I haven't been here in a while. What does Sup Forums think of Julien Baker?

I haven't been here in a while. What does Sup Forums think of Julien Baker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QLhLileFX9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

She got a little buzz a while back. Her next album will have to be impressive to keep the momentum going.

so-so starbucks-core

I really really like her

just listened for the first time today and this album is so great

This.

she's cool.

She looks like she smells
Album was trite garbage
I want a gf

Not at all.

She's a small, sad girl that writes small, sad songs.

She's great.

she's not sad, she just write sad lyrics. that's what really pushes me away from her music

>she's not sad, she just write sad lyrics
Welcome to music, faggot

i still have some faith in music user

A girl that looks like a 14 yr old boy that makes boring generic pop, at least she's cute.

>generic pop

>zero groove
>forgettable guitar playing
>is she using a looper on her actual album?
>rainbow guitar strap, posts pretentious reviews of pretentious Daughter albums, was in a punk band
>lyrics lack emotional maturity, melodramatic

Yet despite all of that, I LOVED Sprained Ankle. She's got an earnestness that's infectious and I like her voice a lot. the album is very minimal but I like that sort of thing so there you go.

I will say this is the sort of shit you post on facebook and EVERYONE just ignores it. Dunno why but people don't even react to it.

I was disappointed when I found out she was a lesbian. I want her to be my gf guise

>looks like a 14 yr old boy
>at least she's cute

wait, what

I'm tempted to see her live with Pinegrove on Tuesday desu. Don't really care about Kevin Devine and the Goddamn band. They're headlining.

Album was simple but I love it. It's been one of my favourites since it was released, and her band is great too. I agree with user about her music being infectious.

I love it. I love her. Too bad she's a lesbian. help me.

^This here.

at least you know she is pure

sentimentalism personified. she hasnt suffered a day in her life yet sings blues

^ right

this is what happens when kids get too much jesus

I haven't listened to the album but didn't she go through a heroin addiction?

I dunno, she said she had her fair share of rebellious moments in her life, but I know she is sweet. I met her in California and she's adorable.

pinegrove is good. you should see them familia

>Heroin addiction
>Being gay in a very religious state

Yeah, drug addiction is self imposed but doesn't mean it should be over-looked and even though everyone wants to be a tough guy saying, "Hahaha, being gay isn't struggle," you obviously know nothing.

enjoyable and cute

>sentimentalism

did i miss this meme? i've seen this used as a criticism several times today

I love her. I went into the album expecting some bland "le tumblr girl with acoustic guitar" but it's such a depressingly sad album. She has an authenticity to her that sets her apart from other similar musicians.

I like her stuff, but I don't know if I can really listen through her albums because it's just like 35 of sad. There's no other emotions or push and pull. It's just full on sad for 35 minutes.

I don't get what others have been saying about her not being a sad enough person. The person writing the songs and the personally you see performing the songs are not necessarily the same person. I don't understand how you can say she's not depressed enough for her music, unless you personally know her.

Other wise you're actually saying she doesn't appear sad enough for me to like her sad music. If only she appeared sadder I'd like her more.

Well said. Don't even like her music much, but well said.

>she isn't a molested orphan therefore she can't make le sad music >:(

S
H E B E P H I L I A
O
T R A P S
A

This just might be the American in me talking but I saw her in LA back in Febuary and she was incredible. There were some Explosions In The Sky tier instrumentals and I was captivated. I don't know how I felt having to stand up the entire time. It's some you need to sit down and ponder over. She should play at seated venues to embrace the atmosphere.

>drug addict
>gay in a red state
>lost friends to gay conversion camps (suicides)
>was afraid of her hyper religious parents
>religious herself so she was conflicted
I mean it's not getting your legs blown off but c'omn

IF SHE A DYKE

IM A DYKE

youtube.com/watch?v=QLhLileFX9k

Trips and dubs of truth here

What were you guys doing when you met?

I write sad lyrics and I wanna die more often than not

Oh, it was just after the concert. She was just really sweet. She really comes off shy, but when you talked to her she really opens up. I've fallen for this person I've met once. I don't even mind being called a pussy or any name at this point.

I like that one Rejoice song. bout it. n i wanna fuck her face.

What'd you two talk about?

I don't think you know what it means to be generic pop

I told her took a bus from a state over just for the concert and she talked about how she used to ride Greyhound a lot to play shows. Talked about the concert, and stuff I can't seem to recall at this moment, haha. But yeah, very sweet girl.

I dig her music a lot

Eh

saw her with Car Seat Headrest in Berlin a couple of months ago. She was great and Sprained Ankle was one of my favourite albums last year. Her honesty moved me to tears more than once and usually I don't like acoustic guitar folksy emo stuff at all.