Are these the Kings of the 80's

Are these the Kings of the 80's.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ytZ73T9jGFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=m0G-r51Atmc
youtube.com/watch?v=BnGGkluWtrE
youtube.com/watch?v=MYwNLlTt3AQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They did make some good hits. Only 3 albums in the 80s though, Songs from the big chair is a really great album though .

Them and Depeche Mode prolly.
I remember playing M83's Hurry Up...and my dad said it sounded like Tears for Fears.

How about The Cure or Joy Division? The Smiths? Pixies, Husker Du, REM, Talking Heads, so many more. The 80s were fantastic for music.

This.
Tears for Fears definitely had the sound of the 1980s. The Police put out some fantastic albums as well. Also what about fucking Michael Jackson. Even if you don't like him as a person..

>Joy Division
They released a grand total of one (1) album during the 80s, so probably not. New Order would be a better contender.

the great overlords of the 80s were obviously
M E T A L L I C A

Who are The Kings?

Ehh, their influence mainly affected the 80s.
Yea. Sonic Youth, Violent Femmes, so much good stuff...

I can't really think of another band that encapsulates the various musical styles of the 1980s better than New Order. In 1981, they were making post-punk indistinguishable from their late 70s work.
youtube.com/watch?v=ytZ73T9jGFQ
By 1983, danceable synth music became their main focus.
youtube.com/watch?v=m0G-r51Atmc
In 1986, their music was much poppier, with a greater focus on lyrics.
youtube.com/watch?v=BnGGkluWtrE
And in 1989, they were essentially making acid house.
youtube.com/watch?v=MYwNLlTt3AQ

Get that weak shit out of here

>The Cure
Yes
>Joy Division?
Yes
>The Smiths?
NO.
>Pixies,
Nope
>Husker Du
who?
>REM,
FUCK
>Talking Heads
OFF

Jacko literally did nothing wrong

Tears for Fears and Morrisey are legitimately the only artists I hate from the 80s.

The Smiths are pretty fucking up there for influential and popular. Pixies are fantastic, maybe more about the 90s. And don't lie to yourself about REM or Talking Heads, both are pretty great.

they're my shit. good on them for transitioning gracefully from the 70s

Are you like some uptown 80s girl with endless shit taste?

Maybe he should've said Madonna.

>Husker Du
>Who?
lurk more

>influential
>means good
those first two are just pretty bad, and the 90s was the worst era, they influence shitty bands like Nirvana and what not
Rem are just horrible, literally just guitar core, you know, the thing that was not cool in the 80s...
Talking Heads makes an amazing album, '77, them they just get ruined by Eno, who some how thing that culture appropiation was a good idea. (commercially was, yes) -_-'

The first album of Madonna was pretty cool.

>Talking Heads makes an amazing album, '77, them they just get ruined by Eno, who some how thing that culture appropiation was a good idea. (commercially was, yes) -_-'

well, yeah, its bassically White people trying to play blacks music. Its pathetic.

Are you the same guy that made the thread on how Remain in Light is bad cause of 'muh cultural appropriation'? That's just a hunk of shit excuse to say you don't like it. How about you just go fill rec threads for us since you like to think your opinion is correct over everyones?

>Cultural appropriation

I don't think music, or any form of art, is your style. Try model trains.

their cover of mad world was awful tho

too bad tears for fears are forever embedded into the mindset of "fuck yeah!! 80s!! epic!! epic songs everybody wants to rule the world is my favorite! epic!!"... niggas gotta get onto the seeds of love, one of the finest pop albums of that decade (all time??)

TFF are trash

apologize...NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, and its because its NOT New Wave too. Black people music already made that years before. How can be that the sound of the 80s????

The B52's albums and pic related for recs.

word

Reminder it's one fag posting Tears for Fears threads daily, ignore this assclown

He may be an assclown, but he's an assclown with taste

Also that's not how saging works lmao

This is my first time posting in Sup Forums in about a month.

Madonna is good. Unironically.

Black Flag instead of Husker Du and you got yourself a deal

Unfortunately they didn't put out the volume of content that would win them that title.
I'd give that title to New Order probably, Depeche Mode ia another solid pick but the issue there is that all of their straightforward downtempo love songs are fucking awful, and didn't hold up well.
Jacko is the king of USA 80s
And this