youtu.be/03yRaxMPlpI
youtube.com/watch?v=IGHuAVL5n_8
youtube.com/watch?v=wIODI4OzpGo
youtube.com/watch?v=uto2YXdusOM
youtube.com/watch?v=tMSTnY_3_qA
youtube.com/watch?v=ivibsVx1VMw
youtube.com/watch?v=JduKY_m77yA
drowningthelight.bandcamp.com/album/tenth-region-of-the-night
invisibleoranges.com/forgotten-spell-epiphaneia-phosphorus-angel-god-or-insanity-full-album-premiere/
soundcloud.com/thethroat/keel084-vestibulum-vacuui-verslagen-door-de-cirkel-des-ongewis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for nsbm

#BlackMetalMatters

Best Burzum-worship?

Feeling sad bros
youtu.be/lHTJsA6UjGc

check out pic related, great burzum clone

>Two blankets draped across my body
>"Soft blanket" scented yankee candle lit
>Drinking hot cocoa
>Listening to Master's Hammer
>About to settle in for a long Daggerfall session
>Not even high tonight
This is maximum comfy.

yo

master's hammer equals maximum respect

Is Mgla /nbbmn/ approved?

that is up to you and only you.

Help me get through this cold, dark winter my friends, my concubine, my overlord.

This is going to sound pretentious as fuck, but I find that I prefer black metal over getting high. I'm happiest when I'm just listening to some good bm completely sober and comfy in my room.

Anyways, that sounds really nice and I hope you have a comfy night.
Mgla is black metal so ya. But most people here have conflicting opinions about them. Personally I find them overrated, but I don't hate or love them to the passionate degree that others do.

DSBM recs?

Wow 77 what a sham. Should have waited 11 more posts dude.

No one cares about your life. Go away.

Does this band count?

you really should be listening to only this on repeat 2bh flam

"no"

listen to unchain the wolves instead

Xasthur - To Violate the Oblivious
Silencer - Death, Pierce Me
Trist - Zrcadlení melancholie
Lurker of Chalice - s/t album

All essentials if that's what you're looking for.

>tfw depression its getting big lately
>dsbm itsnt helping

Cool. The only reason I ask is because this seems to sound a bit different than the black metal I'm used to, ie Darkthrone and Immortal. I like Venom a lot better but I understand that there's been some dispute on them actually being Black Metal, even if they started the whole thing. How about this? Does this count?

Holy shit so much of Graveland's discography sounds the fucking same

I love it

Cheers lad.

DSBM doesn't really help with depression, it only gives of some sort of catharsis and comfort. Usually when I'm really depressed I don't want to listen to anything, but DSBM kinda fills the void better than silence. I was listening to Xasthur a lot when it got really bad.
What's your favorite Graveland album? I'm in love with Immortal Pride recently.
No problem, hope you enjoy them.

some people disagree but i wouldnt say it counts

>What's your favorite Graveland album?
Either Immortal Pride or Following the Voice of Blood so far. Not so sure yet.
I've been going through their entire discography for the first time

how'd i do

>INRI is a 5

IF YOU'RE A FALSE DON'T ENTRY

rateyourmusic.com/~Vkst
>satanael - fire of satan
>1.0

with a rating scale like that some people just deserve to be bullied

kind of like you. get you're own fucking tastes instead of following the trendy route you idiot. get out.

inri is no five but its not amazing either

It really is an incredible discography. Even his later albums are pretty good. Will Stronger Than Death is one of my favorite newer albums from him.
With Windir only getting a 7 and Burzum getting only an 8 compared to other albums, it kinda upset me. But it's your opinion and you got trips so not bad. Which one is your favorite out of all of them?

It was boring thrash metal shit what can I say

Do you really think it deserves more than a 5? a 5 is generous

BECAUSE YOU'LL BE BURNED AND DIED

i agree, dead as dreams is H/10

KILLING ALL FALSES BASTARDS

What are you listening to right now? Are you enjoying it?

>Osculum Infame - Dor Nu Fauglith
>First time listening but I really love it so far. Can't rate it yet.

>you idiot. get out.
ha
>Which one is your favorite out of all of them?
Hard to say, the ones that are 8s I generally would say that I like equally, but I think Bergtatt is my favorite one that I didn't give a 10. I gave it an 8+ because sometimes I like it more than other times.
ha it's a "7+"

Satan's Fall is quite black metal, and has a few riffs that could easily be on a newer bm track. Although I personally tag it as just heavy metal, early MF is as significant a part of black metal history as anything. "Black metal" during the 80s supposedly meant anything with satanic lyrics, but it's a tough distinction to include Venom or the first Destruction EP but not say, Slayer.

yes, Wigrid's whole discobraphy is top shelf

Leviathan - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life
Xasthur - Defective Epitaph
Anti - The Insignificance of Life

>listen to Xasthur while depressed for 2 yrs
>found purpose in life
>no more depress, just productive
>what do i do with all these songs i know?
>teach myself to play xasthur songs w/ guitar
>????
>prophet

>tfw you listen to a long forgotten favourite for the first time in years

Is there a better feel?

That's a great feel. Which album? I started the month off with this EP after not listening to it since last November and it was incredible.

Ah shit that's the only summoning release I haven't heard in a long time too. I'll have to get on it. Anyway it was this youtu.be/03yRaxMPlpI earlier post reminded me

What are some black metal bands that went through major sound changes? I'm familiar with Ulver's quick transition from folk metal/black metal to experimental rock and electronic music, and Bathory's shift from thrash metal/black metal to folk and viking metal, but what are some others?

By the album cover alone I'm imagining 'Wanderings' with very jarring unexpected dsbm vocals. How apt is this

youtube.com/watch?v=IGHuAVL5n_8

Yeah watching Bob Larson. Way better than shitty black metal tapes.
youtube.com/watch?v=wIODI4OzpGo

absurd
darkthrone
urfaust kinda

why haven't you listened to the new hesychast yet? black metal AOTY and it's actually truly orthodox black metal

Burzum went from raw BM to atmospheric BM to Runescape soundtracks within albums.

this album rules

Wanderings is incredible. One of my favorite album covers as well. Shame they changed it on the cassette reissue.

I pretty much agree with this. though your rating for the Ulver album is too high imo

so orthodox "white metal" or orthodox "unblack" metal? idc what it's categorized as, I'm checking this out

needed a break from drowning the light
yes

it gets tiring, should be shorter

The CD cover has always been the definitive, to me. Any of the other versions would hardly catch my eye in a record shop.

idk if there's a difference between white metal and unblack metal

either way hesychast seems to be actually russian orthodox and the lyrics to the last song are quotes from the liturgy / morning prayers so yeah

Gave this a cheeky listen earlier today. King Diamond can howl. But its def not bm.

> Ars Moriendi - Sepelitur Alleluia
> 4/5, saw it mentioned here.

I really need to listen to this album. I don't know why I've been putting it off for so long. What's your favorite Drowning the Light album?

ayyy, glad you liked that m8

Probably a top 10 bm album for me this year, if only barely.

This is cute. The feeling it gives me reminds me of Caladan Brood. Really light and bright.

how could you ever need a break from blink 182 covers? blink was literally a perfect band.

youtube.com/watch?v=uto2YXdusOM

probably tenth region of the night, it made me listen to most of his stuff to find something as dungeon synthy, which the masters empire has done for me so far
other than that probably an alignment of dead stars or a world long dead
well ok

Idk, its a nice break from the 2nd wave and other stuff I've listened to so far. It's surprising, not as crushing or depressing as I've come to expect, but very well written imo.

This is kinda good, desu.

Samples were meh but I'm gonna give it a shot. Any other good BM with Russian/Orthodox vibes?

and thats how you earn a filter

last track uses chant in a p good way

of course you could listen to the meme album:
batushka - litourgiya
and watch videos of them awkwardly making fools of themselves dressed like orthodox schemamonks live on youtube

no problem.

of course it is. blink 182 was a perfect band so of course when azgorh covered adam's song it was bound to be a classic.

>he thinks filters can stop me
>he doesn't love blink 182

Let me guess, you also think Mgla is a good band. Haha. Your life is a joke.

I knew about Batushka, but didn't know about the cringe vids. Awesome.

Any recs for bands/albums that use a lot of chant? No problem with "white" metal

lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=tMSTnY_3_qA

Anyone got a good dl link for this?

The guy with it on slsk right now has it locked.

I don't see anything wrong with this

It's free on bandcamp

It's free on their bandcamp.

well to be fair, I say top 10 mostly because this has been a pretty shitty year for black metal (though I haven't gotten to the new urfaust or deathspell album yet). It's like squarely number 10, and it's an 8/10 imo.

Continuing: What's everybody up to right now? Listening to? Eating/drinking? Watching? How are you doing overall?
>Listening to some Leviathan, getting through my considered albums to keep
>About to start some study for my last two exams
>Doing well, stressed and confused but good and relieved school is almost over
>Haven't eaten today yet
>Getting ready for a art interview at an academy
Overall 7/10

>because this has been a pretty shitty year for black metal
Way to show how little you listen to black metal. 2016 has been great, you trendy.

>Spent the whole day playing ArmA
>head hurts
>Just relaxing and listening to
Could be worse.

What do you niggas think of the new Baptism

i dont really know that we need this post twice in one hour but im still listening to old mornings dawn

what did u call me

It's been an amazing year for metal, just not black metal imo, and that's coming from someone who has listened to like well over 100 2016 black metal albums.

>Listening to Arckanum while wrapped in a blanket
>dropped out of uni due to anxiety and laziness 2bh
>too anxious to leave my house and do something with my life
>posting on /nbbmn/ is probably the highlight of my day

I have no friends and I'm to stressed out to message the only person who I could possibly see since I don't want to bother them. I also barely sleep, since the only time I'm able to function without panicking is around 11pm-4am. The nighttime is so peaceful.

7/10 since it's comfy hours

I should be alseep right now, but I'm listening to Werwolf tapes and watching Bob Larson while I drink a shit ton of soda. Life is awful, and I don't care.

That album was okay, I guess. Could have been way more interesting, but the riffs were solid enough for a few listens.

What are you even listening to? I have a shit ton of 2016 tapes sitting on my desk right now that blow almost everything from 2015 out of the water. Mons Veneris alone has killed it this year with every single tape.

that's cause you're not orthodox

they're dressed up like the most rare and old kind of monks... except the crosses are inverted and the faces are erased from all the icons?

basically it looks like someone went into an orthodox church and fucked it up just a bit. they steal the aesthetic without even inverting it in any way (like the anticatholic black metal bands did), just adding tiny "fuck you"s.

it's like, come on. if you like orthodox aesthetics that much just be an orthodox band. if you think orthodoxy is evil don't sit in the middle and play it (almost) straight

>someone who has listened to like well over 100 2016 black metal albums

What's your top 10?

Fair enough, I'll take any recs. Enid's Demo 97' was another album I enjoyed today.

Favorite albums this year?

To be fair, Orthodox Monks are kvlt as fuck.

as someone who has lived with orthodox monks for a few weeks i can attest. they're really dark, always talking about fighting with demons and how the world needs to be destroyed

but they're by far the happiest people i've ever met

Can you post a list of good 2016 releases? I am missing so much this year.

see:
to start

It's probably dumb to praise any sort of Christianity in a black metal thread, but all the Orthodox priests I've met have been really cool some even pretty normal people (I guess being able to marry helps). Hilandar (Serbian Orthodox church in Greece) was one of the coolest places I've ever been to.

This is a good album from this year, even if its not strictly black metal.

fucking damn it

lth

reminder that varg is /ourguy/ and oystein is a commie faggot

Off the top of my head from this year in no order my top 5 is probably:
Mons Veneris - Swirl of the Sinister Shadows
youtube.com/watch?v=ivibsVx1VMw

Ahpdegma - Seolfkwyllen
youtube.com/watch?v=JduKY_m77yA

Drowning the Light - Tenth Region of the Night
drowningthelight.bandcamp.com/album/tenth-region-of-the-night

Forgotten Spell - Epiphaneia Phosphorus (Angel, God or Insanity)
invisibleoranges.com/forgotten-spell-epiphaneia-phosphorus-angel-god-or-insanity-full-album-premiere/

Vestibulum Vacuüi - Verstikking
soundcloud.com/thethroat/keel084-vestibulum-vacuui-verslagen-door-de-cirkel-des-ongewis

That was completely off the top of my head though. I might disagree with this if I sat down and thought about it more, but these are all famtastic.

i never went to hilandar but i've spent a bunch of time at other monasteries on athos in greece (i'm )

the monasteries are really amazing, feels like another world

i am actually thinking about being an orthodox priest and getting married first is the only thing stopping me, i think

part of that problem is that i would need to marry someone who's okay with being the wife of a priest...

These are just blackie hang out threads imo, fuck /meal/.
Nice Hitler dubs btw.

wdhmbt