOES into jazz on Post.
Chamber pop is indie pop inspired by lounge music. Grimes does not make indie pop at all, and neither does Bjork, by the way.
As for Post being synthpop, I just don't hear it. There being synths doesn't automatically make it synthpop. Shit is not that literal. OMD, Japan, Depeche Mode, The Knife, that's synthpop. I've never heard anyone refer to Bjork's sound as 'synthpop'.

>Grimes sticks to (shitty) synthpop and dance pop
> there's nothing wrong with dance pop or even pop

It's better written, more interesting, more diverse and has better arrangements and singing.

Grimes won't be remembered in 5 years

jesus christ fuck off

>Grimes sticks to (shitty) synthpop and dance pop
>*someone said that bjork is dance pop*
>there's nothing wrong with dance pop or even pop
ftfy

I said Grimes' brand of synthpop/dance pop is shitty. I was not saying the genres are shitty.

I said Grimes makes shitty dance pop, not that dance pop is shitty. Thought it was pretty obvious, but apparently not?

>hating entire genres like a moron
Pleb

so you are a prophet, huh?
there are lots of acclaimed artists and also newcomers who confirmed to be influenced by grimes, including Death grips

>It's better written
exclusively subjective
>more interesting
exclusively subjective
>more diverse
>
>has better arrangements and singing
exclusively subjective

while posting all these subjective arguments bjorkfags are acting like post and art angels are like day and night, and everyone who compares them is retarded/deserves to die
that's very hypocritical

that's not what I implied you dummy, read the whole chain before replying next time

>is more consistent
I like Post more.
>is more diverse
They're probably equal in this respect.
>is more innovative
Tough call. Probably Post.
>has the better singing
Post clearly.
>has the better songwriting
Post, but Art Angels isn't bad.
>has the better lyrics
Tie.
>has the better production
I like Post's production better, but I think Art Angels had weird "bad" production as kind of a statement.
>has the better artwork
I actually prefer Art Angels.
>deserved the acclaim
Both deserved their acclaim.
>will stand the test of time 10 years from now
Post has already stood the test of time. I think Art Angels has a fair chance of also standing the test of time.
>overall is better?
but post is synthpop as well
so you mean bjork is shitty too?

>confirming that didn't listen to grimes' music
that's almost unexpected

>Grimes won't be remembered in 5 years

>Mon Nov 19 22:27:31 2012 No. 30316417
>still don't know understand mu's obsession with this chick

In 20fuckin12. You're very delusional if you believe for a moment she will cease to be relevant in 5 years from now.

How come? You're saying Grimes makes indie pop inspired by lounge music?

Hey, that was directed at me... don't even!

+1. Good points, user. Most Bjork fans are really delusional. Even if Bjork did some dance pop/synthpop on her first 2 albums they will refuse to admit the evidence. They just want an excuse to shit on Grimes' work at any price. That's pathetic.

Fair enough. IMO I'd replace Post with AA on most categories.

Oops, sorry! I thought you replied to my post

All, subjective. You did nothing to support your views.

I disagree. Personally, I don't find any songs on Homogenic to be filler,and while Medulla is certainly an album for people with very specific taste (if you don't like one song from it you'll hate the whole thing) I find every song vastly interesting

I said before that there's not many chamber pop in her album. You better read the whole chain before replying next time

Just admit that you suck at genres then because she used to make indie pop, and you still can hear indie pop roots even in some art angels songs

I agree that the'yre both the worst albums for both artist but Post is definitely unironically better. Post still has redeeming qualities while Art Angels is th same 2 songs over and over again

> Art Angels is th same 2 songs over and over again
that's not true, there are different influences in almost each song

So, it's just a matter of taste. IMO all Grimes' albums are vastly superior to Bjork.

I listened to Bjork's music for many years before discovering Grimes. Bjork is too patchy, some amazing songs and many underwhelming ones. The difference between singles and the album tracks is too high. Ask the Bjork fans to name their favorite songs from each album and you'd see mostly the same lists. Ask the Grimes fans the same and you'll see much less homogenic lists. Why? Because her music is more uniformly great.

reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/5b0wpg/favorite_and_least_favorite_songs_from_each_album/

>while Art Angels is th same 2 songs over and over again
You didn't even listen to the album! How are songs like Kill V Maim, Scream, Realiti, California, Life in the Vivid Dream, Artangels, Easily, Butterfly, Belly of the Beat identical to each other?

Seriously, listen to the album first before commenting about it.

Not him, but of course it's subjective, that's stupid.
I could say Liszt is a better composer than Grimes and it'd still be subjective, wouldn't it? Don't point out the obvious, we're all discussing opinions here.

I've listened to it. All of those are very similar; her voice never strays from its familiar patterns, whereas Bjork's can range from angry roars to beautiful light melodies (though in post it doesn't vary too much admittedly). Also, the production on all those songs remains very very similar

This discussion is so fucking boring

>boring
>78 posts
Then visit more interesting threads, like this one

they're both terrible singers
björk is completely ignorant to rhythm and grimes barely even has a voice

>grimes barely even has a voice
youtube.com/watch?v=qGLvUejoRb4

I'm don't know how grimes sounds like

Like an electro angel.

bump

Both are great
now fuck off

these threads sure make me respect the grimes

autism

faggot

I'm not gonna spoon feed you, faggots

please do

I started listening to Bjork (just Post) a while ago and I like it. Some boring songs but good ones too.
Anyways I'm listening to Homogenic which apparently is more popular and acclaimed, but it's really boring? It just seems slow and with no catchy rhythms and more annoying vocals.
Am I not getting it or something? Do I have to listen to it a bunch of times before it clicks?

Don't think it's going to be another catchy pop record. Turn your brain knob for something a bit more ethereal and atmospheric than her other records

That makes sense. It's just hard to switch off and let the music do its thing when she's yammering on top of it super loud and all over the place.

>Bjork would then go on to release the bold Homogenic, regarded as one of the best electronic albums of all time
Perhaps, but consider your own words in the context of their overall careers:

Years spent by Bjork professionally exercising her musical talents before Post: 18

Years spent by Grimes professionally exercising her musical talents before Art Angels: 5

>Post was released in 1995 and made Bjork an international star.
By your own words (assuming this was also you) it took Bjork 18 years to achieve international stardom (with Post.) Grimes first managed to achieve international stardom with 2012's Visions, meaning that what took Bjork 18 years of work to accomplish (with lots of musical helpers/collaborators btw) only took Grimes 2.

>including Death grips
src please - for posterity's sake

this isn't even a legit question this is just "is bjork bjork or are you a fucking idiot

>Years spent by Bjork professionally exercising her musical talents before Post: 18
>Years spent by Grimes professionally exercising her musical talents before Art Angels: 5
Bingo! Grimes didn't even showcase the whole extent of her talent yet. If Grimes was able to make such a great album after just 5-6 years of music career, she's a bigger talent than Bjork in my book. Her next album could be very well her own Vespertine:
>As she closes the door on this album, Boucher has a calmer project in mind for the next: “I’m really vibing on making something really slow and gorgeous that just breathes, and has room to breathe. I feel like my work has always been fast paced, kinetic, and almost just manic and I feel like for me the hardest thing I can do is make something that’s slow and heavy. I’m so ADD in my work; I really want to push myself into something that would be slower and more reflective.”