Can we agree that this has taken over ITAOTS's spot as the quintessential Sup Forumscore album...

Can we agree that this has taken over ITAOTS's spot as the quintessential Sup Forumscore album? Not saying one is better than the other or even if it's that good (though I do love it) but at this point there are always threads about it, more than any other album I think

nope, not around here buckaroo. itaots will ALWAYS be the number 1 Sup Forumscore album

why would you want an album to be mucore. it just gets meme'd and shitted on constantly as soon as it gets picked up here

No.

Well I mean it already is pretty much but I've just noticed people seem to talk about this way more now than ITAOTS whether meme'd or not

it'll never be as memed as itaots, maybe just as overplayed though

just wait till LP3 comes out motherfucker
there will be memes unlike anything your feeble mind has ever conceived

i don't see why ppl love this album so much
first couple of songs are good
but IMO souvlaki is better

can you play any instruments?

drums. wbu?

i can't play anything. but i've heard people say that if you can't play anything, you can't appreciate this album as much so i was curious

ITAOTS reflected the hip taste some years ago of that kind of lumberjack-y, bearded, scrappy indie sound with horns and stuff.

that's not really the style now (well, not the prominent one).

ITAOTS is really good, but it's not exactly resonating with how taste has evolved. it will probably still resonate a great deal with American kid taste, but I agree with OP that a more post-studio gloopy sound like MBV and Slowdive is probably more relevant at this point.

No

desu I've been seeing less ITAOTS meme threads and more Loveless threads so you're right OP

Why? Who cares? Why is this a point of contention?

Though I think Loveless (might) be discussed more, Sup Forums is just to well known for ITAOTS, for it to be ever repalced.

maybe for now

in 5 years it will be music has the right to children

and you can quote me on this

Stop being newfags, all of you. Loveless has had it's 25 anniversary recently so there is naturally a spike of interest in the album right now.

Sure, but it's also rapidly being more and more regarded as THE masterpiece of the 90s.

(which it easily is)

>tfw you wasnt hear during the making and discover of the greatness that is itaots. i will never see what it was like witnessing the rise of that album as the definitive piece of art to represent this board. Drum Girl we love you

>Drum Girl
She's potato

IT'S A WHEEL OF CHEESE

loveless is the heart of Sup Forums
itaots is the soul of Sup Forums
spiderland is the mind of Sup Forums

there you have it - this discussion is over

>tfw it will never been 2009 and you're hearing ITAOTS for the first time along with the majority of Sup Forums for the first big listen-along

i can go to bed now, thank you user.

I've seen a good bit of spiderland indifference to hate recently though

What are ITCOTCK and MBDTF then?

the mouth and penis respectively

I noticed that too, my theory on it is that as you listen to the album more and more it seems to turn mediocre, maybe it's a phenomenon that just happened to me but the first couple of listens I could see why it was venerated, now I would rate it like a 6.5 probably.

hmm, maybe the discussion is still open!

>tfw too intelligent for spiderland
i'm proud of Sup Forums. it has the trout mask replica brain finally

all the Don Aman anons are REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'ing in disbelief right now. Take this claim back user, take it back NOW.

no

i-it's just my opinion user

I still think Breadcrumb trail and Good morning captain are 10/10 songs, the album just kinda bores me through the middle even though it used to sound sublime

oh, ok. I can deal with that user