Loveless appreciation thread

Loveless appreciation thread.

>*four snare hits*

The beginning of when you sleep gets me every time.

VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

still haven't listened to it. what am i in for?

Loveless is good.

shit

Welcome to 2016, you are in for an absolutely amazing album, but don't expect to like it after the first time, atleast not if you haven't listened to any other shoegaze

Favorite moments?

A lot of people say that it is a really sad album and I don't get that. There certain are some depressing tracks like sometimes but the album as a whole doesn't fill me with sorrow
Still one of the greatest albums ever though

90s alt rock with noise elements- it's really sweet sounding- like cotton candy. I find that I can show people When You Sleep and Soon and they just enjoy it, but What You Want and Come In Alone are too noisy for people with bitch ears.

The explosive beginning to "Come in Alone"

>*SNARE SNARE SNARE SNARE*
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>when Soon gets noisy
>that long outro on When You Sleep
>the first 10 seconds of the album

Mostly all of Blown A Wish, especially during the verses, and the Coda on the end of What You Want is practically tear jerkingly beautiful, which I just realized two days ago.

this sucks lol

>"No."

>FUCKING INSANE WAILING GUITARS ON THE OPENER THAT SOUND LIKE A GIANT MECHANICAL DRONEY ELEPHANT

omg that vocal walkdown on Come in Alone

>muh irony

Bilinda deserved better.

All of To Here Knows When

When the tremolo rippling starts on Blown A Wish
When the arpeggios on To Here Knows When start to dissonate, and you start feeling lost. But then they start to harmonize and you're able to latch onto the melody again.
That gentle pulsating at the end of the solo on Sometimes
That restrained guitar grunts and squeal just before the second verse of Come In Alone
The ending of Loomer (when the bass goes BOWWWW, and the guitars pan in a flickering fashion)
The subtle ASMR scratching on What You Want's coda
Soon's outro. It feels like you're hearing a really fun carnival/fair somewhere off in the distance at night. Makes you wanna hear the album again

it acknowledges your melancholia and wraps you in a warm blanket of noise and tells you its ok

It's not "depressing" exactly, but maybe a little melancholy. It's like looking back on your past and wondering what you could have done differently i m o.

Thank you for this

>when the noise and distortion completely engulf To Here Knows When around the 4:31 mark, yet you can still hear Belinda's subtle sighs and breathy vocals

Don't listen to About 10 seconds in to listening to it for the first time I thought something along the lines of "this is my new favorite album." and I had never listened to any other shoegaze before then. The aesthetic immediately clicked with me and I was hooked right away. It's been like 6 years since I first heard it and I still listen to it regularly.

its ok shoegaze kinda reddit tier these days tho

Seriously that is THE moment on the whole album for me.

Which To Here Knows When coda is better, Loveless one or Tremolo one?

Loveless, but only because it makes the transition to "When You Sleep" so much better. If they were released alone I would go with Tremolo.

>The transition from When You Sleep to I Only Said