Why does everyone here keep circlejerking about the same artists year after year?

why does everyone here keep circlejerking about the same artists year after year?

don't you guys listen to lesser known/local stuff? maybe go down the rabbit hole on a particular subgenre you enjoy? why's it always about critically acclaimed classics and making sure everybody knows how knowledgeable you are of them? is it a fear of being accepted by your peers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qdPaNJ35CZo
youtube.com/watch?v=f7buxWtIPDM
youtube.com/watch?v=vxCAjEbQjiY
youtube.com/watch?v=hu1IOuPxZu4
youtube.com/watch?v=RBvLHdelTa4
youtube.com/watch?v=7b_G5d2qsZA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why is anthony fantano so prevalent around here? he's a good critic, I agree with him often but is he like fulfilling the role of your older brother or something?

why are there memes of this man? is he really that important that he's got to occupy so much of your thoughts?

I think Sup Forums is mostly kids who are just getting into "good" music, but their only exposure to it is through music critics. I like to think as they find their niches and explore new things, they usually also outgrow the board, and Sup Forums. The people who stick around are simply retarded.

this

yeah, it's just weird isn't it? that there isn't an effort to grow the board or move it forward or deeper or whatever

it's like a summer camp where the younger kids learn the ropes and eventually become the camp counselors, but where do the old counselors go? there really aren't that many interesting music forums out there, so is it something that just gets phased out of their lives?

1. cross record - wabi sabi
youtube.com/watch?v=qdPaNJ35CZo
2. street sects - end position
youtube.com/watch?v=f7buxWtIPDM
3. carrie rodriguez - lola
youtube.com/watch?v=vxCAjEbQjiY
4. shearwater - jet plane and oxbow
youtube.com/watch?v=hu1IOuPxZu4
5. randy rogers - neon
6. the sword - low country
7. taylor and the wild now - tides
youtube.com/watch?v=RBvLHdelTa4
8. widower - unholy oath/safehouse
youtube.com/watch?v=7b_G5d2qsZA
9. jad and david fair - shake cackle and squall

You all have the power to make this place the type of board you want it to be. Comment on good threads, make your own threads about bands you think are cool and etc.

The worst content on Sup Forums is people bitching about Sup Forums.

which is what you're doing

My city's local acts consist of metal and surf punk bands. I'm good listening to post-hardcore a while longer.

people learn to form their own tastes and then they... do that...
why do you need a forum for liking music?

presumably you discover music you like however that might be (shows, friend reccs, blogs, radio, music labels) and then you make friends with people into similar things
you discuss music and share amongst yourselves
in real life

that's pretty much how it goes for me

I just come here to pass the time before bed and occasionally post in a more niche thread

I think the worst content is definitely the memes

it's ok to be critical of something because you want it to be better. I never see posts like this so I made one

As one of those retards, I completely agree and have felt this way for years.

you get a what.cd invite and obsessively keep your ratio balanced, never to discuss music again. it is the way of things.

I'm not sure I understand your point. I'm supposed to find people in person to do what the internet facilitates on a global scale without restriction?

sodapopfrankie.bandcamp.com

Hell Yep

internet's a great resource, an amazing resource, but don't think for a moment it's your friend. Lurk more, there's good obscure stuff all over this place.

Yeah but they's bitching constructively

cool yes you post more

it's a local group. dig the scene as much as you can, don't get caught up, though.

Because he browses this shit hole

basically this The internet is a great tool, but wouldn't you rather have real people friends to go to shows with or listen to music with while you're hanging out?

I do but if this boards top thread right now isn't kpop or some mid 20s circle jerking about blink-182 then I'll shoot myself in the dick.

>Sup Forums is mostly kids who are just getting into "good" music

don't think it, that's literally all this is.