Unpopular opinions thread

Unpopular opinions thread

>MBV vocals are absolute shit and ruin the whole album
>Karma Police is the most overrated song on OK Computer, not even very good at all
>NLDW is Death Grip's best album
>Muse's early stuff is actually not that bad
>College Dropout is boring as hell

>>NLDW is Death Grip's best album
simple fact

>Karma Police is the most overrated song on OK Computer, not even very good at all
This one ain't unpopular. Maybe the second half of the sentence

RAP = Retards Attempting Poetry

My God you have a girlfriend

>MBV vocals are absolute shit and ruin the whole album

this is true but youre wrong about everything else

yeah

literally none of those opinions are unpopular

ok op you first

Station to Station is the most overrated Bowie album
Heathen is the most underrated

>MBV vocals are absolute shit
yeah
>and ruin the whole album
I like them in the context of their music though

jesus fuck thank you

not that unpopular

TMR is literally entry-level polyrhythms and I had a hard time trying to accept someone can find it hard to stomach.
TMR is super fun, it's like Top 40 Pop but actually good.
Power Electronics are also fun as fuck, Wriggle Like a Fucking Eel is catchy as hell.

>Ziggy Stardust is the most overrated Bowie album
Fixed that for you

>Grimes and Bjork aren't very good or interesting
>Trout Mask Replica is not good, Beefheart's other stuff is much better
>SMiLE (or however tf its stylized) isn't an album, it's an unfinished batch of songs that aren't very good.
>Pet Sounds is meh, but Sloop John B. and God Only Knows are fantastic
>O bLa di O bla is great
>Yoko Ono didn't ruin the beatles, but her solo music sucks
>Radiohead is fine
>Both blur and Oasis are meh
>ITAOTS only has 3 good songs

thats about it

if i don't like an album cover i'll put off listening to the album as long as possible even if i'm told it would appeal to my tastes and musical interests

i only just got around to listening to strawberry jam today

I think the Berlin trilogy is more overrated t b h

>Just turned that into the more popular opinion for you

>Grimes and Bjork aren't very good or interesting
>Trout Mask Replica is not good, Beefheart's other stuff is much better
>SMiLE (or however tf its stylized) isn't an album
>Yoko Ono solo music sucks
agree

TMM isn't all that good, it's actually kind of cringe.

2010 was the last great year in music.

>Dubstep is shit, with the exception of one or two skrillex songs
>Coldplay are far better than Radiohead and, especially U2 (who are probably the worst band of all time)
>Blur's only good song is Song 2 and they really are talentless dickheads.
>Oasis is far better than Blur by a long shot and are the only good Britpop band besides Coldplay.
>Mumford & Sons and Imagine Dragons are actually pretty good and should be commended for being some of the few good indie bands who infiltrated the mainstream
>Music definitely has gone somewhat downhill and the shear quantity of music released nowadays means that good music is harder to find
>Trip-hop is shit (Even Burial and Massive Attack)
>Queen, PF, and The Beatles were really great bands and are probably the most influential artists of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.
>Nirvana was the second best artist of the 80s and the best artist of the 90s.
>UK Garage music is the best musical genre to be invented in the last 10 years and UK garage bands like the white stripes, the strokes, the libertines, and the arctic monkeys were defining bands of the decade
>I really don't like 'Oldschool' or 'newschool' rap music, but Gorillaz are the best rap group and one of the most creative and innovative bands of the 2000s
>I don't really like much any music released this decade except by established bands
>Metal is not for kids and is a great genre
>Most indie music like fun. and capital cities is crap for girls
>Electronic music isn't a talentless genre (See: Deadmau5, Disclosure, and Daft Punk) but most people who make it are talentless hacks and it barely counts as music
>Daft Punk are actually really good and are deserve to be famous
>I don't think that songs without singing are good
>I think jazz is boring
>I think people who still download or own digital copies of music instead of just using spotify and youtube are stupid. And I think people who still buy physical music are even worse and are hipsters

Even some of Muse actual stuff is quite good honestly

>UK Garage music

What did you mean by this?

Is this b8?

b a i t

I know this feel

>UK Garage music
>Gorillaz are the best rap group
>Deadmau5, Disclosure as examples of electronic music not bein talentless
>Daft Punk deserve to be famous
yet
>I don't think that songs without singing are good

yeah this is b8

The King of Limbs is Radiohead's best album

>differing opinions don't exist on my watch >:)

I'm pretty sure these are for the most part normal, popular opinions. When I imagine someone who thinks this way, I imagine someone who has a good time with their many friends

I used to like Karma Police a lot but I can't listen to it anymore since I heard its basically a copy of a Beatles song

fuck off

Idk if it's their best but it's by far their most original and imo their only one where they move beyond just taking non-mainstream styles and genres and turning them into alt rock songs and actually do something that hasn't been done before

Also I love that even though they had more than enough material from the sessions to bloat it into a 45-50 minute affair they chose to keep it to just 8 short tracks and make it something to come back to and explore which is also something I don't think they really explored before

It's really brilliant and I hope they come back to a lot of its ideas someday

>I think people who still download or own digital copies of music instead of just using spotify and youtube are stupid

lmao

Motown is shitty, bland funk/soul for white people who don't actually give a shit about those genres.

No, this is wrong and he's right about everything else.

Centipede Hz is the best AnCo album and Monkey Riches is the best song on it.

wtf is uk garage music?

Either bait or you're a normie who just discovered Sup Forums. Some of your opinions are unforgivably stupid. Queen are nowhere near as influential as you think they are, there are countless bands from the 80s that are more influential than them. There's tons of great music that doesn't have any singing. Paying for Spotify is retarded and YouTube audio quality is shit compared to 320 MP3. There's nothing wrong with buying physical music, it supports the artist. Nirvana were nobodies in the 80s, they didn't became big/influential until Nevermind came out in 1991.

Your opinions are far too stupid to be real. What kinda pleb thinks all music without singing is bad? You're dismissing all classical music, tons forms of electronic music and countless other genres.

triggered

Music without lyrics (except classical/jazz) is inherently uninteresting.

>heroes is the worst of the Berlin trilogy

Mostly true except karma police is a decent song, and College Dropout is isn't the best but it's not boring either

this.

I really like pre 1990 U2

>people who still buy physical music are even worse than hipsters
He fell for the "hipster" meme.