youtube.com/watch?v=6yxbOsUtYNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rLTYvwg2A9Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>'We Wuz' the album

Thanks for your valuable contribution, stormweenie

youtube.com/watch?v=6yxbOsUtYNQ

Hell yeah, I actually prefer Reachin to this though

youtube.com/watch?v=rLTYvwg2A9Q

This is gonna be an unpopular opinion for sure, but it is it just me or does Ladybug not add much to their sound? Butterfly and especially Doodlebug have sick flows but her verses kind of bore me.

This

Really overrated album, I don't know alot of these like "cool underground" rap tapes that came out around this time that are critically acclaimed are like fun to have on in the background but none of them have stand out songs that like a great rap album needs.

I like her but I think I'm just biased toward female MCs.
There just aren't many of them, so the sound of a woman spitting just always stands out to me

Like everything is well done on this album, but like okay the instruments are cool but not catchy and don't carry the song, the emcees don't dominate the tracks to take away or add anything to the songs

it's just boring

Electric Relaxation is a standout track IMO

A tribe called quest did everything the digable planets did 100x better

I don't want to sound like I'm biased against female MCs, I think they're cool too.

But she just doesn't do it for me personally, from what I heard so far.

And while I'm not super into the Afrocentricism stuff, some of those lines are pretty sick like "the three colored flag can't hold my baggy sag".

That's a Tribe song

I think the Digable Planets might have had an issue of oversaturating their music with the rhetoric.

Which is somewhat underground. Not quite underground but alternative for sure.

When did white people start listening to rap en masse?

I wouldn't say 100x but yeah, Tribe > DP. That doesn't mean DP isn't also really good though
You right, I thought he was talking about DP specifically.

When radios started playing it in the 80's

Are they posers? Rapping about Brooklyn and shit but none of them grew up in New York

No way was hip hop mainstream young white people music like it is now.

The vast majority of mainstream hip hop fans have been young, suburban and white since the 80's.

No way were most white kids bumping 2pac in 1993 the way pretty much all white kids now are familiar with Drake or Future songs

I don't know if most white kids were or that most white kids are now, but the majority of Tupac's fans were just as white as the majority of Drake and Future's

Tons of black people listen to Drake and Future.

I despise Drake, his shitty songs have saturated NY Hip Hop stations.

But black people as a whole are only ten percent of the population, so most of the fans are still white

yeah but a higher percentage of black people listen to hip hop than white people.

Side note, I went to a Fetty Wap concert in NYC and it was like 80% white, though. I went to a Rick Ross concert a few years ago and it was like 90% black lol.

Yeah but that's not what we were talking about nigga, obviously basically all black people listen to some rap
White people love trash

You sick fucking troll.

You know I know you're white? You say "The Digable Planets"

It makes it sound smoother.

Nobody says "Eagles" instead of "the Eagles" even though the former is their actual name.

Also I doubt many black people under the age of 40 even know who Digable Planets are.

I was being 100% serious