1. Your country

1. Your country
2. What is the quintessential work of literature of your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth_and_Justice
twitter.com/AnonBabble

leaves of grass whitman

Lord of the ring

One hundred years of solitude - Cien años de soledad

lord of the rings

Herman Melville
moby the dick
>Call me Ishmael

Pippi Långstrump

Pedro Páramo
Laberinto de la Soledad

The Tragedy of Man by Imre Madách

Either Mark Twain or Great Gatsby. Moby Dick is highly overrated and drawn out tbqh

My bum is psycho

The Catch in the Rye and Moby dick are the most influential works of Anglo literature as far as I'm concerned, I could be wrong but several people think like that

"Dead men", by Jalil Mehmedkuluzadeh.

If we take whole anglo literature, most influental work is "Paradise Lost".

El Quijote.

I consider English a barbarian language, but I enjoyed a lot with Blood Meridian.

>I consider English a barbarian language

Why do they say such things? ;_;

This is the last time you laugh at me. I'm talking fucking serious, I have a cousin who works in a computer store and can locate you by IP.

1.Flag
2.Probably anything by Shakespeare - Romeo and Juliet maybe?

>not Beowulf or Canterbury Tales

La divina Commedia

Pan Tadeusz
But it is
Literature in this language feel like shit
French is much better for it

Sweden
The Emigrants

Really shows how cucked we are by america

>In the winter of 1849, on the day of the christening of their youngest child, Harald, Kristina is preparing a large bowl of barley porridge. Their eldest child, four-year-old Anna, determined to have some even after being told she cannot, goes into the cellar where it is left to cool and helps herself to a very large amount of it, so much that she falls terribly ill from it. Karl-Oskar and Kristina send for Beata, a healing woman from Idemo, who upon seeing Anna tells them that after consuming so much porridge, Anna's stomach had burst. The child lingers in agony through the night before dying early the following morning, after which Kristina agrees for them to make the journey to America.
wtf

The hobbit

kys nerd

Divine Comedy by Dante

Macunaíma

Aside from basically everything from Astrid Lindren, Selma Lagerlöf and Vilhelm Moberg, the seminal classics include The Long Ships, Aniara, Kallocain, the City novels, Doctor Glas and The Christmas Oratorio among others.

flag

Something by Patrick White most probably. If you mean as it relates to my country in particular then surely 'The Tree of Man' while if you mean most famous then likely 'The Eye of the Storm'

Luna de plutón

Republic of Florence, not the Italian Republic.Try again.

The Book of Mormon.

D R O S S
R
O
S
S

>Aside from basically everything from Astrid Lindren, Selma Lagerlöf and Vilhelm Moberg

Literally who?

Strindberg is your most influential author (and probably the only one). I know it must be a shame for you because he has a pennis, but it's not my fault.

Das Kapital

I thought that went without saying. Also, in terms of individual texts written, he's not quite as well remembered.

1. flag
2. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth_and_Justice

ITT Thread:

Literal literary who's

>cunt
Poo-in-loo

>quintessential piece of literature
Kama-Sutra (Vatsyayana)

hamsun

Why not Bhagavad Ghita?

Yo, el supremo (Me, the supreme)
It's a really REALLy good book, totally worth it and surprised one Paraguayan could do that

>France
>Jules Verne

Victor Hugo

kys family

Corneille

Fuck off you fuckin cunt victor hugo is the only answer, stop posting these useless poofters

What about Proust?

You obviously haven't read Corneille.

Proust was a faggot and he doesn't stand the comparison with that badass of victor hugo

I have you stupid git and i know what i'm talking about i graduated in french literature

Reading Cinna and Le Cid doesn't mean you've "read Corneille"

>i graduated in french literature
It's completely worthless

Charles

Rabelais

Voltaire

Molière

Chrétien de Troyes

Astrid Lindgren is the third most translated children's author in the world. Do you live under a rock?

Natsume Soseki

Biff and chip

Faust