Is Vaporwave the most talentless genre of music of all time?

Is Vaporwave the most talentless genre of music of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hauntology
youtube.com/watch?v=XDu60zNucC4
youtube.com/watch?v=UbR40PvNkO4
youtube.com/watch?v=aNtz5cuB7Wk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Certainly. With punk.

no, it's noise

Mainstream hiphop and R&B and EDM like Avici, Swedish House Mafia etc is probably more brain dead and requires less talent.

Nope

Like all electronic and sample based music it's technically easier to make than playing an instrument but it's just as hard as any other genre to actually make something good of it.

Vaporwave is all about finding those very specific sounds that sends the listener back to the late 80's/early 90's. This kinda requires that the listener isn't born in the 90's like most people on Sup Forums so I can understand why most people don't "get it". The target audience is quite small. For example, I get very nostalgic by some vaporwave that emulates the wobbly sound of a worn out VHS casette. I takes me straight back to the time I first watched A Nightmare on Elm Street and the end credits music was all wobbly.

Those still take more skill and resources than vaporwave.

Agreed

Noise requires less talent but vaporwave is a close second.

Unless you are Daniel Lopatain or James Brooks, yeah kinda. The genre is really over saturated, without much room to evolve imo desu.

this

They take more resources, but vaporwave is ironic, if it took effort to make vaporwave it wouldn't be what it is, the point of listening to vaporwave is sticking the middle finger to normie shit they put on the radio and clubs, but it's becoming normie too

nope, nightcore is

trap is pretty talentless desu

this for sure

99% of vaporwave's audience didn't exist in the 80s and most of the 90s. How the fuck to they get sent back to a time they never experienced? This is one of the most annoying things about it, that people constantly wax nostalgia for shit they never lived through.

>sends the listener back to the late 80's/early 90's
>via Windows XP samples and PS1 cover aesthetics
This is your brain on tumblr.

I mean the caretaker hits some of that nostalgia even though none of us listened to vinyls on phonograph. Maybe nostalgia is the wrong word

the correct word is sehnsucht, although it's of German origin

>via Windows XP samples and PS1 cover aesthetics

Most vaporwave is 80's oriented though.

sensucht == missing || yearning, is that much different from nostalgia? Wikipedia lumps nostalgia, sensucht, and saudade in the same category. The question is still, can you "long" for what you've never experienced? Well yeah probably.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hauntology

nice

nope, trying to put bias aside, vaporwave actually requires remixing to some degree.

more effortless is nightcore, and what you're thinking of (slowed down songs) would be "anti-nightcore"

>The question is still, can you "long" for what you've never experienced?

Maybe you can long for it/wish to experience, but you can never "miss it" i.e being nostalgic about it. Being nostalgic is to miss something (that you once had) from the past.

Every time someone brings up Vaporwave, guaranteed its defenders will reply with some shit like "this makes me feel like rollerblading home with tears in my eyes" or some gay shit like that

maybe, but that doesn't mean it's bad

sehnsucht and saudade aren't the same in my opinion. I'd put saudade as the closest to nostalgia, sehnsucht seems to be more about longing/yearning for something in a melancholic manner, whether you had actual memory of it or just an impression from texts and stories, like Petrarch's longing for Rome in his "Ascent of Mount Ventoux"

Muh millenials: The post

this post is retarded, vaporwave appeals to high school and college kids. it's good music, but that's who listens to it most.

sort of like how rap has a "specific sound" yet ends up most listened to by people who can't relate to it at all. just like how kids can't relate to loops of toto.

Vaporwave can be a waste of time, however i fell artist have created great music by the influence of its ambient slow and hazy theme.

it makes me severely uncomfortable, not sure why, but it does

>33 years old
>thinks vaporwave is "pretty nice"
>tfw i'm part of that 1%

i'm not necessarily proud

No, ambient and drone are

Hi ive just got into making vaporwave and i wanted to get some people to tell me how it sounds and if its good and if i should continue. here are 3 tracks i uploaded last night. feedback is welcome good or bad. thanks youtube.com/watch?v=XDu60zNucC4
youtube.com/watch?v=UbR40PvNkO4
youtube.com/watch?v=aNtz5cuB7Wk

More like gen X though

sticking the middle finger by listening to awful music?

Rap/Hip Hop, while a home to absolute classic albums and cornerstones of music, is extremely conducive to talentless works because it's so cheap + easy to make. The soundcloud rap market is so over inflated and saturated with Drake, Future, Kendrick wannabes that know their music works but don't understand why.

Why?

lil uzi > Kendrick

>talentless genre of music
We should stop negro music.

Ah, I get it. The irony is that they're sticking the middle finger to mainstream trash by listening to slightly less mainstream trash.

Generic rock and roll is the most talentless music of all time.

The Beetles are the most talentless group in music of all time.