/NBBMN/

/nbbmn/: Medieval Edition

Old Thread: Try to talk about things that aren't politics in NSBM.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LMc00frLdhg
neverendingchartrendering.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=9_89GkvScuk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

STRIBROS ASSEMBLE

Holy shit this is ridiculously fucking good, god damn.

Post 2016 surprises

An album with a cover that is that shit has no right to be as good as it is.

What you listening to my Stribro? Currently on the second half of Nefaria/ A Tragic Journey Towards the Light myself.

>generic black&white artwork with gold lettering

well it has to be good then

That voice

Here's my /chart/. Obviously it's not all black metal, but I'd love some recs. I'll rec others in return.

lol, it looks like a bootleg Bob Ross painting

here u go

Made this a year ago. Beware:

> Emyprium is not Black Metal, hence the name of the chart
> I am perfectly aware of the fact that not every band on this chart is actually from Germany, but every singe one has traces of a disctinct german sound and german lyrics

Only in 2016 would that cover art not be ridiculed to the ground

Tourists fucking leave

It's like really quirky prog atmo black with melo black and other weird shit like saxophones, trumpets, and gregorian chants. But like it doesn't sound lolrandumb, it's actually good.

>behexen
Land of the troll or gtfo

>tfw I like the cover art

It's really comfy looking. Do I have shit taste?

Listening to Purifying the River of Tears

I was just poking fun, I'll check it out actually.

thanks

also thanks

Tell me if you liked it. Been meaning to listen to it, but something about Live Striborg doesn't sound too appealing.

Neat

Listen to Pyramids/Horseback split

It's post post black metal.

Albums with insane vocals outside of the usual Silencer/Austere/Trist replies?

Aren't some of those Austrian? Also, Bethlehem and Belmez I think should have the tag "dark metal"

It's alright. The fact that there are other people in the same room as him doesn't make is feel like a Striborg album tho

>Waldgeflüster

my nigga

yes

you forgot fleurety so
try fleurety

is topsters not working for anyone else? I'm trying to dl my updated chart but it just stays at rendering

lol the lil red niggas shadow is a dick

reporting in sir

niggas all magicka looking

Aaskereia/Brocken Moon. Grim is one of the most unique, craziest and amazing vocalists in Black Metal. I'd recommend Mit Raben und Wölfen by Aaskereia as a starting point.

topsters has been weird for a while, I have to save what I added, go to profile and open chart, then redo it because it didn't save, THEN it actually saves.

One of the dudes from Urfaust is in this medieval themed black metal group, not as good as Gauhaert but still enjoyable.

>yfw all the Striborg links in the archive are dead

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Woods of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason
Lunar Aurora - Hoagascht
Graven - Perished and Forgotten

>post post black metal
Sounds interesting, thank you

>atilla

Post northern black metal
youtube.com/watch?v=LMc00frLdhg

this is nuts what the heck

there's nothing wrong with atilla u fuck

fk da h8rs

To fix that problem save immediately after adding an album then close the tab. Re-open as needed, topsters won't save after it's been open for more than a few minutes for some reason.

on the packaging of a halloween-themed breakfast cereal maybe

>GY!BE
Dark Buddha

>Aren't some of those Austrian?
Yes. As written before, I am perfectly aware that some of the bands aren't from Germany. They are still on this chart because they still have a sound that is very distinctly "german", also many of them are on a german lable, mainly play in Germany, and so on.
>Also, Bethlehem and Belmez I think should have the tag "dark metal"
Dark Metal didn't really warrant an entiry column in a brief introduction, at least in my opinion. Maybe you could make a Dark Metal-chart?

How did you like their new record?

sorry fuck i meant neverendingchartrendering.org/

what the heck constitutes "dark metal"?

no one is going to spoon-feed you.

Imagine mid-paced black metal that isn't quite doom influenced but doesn't really go to the extreme side of BM, without it being DSBM or something more Burzum-oriented.

It's complicated. Listen to Belmez, early Bethlehem, Abyssmal, Morgul, Deinonychus, stuff like that

>How did you like their new record?
Slightly better than Meine Fesseln, which I thought was great.
Overall a nice record, I really need to get it and the Panopticon split asap

it's a mix of doom, black, and some gothic.
it's pretty loosely defined so it could mean bands like Agalloch and Katatonia, but also bands such as Agathadaimon, or Bethlehem.

at Saint Vitus?

The split is very nice, even if the cover of Norwegian Nights is kind of lackluster compared to the original on Roads to the North, imo. If you ever get the chance to catch them live, do it. I've seen them play on a really small stage on a festival with a set of around twenty minutes and they were still an absolut highlight. They have a great energy on stage.

Its weird that Krallice is disregarded as 'hipster' when people in /nbbmn/ & /metal/ like Anicon

If they ever tour the US I'd probably have to drive to a different state to see them, would be worth it though.

There's nothing hipster about Anicon

does Preacher have a job?

/nbbmn/ is more than one person
i like krallice and anicon

Anicon (members of: Krallice, Yellow Eyes)

no, he's a poor, NEET shitskin from portugal.

Who is the biggest NEET in black metal?

to be fair, if I lived in a third world country I'd just shitpost all day too.

Portugal is in Europe, silly

you posted him

where does he aquire moneyz? Does he have neetbux?

youtube.com/watch?v=9_89GkvScuk

Literally one member from Krallice and one member from Yellow Eyes

he has a job, also peru not portugal, he's cool but don't idolize tripfags

No doy. So?

you were saying he was a shitskin, well if he's from Peru, I guess that makes sense

Hey guys, since Striborg seems to brought up in every thread, what's your favorite album by him?

post albums you will never get tired of

Southwest Passage is the only listenable album by him.

dissection is shit m8

Their best imo

yes sir

good taste

Anicon is a little hipstery

make like a tree and leaf

I was at one of those shows, did Anicon play both? I went to the one Cloud Rat played.

who's the qt?

Oh I wasn't that poster actually. My point was that Portugal is, along with Spain, Italy and Greece, the latin america of Europe and not really part of the first world.

jon was such a qt

me

yeah I was at the one with cloud rat, on a monday

Jon Nödtveidt

some guy standing infront of me was on reddit for the whole show

there would be no first world without Italy and Greece, did you finish high school?

very grim thx

>Jon Nödtveidt
talking about the girl, faget

The big four I never get tired of are Filosofem, Bergtatt, Written in Waters and HEart Of The Ages

what are you even talking about

I was wearing a flannel and baseball cap and getting steadily hammered and laughing at all the trannies with my friend

We're in 2016. People are alive now. It matters fuckall what people from around there did 1000-2000 years ago, you delusional cunt.

Just jokes m8
and also probably just some fan at a Dissection show

>Italy and Spain are not 1st world
>calls other people delusional

ayy

This is the one that started all for me

Fine, I'll give you Italy and Spain (barely), but not Portugal and Greece.