Which sport requires more skill?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y-pLiue8kno
youtube.com/watch?v=-6RNjOVylos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

men's sports

Boxing. Because the tools you have available are more limited in boxing those tools get developed to a MUCH higher degree.
Keep in mind elite boxers start boxing very young therefore they have much more time to master their sport. You will always need more skill to reach the top in boxing.
MMA fighters always talk about their combat "backgound" when they start mma. They are essentially admitting they are not really high level at all or even most of the tools used in mma just the area they have a background in.
You can start mma training at 25 and by 29 be an elite fighter at the pinnacle of the sport. In boxing this is near impossible.

trolling on Sup Forums
i train it 24/7
dropped out of college cause it
All according to keku

Getting dubs

MMA = Good at different aspects, masters of nothing
Boxing= Masters of their craft

Boxing takes years of unbelievable dedication to become Good and theres still a chance you could suck.
MMA is bringing in CM Punk without a single amateur fight....so...theres that.
Im not saying I dont respect MMA, I think they are incredible athletes, but personally I find a master boxer to be incredible to watch.

You need to develop a lot of things at a high level in MMA, you know because it's basically every aspect of fighting put into one

>they are essentially admitting they are not really high level at all
What does this even mean? There have been countless Olympians, champion practitioners in various disciplines that have done MMA

The reason why that's not even a prerequisite because each of those sports have to be adjusted for the fact there are other variables to deal with, the way you box in boxing is not the way you would "box" in MMA

>you can start mma training at 25 and 29 and be an elite fighter

Yes, because this happens literally all the time, not a single person ever has something to work from and ever puts the work in to actually train at an elite level, they are literally just average joes like you and me

What does CM Punk going into MMA have anything to do with the difficulty? He's literally there for monetary purposes and basically nothing else, and he's basically been training for two years that has led up for a 20 year old guy who's had less than 5 fights under his belt total to fight him

Brock Lesnar was and is a mediocre pro wrestler and he wrecked shit in MMA

He was literally a multi-time national champion wrestler with insane athleticism

>wrecked shit
Not really, he was good, but that's it, he got his shit stomped in in his last two fights

>mediocre pro wrestler
Lol wtf does that even mean

he was a bad ass pro wrestler did a fucking 580 moonsault and almost broke his neck and yet still kept doing the match
plus his matches against rey mysterio and angle were legendary

Also made it to final cuts in the NFL jumping almost immediately from the WWE and recovering from a bike crash

It has everything to do with difficulty. Im saying an ex WWE wrestler with no amateur background is going into the pro's....That's ridiculous. Even Brock had some pre UFC fights. That would NEVER happen in boxing no matter how big the star power.

It is but again it's for money, he's not a serious competitor nor ever will be. You're really comparing apples and bananas

Kimbo Slice technically is 7-0 in pro boxing anyways

Mark Hunt is a legitimate contender in MMA. That should answer all your inquiries as to which is the more skilled sport.

What's wrong with mark hunt? he beat up your boy?

If MMA required much less skill than boxing, you would see more boxers make the switch into MMA. The main components of MMA are ground fighting (usually BJJ), boxing/kickboxing, and wrestling. Leg techniques are extremely effective and powerful and are worth training. I think you would see more skillful boxers in MMA except for the fact the sport is still relatively new on the global/national scene. There are boxing gyms all over the place that have been around 50 years, not so much with MMA. In other words the skill level of boxing is supported by the history and establishment of the sport.

In reality the question isn't really properly phrased. I don't think any fighter would really care about the question of which is more skillful. It's really much more a question of what is more effective at defeating and killing the opponent. Elite level boxers have extremely high skill levels that are rarely reproduced in MMA. But the high skill level conceals a lot of weaknesses, like inability to improvise with the rest of the body. If a boxer is more skilled with their hands but also much less skilled with the rest of their body, then their overall skill levels stays the same. Combat sports need to move away from isolated skill sets because of this problem; they are ultimately artificial and unrealistic, and the evaluation of skill becomes muddled and ambiguous, because good technique hides inferior elements, and vice versa.

There is no separate boxing technique and MMA technique; there is only fighting technique. A MMA champion will not duck as well, roll as well, jab as well, have as good footwork, connect more cleanly, all these things compared to a boxer, but the day will come when the cultures catch up and things change.

He's an overweight bouncer

This. also, hunt vs lesnar will be a nice jap style freak show fight in the "sport" of mma.

he isn't overweight he's keto
and ever been kicked out of a bar? or been to a bar bouncers will fuck you up

>underrated post

I'm a fan of Hunt but skill-less tough guys like him never make it in boxing, they get knocked out quick and return to their day jobs. They can only thrive in meme sports like MMA and K-1.

Top level kickboxer with an iron chin and one punch power whose developed some solid takedown D

If anything it just shows the difficulty in training for MMA, there are so many styles and variables you have to deal with, you can be phenonemal in jiu jitsu and decent in grappling with decent standup but if you have trouble taking Mark Hunt down then you're in for a short night

Stunning revelation, I'd like to hear your thoughts on how a wrestler would do in karate tournaments too

Boxers in "meme sports" would get knocked out quick and return to their actual meme sport if they regularly took up MMA

>If MMA required much less skill than boxing, you would see more boxers make the switch into MMA.
You do, they just train other disciplines and become MMA fighters. The boxers that are actually good and talented stick with boxing and make bank compared to the peanuts Dana throws to his fighters.

Fighters that know they A) don't stand a chance or B) don't want to work as hard opt for MMA/kickboxing over boxing.

THIS.
Remember the LEGENDARY K-1 fight between Hunt and Ray Sefo? Wow such great chins fan boys said.
youtube.com/watch?v=y-pLiue8kno

Heres what happened when Sefo tried his luck in boxing. Vs a bum btw, LOL.
youtube.com/watch?v=-6RNjOVylos

>dont want to work as hard

Lol, even Ray Mercer said the training in boxing was a cakewalk compared to MMA

Ufc is for failed wrestlers, have you not seen Foxcatcher?

Do you know Ray? Do you call him at home?

James Toney vs Randy Couture

No shit, he was on an MMA talk show and being paid for that soundbite.

Randy Fashion lol

that sounds like a gay pro wrestler

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to a guy who trained boxing and MMA for a living and knew the intricacies and difficulties of training each

After all you're an inshape very tough man, not a fat little boy at all

Ray Mercer vs Tim Sylvia

Kimbo Slice vs Ray Mercer

Did you just get triggered? Dude, it's ok if you don't know Ray, if you don't call him at home. Why you so upset? Do you love Ray? Does he not sext you back?

Jose Canseco vs Hong Man Choi

Gay wrestling? Isn't that just mma?

Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000

Akebono vs Genki Sudo

I'm not exactly what your point is at this point. You just seem upset at the fact that you said something verifiably stupid and got BTFO because of it

Also you seem very insecure about your weight lol

rate thread, get in here

Antonio Inoki vs Muhammad Ali

I'm not making a point, that's what shitposting is, new friend. And I wouldn't consider that BTFO, but then again, you like mma, so I can't expect much from your limited mental capacity.

>I watch giant unusually glistening shirtless black man clinch and hug each other repeatedly

>this is somehow a heteronormative behavior

got heem

>I-I-I'm only pretending to b-be retarded!!!

>I'm not BTFO I swear!!!!

>you're a fucking retard!!!!!

lmao

>greentext means I won!
>It doesnt matter if he doesn't care or not, I won!

You do realise that you got rustled enough to respond, you gave me a few (you)s, that's all I wanted. That's it. Makes me warm and fuzzy knowing you went to all that trouble.

Dream match-up for Lellator 200

I never said wrestling isn't already gay to begin with, just that mma is way gayer. Look at the female side of mma, would you want to put it into any of those things? Nah, and they wouldn't want it anyways, they have all that muscle to get the most out of scizzoring.

>he literally gets mad at green words

lmao

And now you're trying to run away because you got BTFO so badly

Take the L, kiddo

Not an expert by any means, but I've always seen boxing as the most perfected fighting system. The few MMA fights I've seen have had lots of mistakes and the technique of most of their strikes seems unpolished. Boxing I feel is a lot tighter and you usually see people that are smarter fighters and have better technique than in MMA.

That said, take it with a pinch of salt. Maybe it's just a matter of aesthetics.

>Manny, I.....

I posted that cause I thought they fought, but I mistook that fat fuck for another fat fuck
>Akebono fought Royce Gracie
kek

>but I've always seen boxing as the most perfected fighting system

Until someone gets their hands on you, or just a leg to the head

>lots of mistakes and the technique seems unpolished

That's because you're comparing boxing boxing to boxing in MMA

The more you respond, the more amusing it is.

I don't need to take the L when you keep coming back to hand me the W.

Why go to /hm/? It's all right here.

Remember that time you got BTFO?

I do, lol

>Sudo's walkout to that fight where he was dressed up as a baseball player and did the robot with a bunch of Japanese schoolgirls

UFC really needs to step their game up desu

Another W, thanks. Toss me another (you), bb.

Lmao, at this point I think you like gettin BTFO so you just come back for more, bud

It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy where you BTFO yourself and don't even realize it

One shitpost. ONE. I've never gotten someone so upset over one shitpost before. I think I've peaked. Keep them (You)s coming.

Lmao, you're alright, bud, it's a shame you get BTFO with each and every post though lol, I wish I could stop you from doing it

Keep. Them. Coming.

Bud you're the only one BTFO yourself at this point, lmao

This is that self-fulfilling thing I was talking about lol

Crackhouse logic.

Going to bed, goodnight upset prince.

Remember that time you got BTFO by TWO people, including YOURSELF?

I do, lol

>running away

Lol

Ugh, not the same guy, but you can't declare someone BTFO'D when it's just you trying to BTFO someone lol also, let the thread die.

>samefagging this hard
>Oh no not me!
Yeah, with that post time deference.

Lmao, you're back to get BTFO again and pretending to be someone else, bud

You literally can't stop BTFO yourself even when you run from it lmao

Bud, you just got BTFO by THREE different people now

Lmao, I think it's time for you to actually go to bed before you get BTFO again, bud, but you'll still come back for more, I guarantee it, bud

Do you actually think someone would put that much effort into winning an argument on the internet?
>Sup Forums
Nevermind.

Kickboxing

Three different people BTFO'D that guy? Too bad they all used the word "bud" and gave you away.

This is that self-fulfilling thing I was talking about where you keep coming back to get BTFO again and again

Lmao you're weird, bud

Thought this thread was done, then I see that some upset mma fan can't stop crying.

>that guy

Lmao, you've BTFO yourself so hard that you've disassociated yourself FROM yourself

You literally love getting BTFO so much that you created a dual personality just so you can get BTFO again

Remember that time you got BTFO by three different people?

Literally everyone here does lol

Wow thought people would be talking about the two sports but seems like it's just some dude arguing with himself.

Remember that time you got BTFO by three different people

Literally everyone here does lmao

I just got here lmao.
Brock Lesnar looked like a goober in that new commercial, anyone see it?

gv

Good vibes? I don't think anyone is in this thread to give good vibes to.

Tennis, obviously. Only correct answer ITT.

/thread

>no floyd its beat your opponent and hug your wife

its way harder to be a nigger than a woman.

topkek

/thread