This is literally Cultural Appropriation: The Album. How the fuck is it still considered acceptable to like this album?

This is literally Cultural Appropriation: The Album. How the fuck is it still considered acceptable to like this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UW1IqW6kNdU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

maybe because cultural appropriation isn't real.

What do you mean? This album is literally the defenition of cultural appropriation? In what sense isnt it real?

Reminder that Fela Kuti was heavily inspired by American funk music.

Please kill yourself

Because it's good.

By the way, why do two threads with the same image in the OP always end up next to each other in the catalog? Is there someone who actively bumps threads in between them just because they like two images being next to each other?

cultural appropriation is fine as you do it respectfully and don't butcher it

and that's what this album did

>wah wah wah: the thread
Fuck off

>muh sacred cultures
>on Sup Forums, memeland capital of the world

>a bunch of entitled white shitlords taking whatever minority culture they want and turning into an ambomination
>respectful
The lengths white people will go to in order justify their racism is incredible

why are people falling for this retarded bait

why weren't you people complaining about this back in the 80s and 90s

you spelled cultural appreciation wrong

ITT newfags that take the bait

OP here, I hope your racist little remarke was worth being reported. Enjoy your ban ;)

pls don't im sorry I love africa now

In another 2 months it wont' be the Current Year anymore, so who knows what will be acceptable.

No. You're a meme.

in what sense is cultural appropriation not real? lol u've been haning out on internet forums too long.

Cultural appropriation is a really stupid argument coming from the left.

People will always be influenced by other cultures somewhat in certain things, and then retool them for their own uses and sensibilities. The fact that the left are suddenly acting like you can't do this actually emphasizes that there ARE indeed very real and different races, ethnicities, and cultures that are valuable things in themselves that have the right to their own self-preservation. I don't disagree with that at all, but the left often try to challenge such an argument, so they might want to drop the cultural appropriation accusation. Shall we start condemning Muslims for wanting to come over and adopt and partake in the fruits of European cultures? I'm fine with that, if we're going to go there.

PLEASE I DELETED IT IM SO SORRY I WONT BE RACIST IM SORRY

You need to find some friends to hang out with champ. Maybe they can help you get laid.

does that mean fela kuti was appropriating james brown?

cultural appropriation is stupid and talking heads sound nothing like afrobeat

this. i know the cultural appropriation thing is a meme but this whole cultural exchange between africa and everywhere else was at the heart of african music in the 70s.

this is also true, remain in light isn't exploiting it's influences, it's honoring it. byrne or eno are super open about it, there's even an outtake named fela's riff ffs.

>Cultural Appropriation
>music
this doesn't work my friend

take a look at these hands

...TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS

woah....
.....hey

The hands of a government man

i'm full blown Sup Forums and even i believe cultural appropriation is real
i used to believe it wasn't, but then i saw what normies were doing with our memes, bastardizing and trivializing them. i'm sorry minorities, i realized that i was wrong. now i believe in segregation so that it can never possibly happen.

Does this mean that rappers have to stop sampling classic rock songs?

:^)

Rock music in general is appropriation

i kek

The fact you attack an album made by Byrne, someone on the autism spectrum, just shows your own bigotry and neurotypical privilege.

How on earth is this Cultural Appropriation in any way? Elaborate.

>implying only black people can make music with a strong, funky beat
that's more racist then whatever you're insulating

Cultural "appropriation" is a non-issue. It's a buzzword. There's a better term for it. It's called "Influence"

B8 or not, How on earth does this album discriminate against a particular race? Race is not defined by its music. Defining race by a certain culture is a racist thing to do.

you're about to catch
>THESE HANDS
son

>implying Africa has only one culture
You're the real racist here

I really like that album.
I'm soooooo thin.
And this isn't the best song ever made:
youtube.com/watch?v=UW1IqW6kNdU

>Cultural Appropriation

Tumblr is that way, bucko.

>wah wah