VPN help

VPN help
If I use this will I ever get caught torrenting? I already have 5 strikes on Verizon.

no

thanks m8

I want a VPN >:L Give me!

its ok
buy one its cheap

Great question, I also wanna torrent but not 100% sure for VPN. In the case of downloading just movies/games/software was wondering if any VPN service will do or if any particular one works.

How much?

just don't screw up and run the torrent while the vpn isn't connected

The idea is, if you get "caught", they can only complain to your VPN provider, who will hopefully tell them to fuck off, or at worst suspend your VPN account in a way that you can undo easily, in either case leavuing your identity hidden and your internet access intact. Running torrents over a proxy is shit though. Get a seedbox instead if you really torrent that much shit.

>seedbox
Interesting, sorry I'm a total fucking n00b that's been here since this summer. Please expound por favor?

what makes a vpn shit

the one OP posted is the best
i use it

for torrenting?

The slowness of the proxy connection. Better to just run the torrent client on the remote server, and download from it what you torrented once via a fast direct connection. AKA, a fuckin seedbox.

yea
i use it and qb and shit runs fast
havent had a problem

Verizon cares enough?

what seedbox do you use

yea they shut down my connection twice and made me sit through a copyright claim video

since im retarded ill just ask. all i have to do is buy it, download it, and im good to go?

>buy
Don't buy software.

i bought PIA and they send you an installer and thats about it

wtf are you on about

well i have to pay for PIA to get it so...

sounds good. thanks m8

you have to turn pia on and off whether you want to post on this shit hole but that goes for any vpn
its kind of annoying at times but all the freeshit that you get to download plus the other shit you probably dont want to get logged on your ip adress is worth not being able to easily post on this chinese shoebox exchange organization

this is poetry



Threaten to switch ISPs if they give you another strike. Worked great for AT&T Uverse. Gave me free 3 month speed boost so I don't switch and said that I won't have to worry about it again. Just tell them someone else got into your network and torrented.

Or you could use a VPN in a VM, and do regular shit on an open connection in the host OS

nah im good, im not going to read how to do that just for a minor inconvenience
this site is the only thing affected negatively by my vpn

Fair point. It's not for everyone. I like being able to torrent shit and game normally without tripping authenticators/making it look like I account share when I suddenly reconnect from across the world later the same day.

see now i understand why you went through whatever trouble to do that
i dont do much on my laptop to be honest
i just dl movies and tv shows
i visit a few sites regularly
thats about it so its really no big deal that i have to connect and disconnect if i just want to post one reply in a single thread

I use that company and prog, its cheap, works, I connect to netherlands, torrent the shit out of top 40 hollywood stuff. no issues with comcast. The advantage of PIA is that you can get a fast speed and many connetions, perfect for torrents

If you're using Comcast OP, I recently found out that the way they do those copyright strikes is through Bandwidth and monitoring usage. Just don't download the most popular results and be smart or stream your media

>If you're using Comcast

well along with a lot of other advantages
like you can pay with bitcoin to make yourself even more anonymous
and no logs
and speed and varity of connections like you mentioned

pic related

oh yea PIA is cheap too

Have this VPN, torrent all the time. They have never said anything in these last 2 years. I get a little over 1 mb/s on most torrents on good days

What fucking good is LiquidVPN? lol