Almost every night as I'm about to fall asleep it sounds as if dozens of people yell my name from a distance and it...

Almost every night as I'm about to fall asleep it sounds as if dozens of people yell my name from a distance and it jolts me back awake.
Am I crazy?

Maybe you just need hugs?

Probably schizophrenic. See a doctor if it gets worse.

I get that very occasionally too. Once jolted awake because it felt like someone had whispered my name in my ear

Maybe low level schizo? idk talk to your doctor maye

You are probably a psyker. The voices are coming from the minds of millions of souls from many universes and dimensions thinking about you.

That used to happen to me but I got over it. You probably will, too. Picture your mind as a still pool user

before consulting a doctor you need to find the answer to one specific question

ARE there people shouting your name? perhaps outside?

Are you scared of the dark?

I hear fucking trains going through my head when I'm trying to sleep.

I was told once that it's literally the sound of blood circulating and that when you get to a certain level of sleep/silence you can occasionally pick up sounds like that.

THESE ARE THE CRIES OF THE CARROTS.

THE CRIES OF THE CARROTS.

YOU SEE, REVEREND MAYNARD, TOMORROW IS HARVEST DAY AND FOR THEM
IT
IS
THE
HOLOCAUST.

you make me feel less crazy

got 3 over attached dogs, can't be that

depression and pretty bad anxiety run in my family, any relation?

what makes me so special

sometimes my neighbor's boyfriend yells at her at night, but it's not that

absolutely terrified

I sleep with a loud fan on and live next to a pretty big road and a decently busy airport, silence is very scarce

Energy lifeforms are attracted to psykers. They want to use you to get into our dimension.

I meant something more like if you had roommates who were trying to fuck with/prank you

one more thing to add, a few years ago I was wrestling with someone on my football team in a hallway after school, this one guy got me in a rear naked sleeper hold for maybe 5 seconds before he let me go but I was limp already, I dropped like ton of bricks and smacked the back of my head on the hard tile floor, couldn't see or stand up properly for maybe 10 seconds but it felt like minutes, it sounded like dozens of people yelling my name far away just like what I hear now when I try to sleep, what's happening to me

how do I let them in, I don't want to leave them out in the cold

I wish it was that simple, also when I was 15 I had something else happen that may somehow be related

paranoid schizophrenia. you're delusional.

I just wanted to see where this guy was going

go into the woods naked and listen

Paranoid schizophrenic here.
You sound kinda like me. For me, though, it's when there's a white noise present (water running, fan blowing, rain, things like that) that I'll suddenly start wondering if I didn't just hear someone call my name from far away.

I'm jarred awake by unpleasant dreams pretty much every night, but the worst thing is when I think I heard someone knock on the door. It could be a car door closing outside, a downstairs neighbor closing a cabinet, a bird hitting the window, or whatever, but I wake up suddenly with that one knock/bang echoing in my head, absolutely terrified that it will turn out to actually be someone banging on my door in the middle of the night. I don't do anything wrong, I don't even smoke weed anymore, so there's no reason for me to be afraid of the maintenance man or a neighbor knocking on my door, but I still get jarred awake with that "OH SHIT, THEY'RE HERE" feeling that you'd get if you were about to get caught doing something that would ruin your life. Totally irrational, but still requires several swallows of wine and a half hour to get calm enough to try and get back to sleep.

It's OK to go crazy every once and a while, if the world really need you it'll call you back.

nevermind, fuck those dudes, im not getting spooked to help some strangers

nobody cares get some selfesteem

I always have a loud fan on when I sleep, is there any sure fire way to know if I actually have schizophrenia or is it a spectrum like autism, like are there concrete tests for it?

Not really sure. I've been diagnosed twice. Once by a high school guidance counselor who with a psychology degree, and a few years later by a final-year student getting her psychiatry degree (psychiatry is the higher of the two, and allowed to prescribe meds). The psychologist said I was Type 2 manic depressive, the psychiatrist said Paranoid Schizophrenic (she even wanted to do a term paper or whatever on me but I wasn't comfortable with being a class discussion topic).
From what I've read on my own, I feel like the schizo diagnosis is a lot more accurate to my experiences than Type 2 manic. Also...high school guidance counselor, so.....yeah.

There's also this educational youtube video that's supposed to simulate a particularly bad psychotic episode for a paranoid schizophrenic, and it seems eerily close to my everyday life.
Google it at your own risk, it's fairly disturbing even for sane people.

Called exploding head syndrome, I got it too. My grandpa always says my name really loud inside my head but quiet at the same time. It gets my attention and I have to try to fall asleep again.

does it get worse with age, I'm pretty young right now, 19, I don't really feel like seeing a psychiatrist if it's only ever going to be like it is now, I'm still afraid of the dark and it feels like there's always something just beyond what I can see whenever I'm somewhere dark, if that's related at all, when I say scared I mean terrified

it doesn't really sound loud when it happens, I've actually researched this on my own and it doesn't seem quite like what I have

Similar thing happens to me OP. What I hear is music though. I live alone in the middle of nowhere so its not other people or something but itsounds like sad music with the singers voice muddled just out of my comprehension. This happens multiple times a week.

I'm not gonna lie, that's scary as fuck

It doesnt scare me anymore. I cant even remember the tune past ten minutes after I hear it. I just want to remember the lyrics and tune long enough to write it down. Maybe its a subconscious think that ill figure out when im ready to handle it.

Hard to say.
Those diagnoses were in 1994 and 1997, respectively. I'm not exactly an open and trusting person, so the idea of dumping a bunch of money to talk to someone who's going to prescribe me drugs that they get a kick-back for and/or are still under testing just....no.
I used to smoke weed to keep me from spazzing out too much. It was better at putting me back to sleep than the wine is, but after so many years it reaches a point where I'd get twitchy just because it had been more than a few hours since I'd smoked, but I couldn't quit because I knew that even normal people become super-irritable when they quit smoking weed, so it took a 10 month lay-off where I was at home with no one to irritate me and no money for weed for me to get off of it. Sad thing is, even though I used to buy the really expensive weed, I'm still spending more on wine every week than I used to spend on weed. At least I don't have to worry about getting arrested, though.

I still go straight into a fight-or-flight panic attack every time someone touches me, and haven't slept a straight eight hours since I quit the weed, but I'm a little more stable now than I was five years ago.

It sounds like you are experiencing a phenomenon known as "hypnic jerk," which is brought on by a hypnagogic hallucination. Try drinking less Mt Dew before you go to bed, retard.

Those are the voices of your dead ancestors saving your life.

You have a rare medical condition that can cause you to die in your sleep. When we sleep our bodies slow down the metabolic processes. Sometimes yours go to far. Several of your ancestors died this way, now they watch over you.

Help. I have EXTREME nightmares every single night. I've had them for years by now. The nightmares are so smart and use really fuckin horrible ways to fuck with me. Like these nightmares will build advanced ways to seriously fuck with my psyche, i feel intense fear in a way that isnt good way to often. Im also extremely socially anxious and i'm pretty much never ever relaxed socially interacting. My mind races i love myself and hate myself, im a god but at the same time im just crazy

>Help
I don't know what help you expect ME to be, I'm a schizo myself.
My dreams are usually either wars or survival situations with wild animals or monsters. About once or twice a week I'll have the start of a normal dream but then someone in the dream becomes irrationally irate and I'm fighting for my life.
Then I wake up in an extremely agitated state and have to wait for my adrenaline to thin out before I can try and sleep again.

do you ever have minor anxiety attacks while trying to sleep, thus hasn't happened to me since I started smoke almost daily a few months ago but every time I tried sleeping when I wasn't tired my mind would wander and I'd start thinking about death and what it could possibly be like after I die, I'm not a believer in any afterlife and the thought of me permanently ending would start me breathing heavy and feeling like my heart was going to explode

every night before i fall asleep i'm visited by lights that i must point at or otherwise acknowledge before they'll go and i can sleep.

a lot of famous inventions purportedly came to the inventors during dreams, dreams can be powerful, try to embrace your dreams and see where they go

do you believe in ayyy lmaos?

It doesn't happen to me every night but hearing something just as you're falling asleep is something that happens to everyone

honestly if this was the case id be pretty happy

Yeah, that's a pretty regular occurrence. I think even sane people get that from time to time, though. It gets to where I have to get up and do something to take my mind off of it or I'll never get to sleep. Usually fucking around on Sup Forums for a little bit, playing a stage or two of a video game, watching some music videos, things like that. The alcohol doesn't help much in that particular situation.

Here's my belief on death, though:
2.4 billion years of life on earth, and the death rate is still 100%. It doesn't matter if I'm okay with it or not, it's GOING to happen.
There are two options, then:
Spend my life worrying about the fact that I'm going to die and make myself miserable the entire time.
OR
Ignore the fuck out of it and enjoy the life I have while I have it.

not really, I think the universe is infinite enough that they probably exist somewhere but we'll never cross paths with them before humanity ends. I don't know what the lights are but it scares my wife when i start pointing at the wall.

I understand that, it's just the same thing for me almost every night

MDfag here.

They're called hypogogic hallucinations or something like that. They're normal. I'm not sure why it happens every night for you though. New meds, maybe? Stressful period in your life?

Definitely not "schizophrenia" as people are posting

Not crazy, I get that too occasionally but just one person screaming (usually similar to my mother's voice). Did some therapy, learned to relax, mostly good now

i get this sometimes

No, they are yelling "faggot", and you know you are

its sleep paralysis.

the sound you hear is actually an internal noise such as the sound of your heartbeat in the blood vessel that lies very close to your ear drum.

that sound is interpreted by your brain as a voice or some other sound than what it actually is due to your brain trying to invent an explanation for why you cant move (visually, this could be something sitting on your chest etc).

sleep on your side, not your back, and you wont experience any forms of sleep paralysis.