Bands people pretend to like

Bands people pretend to like

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ovrrZ03RcGM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Darkthrone.

Music in general

Nirvana and metalica

Not true as far as I know. Why those bands? They're appreciated a lot among normies and some mutants too.

Hes talking about the people who wear nirvana or metalica shirts that have never listened to an their music.

Honestly it's kind of stupid to assume that someone is pretending to like something, they probably just think the shirt looks cool and/or got it for free.

>Hes talking about the people who wear nirvana or metalica shirts that have never listened to an their music.
oh yeah then I get it. joy division falls under the same category

Is that because of the goo shirt? I don't really socialize so I don't know why people would pretend to like Sonic Youth, since their music is pretty accessible.

Sonic Youth albums are full of filler

As much as I like Sonic Youth, yes, they're one of those bands that people know about and mention but have never listened to. Same goes for Sublime, Fugazi, PJ Harvey and Dinosaur Jr, from my experience.

Also, anything that featured in a TV show or appeared on a t-shirt sold by a popular shop.
Violent Femmes, Joy Division, etc.

At my job the other day I saw a kid wearing a joy division jacket and told him some like "I love joy division" he was really confused and I had to tell him his jacket had an album by a band called joy division on it. I wanted to die after that.

Pic related it's what he was wearing

ITT: SY are 2deep4me therefore no one else can like them

Not what was said, or implied. Stop thinking so highly of yourself

stop being such a pleb then

I've seen a lot of people wear this.

They're only pretending if they're wearing a Dark Side of the Moon shirt (I have one, but I actually like Pink Floyd). I wish I had a shirt of the wall though, because it's my favorite of the 4 main concept albums.

>I'm guilty of pretending to like a band so I better post aggressively and defensively in a dramatic display of unwarranted self-righteousness
I'm glad people like you exist, makes me feel better about myself

I have a DSotM t shirt, too. I listen to Pink Floyd and Syd's solo material. Sometimes people just like things, man.

>imbailin

>pretend

Darkthrone is awesome. Posers die.

this

Death Grips

What gives you the impression that people who like death grips are faking it? Has anyone else ever been perplexed by music that you like and thought that you're pretending to like it?

I don't even like black metal and I love Darkthrone.

every band you can really think of

Radiohead, Tim Hecker, My Bloody Valentine and even Bob Dylan

Anything Zappa has done.

The Misfits deserve some fucking crown for that shit, There's countless people out here with some kind of crimson ghost shirt/pin/whatever without having the slightest idea of who the misfits are.

you're on my level

I prefer wordless mostly. smooth classical jazz, or classical. stuff that bring a nice ambient sound

AC/DC

terrible all around. but so bad its good. which means we're all pretending.

All of these
>Led Zeppelin
>Nirvana
>Jimi Hendrix
>David Bowie
>The Misfits
>Metallica
>Sublime
>Red Hot Chili Peppers

Worst of the worst is pic related.

In my country (at least from what I have seen) people wearing joy division or misfits shirts is really uncommon. The most popular band shirts here are the ramones, ac/dc, led zeppelin, and other dadrock shirts.

I know a lot of girls from here who wear Ramones shirts, know it's a band that they don't like, but just can't seem to give two shits about it.

Strange. I like all the bands you listed, but I'm not too keen on the smiths save for a few songs of theirs

I love these fucking threads where people shit on normies, since I am a huge edgelord contrarian faggot with no friends.

The ramones here are fucking everywhere on shirts of people who don't know who they are but the misfits are probably like second place. A lot of people don't even know these are bands or they just have some counterfeit t shirt whit some shit instead of the band's name written on it.

Which shirts are popular is not decided by some kind of monolith, of course you would like some things that are popular but not others.

Don't talk so lowly of yourself, mate. We here at Sup Forums.org love you

it's okay dude i enjoy it

Shirts? I'm referring to the bands

oh no i an retard sry

there's tons of legitimate sonic youth fans where I live (not in the US)
don't know how you came to that conclusion senpai

> implying the average Sup Forumstant knows any people

I agree somewhat. DN is tight though.

GLOSS is a definitive example; sjws ignore how shitty all their music is, and just keep praising how "crucial" and "awesome" they are.

I saw some guy walking around campus wearing a dsotm shirt and i said good choice, great band. He didn't know who pink floyd was.

Holy shit this. So much this.

Death grips are ear shatteringly awful and anyone who """""likes""""" them is either memeing or lying or retarded.

>I don't like it so how can anyone possibly?
People don't pay to go see liveshows of bands they don't like. No band is succesfull without having an actual, unironic audience.

t. Death grips """""fan"""""

human psychology makes it easy to convince yourself that you like things you don't like, based on various influences

any free jazz and avant garde jazz artist

i believe those girls have moral dilemmas about fucking a conservative chad and not fucking them because fucking them would make them feel like they betrayed liberalism.

Do you guys seriously believe this...? That every death grips fan has somehow magiccally convinced himself that the music is good...? Because Fantano told them or something...?

Has anyone ever bitched to you about how loveless sounds like just some random noise?
You are sounding about as ignorant as that.

I don't even like death grips that much, I just think it's stupid to think that nobody who says they like any given succesfull band is sincere.

Are you telling me people don't genuinely like what amounts to 8 year olds beating on instruments?

this

nah i'm the second guy and i agree with you on your last point. i'm just saying that there's a lot of high schooler death grips fans who probably only "like" them because their friends have convinced them it's cool and edgy to do so.

Burzum of course

>i'm just saying that there's a lot of high schooler death grips fans who probably only "like" them because their friends have convinced them it's cool and edgy to do so.
Oh yeah I can see that. But that's not liking the music, that's liking the image. (though your point is ofcourse that those teens don't admit that)

I'm conflicted because toy machine is one of my favorite skate brands but any derivative of the joy division shirt is automatically trash.

>Netflix brought me here xDDD

>The Clash
>2pac
>Daft Punk

AnCo

sadly :/

get real though they were one of the most important rock of 90 guitar bands. One of my co workers listens to 90s rock
>i know its a little cheesy but i just like it
that cool but she had no idea who sonic youth were and that kinda depressed me.

>appeared on a t-shirt sold by a popular shop.
>Joy Division
it's even worse than that, Joy division shirts perpetuate the meme but the meme really started when the guy offed himself now his music is perceived as inherently deep. Honestly sit down and listen to Joy Division. its not the worst music ever but it sounds like really bored people who didn't really have any ideas

Death Grips.

I think they're the only "current" band who actually push the creative boundary and because of Sup Forums popularity, assholes memerap lovers and Reddit tourists pretend to like them (or like them, but do not appreciate them) and contrarians hate them because of false fandom. I blame Fantano's retarded following.

GLOSS are awful. I agree completely. I also think Sleater Kinney are overrated as fuck.

It's not about whether you like them or not. It's about most people's relations to them. I feel like those bands are effectively just logos on shirts now. People buy a Smiths shirt because it looks cool and they thought
>"How Soon is Now' is awesome
Although it sounds nothing like the rest of their catalog.

some people wearing that stuff thought misfits was some kind of clothing brand, i'm serious

> tfw I wore Led Zeppelin t-shirts every day in high school, but I actually listened to them the second most of all bands (aside from Siouxsie)

This

>death grips
>push the creative boundary
Typical rap beats and lyrics that are LITERAL nonsense. Truly rap is a kiddie pool of musical depth if death grips is considered to be "creative". If they are pushing any kind of creativity its seeing how much money can be made off of hipsters who listen to trash just to be different.

Death grips are basically just if El-p and A-f-r-o made an album together. Wait the beats aren't as good as el-p's and the black faggot in deathgrips has a quarter of the flow a-f-r-o does.

>eat me

well, kim, if you want to

>the only "current" band who actually push the creative boundary
holy shit

name one other band who aren't doing something that's already been done

>Death grips
>who aren't doing something that's already been done
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Eh, I get where you're coming from, and I do think that Ian's suicide has given them a status that they wouldn't otherwise have (which, along with the whole "tortured artist" shit annoys the hell out of me), but they were pretty fantastic too. I don't get the "bored" bit at all.

good job dodging my question
opinion discarded

the one on the left is supposed to be a woman?

>I believe death grips are doing something never been done before
>I should be taken seriously
Pick one

yes, i believe that's true
go ahead and quote me with a reaction image
you're worse than the retard sect of dg
fandom, you do realise this?

>yes, i believe that's true
>go ahead and quote me with a reaction image

saying death grips are the only current band pushing creative boundaries is literally saying you know nothing about music save for what Sup Forums shoves up your ass.

Implying death grips are even pushing any creative boundaries.

please enlighten me on who you consider are a more creative modern band, I'm all ears

good false equivalency btw
really got me good, because I definitely don't have better taste and knowledge of music that you

>it's a "quote statement and reply with reaction images instead of actually producing a real argument" episode

>hurr hurr lets rap over noise
>pushing creative boundaries

In that case, screaming and breaking a leg over noise is pushing twice as many creative boundaries.
youtube.com/watch?v=ovrrZ03RcGM

you have no idea what you're talking about

the fact that you think the instrumentals as "noise" proves how little experience you have in music, it's as if you're my granddad

>noise

have you listened to any of their music?

>Its a "state random opinion without any real argument that is completely false and then get mad when not taken seriously" episode

tu quoque

Thurston Moore and other guy are some of the best guitarists even but Him and the girl never got good at singing. Some of the songs are doubt I say good vocally but I can't even listen to The Sprawl.

replied to wrong people kek

is what I ment

see

>being concerned about this

yall so ridiculous

No band embodies the term "sellout" more than the Misfits. If you wear a Misfits shirt, that's the last thing you are. Normies wear Misfits shirts.

>mfw Death Grips have legit made their living by making joke fart music for six years because faggots eat it up and call it avant garde

dude there are tons of articles and probably books about death grips' music and how it's pretty unique and boundary-pushing. and you can reply with "muh Dalek" and how it's supposedly been done before them, but the fact is most music critics agree that it's original