Youtube.com/watch?v=NFQ4nuUuwNo

youtube.com/watch?v=NFQ4nuUuwNo

What do /mu user's think about this song

fucking terrible

y?

favorite RHP song

Their best

it's their most famous dipsit

The best song about heartbreak ever written.

will always remind me of katie, who I was with for 5 years

I like it a lot. Not my fav RHP song, but it's up there.

>tfw aaaah-ra-da-ba, ra-da-ba, ra-da-ba-ah, ra-da-ba-baaaaa

>tfw katy died of cancer

is it really. It always felt lackluster, for all the hype it gets. Or was that the point...

Callingit lackluster is a weird opinion but yeah the point of the song is the meditative tranquility of the swirling guitars and Kozelek's poetry, it's just a really beautiful song man.

how do you know that

The album April is about her death.

it sounds like any other slow indie song on the surface. And then a 4 minute repetition of the same thing. OR, is that the whole point? Is what I was saying....

>slow indie song
Honestly, you're way off. Kozelek's guitar work in those days combined a classic rock sensibility (think a slowed down Big Star or even Led Zeppelin) with the typical sparse, reverbe-heavy dream-pop aesthetic that 4AD pioneered. It's a rock album by dudes that are too sad to play uptempo numbers. The "repetition" at the end is actually full of change and improvisation, it's just the rhythm-section that stays constant. Seriously, try to listen to Rollercoaster with an open mind and don't try to compare it to most of the Indie Rock cliches that might float around in your head. Mark Kozelek is the real deal, and most of his songs aren't about self-pity at all. Listen to Down Through for example, there's real catharsis and honesty in there.

not their best or even the best on that album but its a nice song

ITT: 16 year olds that discovered RHP yesterday

Yeah, "dream pop". It sounds exactly like a lot of that echoey dream pop, but with something extra going on underneath. The epic length for one, and the non four chord structure, and slightly drawn out non-tight time. He's the real deal then!

>its an user discovers RHP for the first time and doesn't know what slowcore is

Just go back and listen to benji if you dont like it faggot

>slowcore
Perpetuating meaningless and embarrassing genre names is the most embarrassing fucking thing,

Except its a real genre. As I said learn what slowcore is you entry level faggot. Just go back to pitchfork already.

I could link you information about the legitimacy of slowcore but really, just do a google search, all the information is there

oh and its not meaningless, it was a legitimate scene and its music had clear characteristics

Are you making fun of me?

You're a fucking spastic. If I were to use a term like "slowcore" when discussing RHP/Codeine/Bedhead irl, I'd be (rightfully) laughed at. Learn to articulate, and try leaving the fucking house some time, you absolute fucking toilet.
I'm not refuting the legitimacy/existence of the term in itself. And there certainly wasn't a "scene". See above.

>I'd be (rightfully) laughed at.
why are you so fucking insecure m8?
You know you can talk to people and educate them on the correct term right?
grow up please

Well I wouldn't care that you would laugh at me as I am right and if you asked any anyone worth any merit as a music listener they would say the same

>"Heh its not slowcore that sounds silly g-go outside to or e-else i'll laugh at you"

You clearly haven't listened to much slowcore, i was around during its birth and in and among the scene while you were shitting in your diapers dont try and school me on slowcore when you have probably never even been to a slowcore concert or listened to over 10 slowcore albums

Not that guy but Mark Kozelek would have punched you if you called him slowcore in 1992. Watch interviews, he's kind of delusional about playing heavy rock or something and says he doesn't want "losers" to listen to his music while avoiding eyecontact for 10 minutes.

>You clearly haven't listened to much slowcore, i was around during its birth and in and among the scene while you were shitting in your diapers dont try and school me on slowcore when you have probably never even been to a slowcore concert or listened to over 10 slowcore albums
This is the worst thing I have ever read
You listen to music for the wrong reasons.

>You listen to music for the wrong reasons.
there is no right or wrong reason to enjoy art.
Are you a high school dropout by chance?

This is the second time you've projected in this manner. But yes, to reiterate:
You listen to music for wrong reasons.

Mark is pretty delusional about it all, so is low. None of the pioneering bands really understood what they were doing or what people liked about them.

Low started making average songs because they wanted better songs to play live and as a result ruined everything their fans liked about them

i'm a high school drop out and I know there is no right or wrong way to enjoy or interpret art.

Your level of formal education doesn't change your understanding of art, a lot of education is up to the individual, especially in art

>You listen to music for wrong reasons.
And im sure you're gonna explain whats the right reason
sick of you trolls fucking up this board.

If i could block people on Sup Forums i'd block you.

Good song for drinking yourself near death.

His magnum opus.

I'm sort of glad Sup Forums doesn't talk about him as much as when Benji dropped but this thread is AIDS.
>genre classifications should go away because I don't like them