How would you describe Annie Clark aka St. Vincent's body of work, Sup Forums?

how would you describe Annie Clark aka St. Vincent's body of work, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/85067428
spin.com/2015/11/joanna-newsom-divers-interview/
rookiemag.com/2015/10/joanna-newsom-interview/4/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gay.

Exquisite, emotional, precise, beautiful, jagged, angry, melancholic, artistic, theatrical, precious, delicate. Kinda like a female David Bowie.

>Kinda like a female David Bowie.

Except without talent or songwriting ability.

>Kinda like a female David Bowie
paedo confirmed

>Except without talent or songwriting ability.
Stay deluded.

>deluded

Lmao

shut up bitch you only hate her because shes a woman shes talented admit it!

stupid sexist fuck kys

Wrong. I dislike her bad music.

WTF?!?!? Did you even listen to her stuff? What album did you listen to? How many times???? Were you even paying attention?

I've read somewhere "her music is very much like her: beautiful and annoying". That sums it up perfectly.

Calm down.

I won't let a sexist fuck like you walk all over this beautiful genius

LISTEN TO HER MUSIC AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL IT FUCKING CLICKS

yea blondie is pretty good

tried way too hard

>shaved
Dropped

>never banged Mick Jagger
0/10 not Bowie

Like Grimes, but with talent and appeal

Supple

My god.

Is that what she looks like without makeup?

>triggered
Both have talent and appeal. U = pleb.

fuck off

Clark has talent and appeal. Grimes has presets that a twelve year old could use. She occasionally does something mildly interesting by accident. So does U2. Notwithstanding the delusions of grandeur typical of rabid Grimes fans, she is and will always be opening act fodder.

Grimes >>>>>> St. Vincent

>Grimes has presets that a twelve year old could use.
If they could, they did it? That's the question. And speaking of presets, she's making her own sound packs, pleb. She even contributed new sound samples for a new device, Roli Blocks. Stop talking shit.
>She occasionally does something mildly interesting by accident. So does U2.
OK, this is bait. How come someone that supposedly "occasionally does something mildly interesting by accident" is so beloved by the music world? How come she even has a big fanbase?
>Notwithstanding the delusions of grandeur typical of rabid Grimes fans,
These are not delusions, but ideas grounded in reality. She's really great and we're 100% sure of that. Problem?
>she is and will always be opening act fodder.
She headlines her own shows and she's headliner or sub-headliner on most music festivals (e.g. at Glastonbury she was the headliner of her stage). Again, stop talking shit.

People like her because of her 'cute' dilettantism. Compare Lauren.

How much time could you like someone based on "cute dilettantism" before getting terribly bored? I'm telling you, not too much time. Her music is actually great. That's why her fans are fans in the long run. Sup Forums should be bored of her years ago if she would be mediocre, yet she's still relevant.

wow who is this ugly oven dodger

Lol. The butthurt in this post is hilarious. What is it with Grimes fans being so hypersensitive about her? You react like I'm bragging about my sex life with your daughter.

>she's made her own sound packs and contributed to Roli Blocks
It's almost like celebrity endorsements, no matter how lame they are, help sell a product to delusional fans. I'm so impressed.

>so beloved by the music world, big fanbase
Lord knows no one ever gets popular or high ratings without being a musical genius. I guess you have a similarly high opinion of everyone who sells a ton of records.

>she's really great and we're 100% sure of that
This doesn't reek of insecurity at all.

>she headlines her own shows
There are also people who buy season tickets to see the Detroit Lions.

"The first musician you break out when someone goes through your library and accuses you of being sexist for only listening to men."

Piss off.

tumblrcore

:^)

david byrne more like
a literall hack

c'mon that weapon is useless

lmao

i honestly can't tell if this is bait these days

420 check it

Poe's Law is the norm with Grimes fans. It's a shame because Grimes is reasonably talented, she's a good lyricist and arranger; I'd probably like her more consistently if not for that shrill and annoying anime princess voice she affects for no goddamn good reason. But her fanbase is a creepy cult who think she's some kind of genius when she clearly is nothing of the sort.

She only dates (rich) meme lesbians.

No wonder why they broke up.

She kind of makes you roll your eyes. She comes as a stiff with a rehearsed schtick in a lot of her recent interviews. The whole artsy look came off as a marketing ploy. But her music is very good and she is obviously talented. The self titled album is overrated. It's souless and has a contrived weirdness to it i hardly listened to it after the first few listens. Strange Mercy is by far my favorite album it's very accessible and she has a very pretty expressive voice and the musics genuinely jarring in a fun cacophonous way(by pop standards not mu's pretentious post-rock standards.)

Annie Clark:

>actual talent
>has a pleasant & expressive voice
>multi-instrumentalist: guitar, bass, piano, keyboards, synthesizer
>interesting lyricist
>great look and personality
>collaborated with David Byrne, The Chemical Brothers, Swans, The National, and others
>sang live with Nirvana (the remaining members), Wire, The Polyphonic Spree, Sufjan Stevens and Taylor Swift
>highly acclaimed music (see Metacritic for details)
>won a Grammy (Best Alternative Album) for her self-titled album
>insane live performances
>a great balance between quirky and accessible
>she knows how to do a football rainbow kick: vimeo.com/85067428

Why are you talking about Grimesfags? The person in question is talking about StV

I'm 100% sure that the Annie hater OP is the same op of the mcu threads on /hr/

Steadily degrading into a pile of pop-mush

You're a delusional asshole. That "shrill and annoying anime princess voice" is her actual voice. You like it or you don't, it's an acquired taste. And Grimes is actually a genius. She's Joanna Newsom approved, so shut up:

>I’m super excited that Grimes is getting so much attention for her amazing production too because she’s super, super talented. And she does everything! She produces completely on her own.
spin.com/2015/11/joanna-newsom-divers-interview/

>I started to think of it as waveforms. The violin is not an uglier sound than the flute, it’s just a jagged waveform instead of a smooth waveform. There are certain things that, musically, I prefer over others: I like music that is in tune, I prefer when singers are in tune, I prefer when I’m in tune. In terms of people today, as I said, I’m a little out of the loop, but I have noticed I’m really excited by the way that Grimes frames herself, and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty, which is really exciting to me. Sometimes it’s useful for an idea, and then other times it’s not useful for an idea, and she seems unaffected either way. I like her music as well, and I like what she says.
rookiemag.com/2015/10/joanna-newsom-interview/4/

>The whole artsy look came off as a marketing ploy.
How could you possibly know that? Just because you believe that it doesn't mean it's true.

>Lord knows no one ever gets popular or high ratings without being a musical genius.
And sometimes people DO get popular for being musical geniuses. Case in point

You do realize that every obnoxious grimes worshipping post just reinforces my point about how out of touch all or you are, right? Joanna is talented herself (more so than grimes) but her calling someone talented is not proof that they're a genius.

You all really need to calm down about grimes, it's creepy and obsessive and weird. No other fan base freaks out the way you all do. Maybe you're baiting me but it's impossible to tell.

hmmmm....

>her calling someone talented is not proof that they're a genius.
No, but stuff like this is >Maybe you're baiting me
Some bait, others don't. Can't speak to the true intentions behind since I didn't post it, but I CAN tell you that is completely genuine since I wrote it.

People blows her as if the majority of her songs were like her good songs (which are really really good) but she isn´t half that consistent really. Also, her bad songs are a cringe fest.