Why not move the penalty spot to the line of the 18 yard box?

Why not move the penalty spot to the line of the 18 yard box?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uJEnwi7otu0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw 7-0 get

>yard

Multiball

No offsides!

That's what I get for expecting intelligent discussion from the rest of the world.

Penalties are perfect as they are. Very easy to score, and go in 8 or 9 times out of 10 during a match scenario. They should be easy, seeing as the opposing team committed a foul which probably denied a goal.

The closeness works well in penalty shootouts too, when players are mentally and physically exhausted. They can easily fuck it up but if they keep their concentration they will almost certainly score. It makes penalty shootouts a game of nerve and mental steel, which I like.

heres a better question - why dont they stop the clock on injuries so i dont have to cringe seeing a grown man ""professional"" athlete pretend hes hurt after flopping?

Why?

Seriously, what's the reasoning?

It makes it too easy in my opinion. Making it further back would add more drama and showcase more of the skills of the players and keepers (or lack thereof).

That's a good idea too.

>he doesn't appreciate oscar-tier acting in his sports

pleb

They're supposed to be like free throws in basketball: A penalty on the defender for denying a scoring opportunity illegally.

A yellow (sometimes red) card and the backed up penalty kick would still be enough to discourage constant fouling in the box in my opinion. It's not like moving it back would make them impossible all the sudden. The advantage would still go to the penalty taker.

>moving the penalty to the 18 yd line
No, they should do penalties like they do in hockey, have the ball around the 30 yd line, then have the player take the ball out and try to score. Gives the keeper a better chance.

That's an interesting idea.

1 on 1 is pretty easy in soccer though

Because this game called football causes physical stress where players might run up to 20km in a match. This isn't "stop, throw ball, run, stop, repeat"ball, time is health, and also entertainment. Also, if you weren't so sedentary, you would know you lose momentum if you stop too much.

are you retarded joao? players arent running or doing any stressful physical activity when a faggot brazilian sissy flops on the ground and pretends hes hurt. the game play is stopped. stopping the clock would prevent people from purposely faking injury to waste time. the clock would only be stopped if a player requires medical assistance or inspection from the sidelines.

>mfw a mentally disabled hue monkey tries to make a counterpoint

I don't see why they just don't stop the clock when the ball is dead like any other sport

Cool idea and it would be fun to watch the run-up but would never work in real life. 1v1 is not as easy in soccer, the goalie would stop most shots.

Make it a 3v2 from the half-line and I would watch that shit all day.

>lose momentum if you stop too much

Let's examine this phrase in the original Portuguese:

>HUEHUEHUEHUE

Why doesn't the keeper constantly run back and forth across the goal mouth the whole game? Actually, this would have helped Júlio César in the World Cup, he might have accidentally gotten in the way of a German shot...

They used to do that in mls before they realised it was shit

Fuck off with your shitty rules, Amerifat. Nobody trusts you to improve anything after this bullshit
youtube.com/watch?v=uJEnwi7otu0