What does Sup Forums tip?

What does Sup Forums tip?

Toppest kek. At restaurants

Kek

Normally like 30% if the service is good. I have worked for tips before and I realize it's a luxury to go out to eat at places like that, so I'm not gonna go out and not budget a tip for people's services.

For valets or if somebody helps me load something into the car when I buy shit, normally just a $5.

Dickson G. Wong. Lol.

>Dickson G. Wong

my favorite thing about Europe is that tipping is not expected ever. So when someone is nice to me, I know it's not to get paid

Nothing. In my country, waiters and delivery boys are paid a regular salary and don't need to be tipped.

20-50% call me too generous, but i want to help the fags who reeally need it.

Lol Dickson

Plus you know lots of em are college kids and shit. I always think "What's an extra $5-$10 to me if it will make their day".

>be american
>get shot
>tip the shooter

The American system of tipping is fucking crazy. Business owners abusing their staff and guilting customers to pay them what they actually deserve

This guy gets it.though since i usually am not able to pay for my own meal being a poorfag myself... My dad or friends usually take care of the pay and tip, so i usually dont get to make many good days.

>30%
what the fuck

It is proper etiquette

I don't tip unless service top notch/friends. I already paid for that service, its included in the price

If servers didnt get paid 2.13/hr, you wouldn't afford to be able to go out and eat.

Too low?

Especially if the bartender or server is fine, could be 40%.

Like I said, I don't go out to eat a ton anyway so might as well spend the money when I do. If service is shitty, I will do like 15%. Most of the time it isn't the server's fault, they are just overwhelmed.

And if you have a regular watering hole, gotta tip well and they will make your drinks right.

where the fuck do you live? in mexico 10% is perfectly fine and 15% is considered a big tip
you're paying way too much man

I like to comensate for people who undertip (there are people who give 1$ for a 100$ purchase and i find that increadibly rude and unappreciative of underpayed over worked individuals.)

Seriously? Jesus, over here servers get the equivalent of about $10/h.

I see wat u did thar

Just the standard 15% unless the service is great then it's 20%-30%. I really wish we lived in a non-tipping culture

10% is pretty shitty on the average ~$50 order for a couple that stays close to 2hrs.

They signed a contract saying they were fine getting paid that amount.
Noone else is stupid enough to sign a contract agreeing to get paid in whatever pocket change the boss has on that particular day.

Why the fuck is it up to the customer to pay what the employer can't pay? There should be no obligation to tip because a tip is for when you felt the service was good and wanted to pay the waiter/ess a bit more as a way to say thank you. Is it really like this in America? Because I've never tipped anyone when I was there.

work a 6 hour shift and still can't afford to buy one meal. how is that even legal. i get paid 10 times that amount and i just work in a supermarket in australia

I normally tip fat when eating at a restaurant, but the one thing I don't like is when I get take-out from a chain restaurant and they will have the tip line on the reciept. I will get Chili's on my way home from work sometimes and it's only like $15 for the order. Plus they take forever to give me my food sometimes. So lately I will just pay cash since there is no tip jar or anything and I don't feel obligated to tip.

Nothing because I live in a civilized country where waiters are paid a reasonable wage.

>hurr but restaurant owners hurr

If people from countries with much higher income & business tax can pay reasonable wages, so can you cucklords.

I usually leave a 5. I leave a 10 if service was good.

This.

I never waste my fucking money giving tips out to staff. They get paid to do their job, I get paid to do mine. What I do with my money is my business. Amerifags try to guilt trip you into giving tips when it's just a waste of money. Give that "tip" to a charity, you'll be doing a hell of a lot more good than giving it to a fucking waiter in a first world country who can actually survive because they live in the US of Ayy.

that's a pretty brutal way to look at it , but I agree.
still tip though

yeah its pretty fucked up

Dude minimum wage in Canada is like 11.25
The fuck is going on where you live.

I live in a country where tipping is frowned upon.

\thread

20 - 25% unless the service really sucks. then I leave without paying the bill

Why would I tip a mouth breather who carries food and puts on a fake smile, I don't tip. Now go get me my other side of fries peasant

Only in America, servers are paid so low, and need to rely on tips.

fucking kek

Jackie Chan tips!

sounds like heaven. where?

fuck's sake, a quarter of the bill? Standard's 15%

I don't tip because I don't reward people for doing their job. You want more money get a better job. You're not entitled to handouts just because you bring food to a table. I don't understand why American haven't figured this out yet. You shouldn't be rewarded for mediocrity.

Just sayin

Lmao

Being nice to get paid is the point of customer service, otherwise we would treat you like shit.

Honestly anything more than a 20% tip would make me feel like you're a patronizing dickhead, just stick to the gratuity chart for both of our sake unless the circumstances are odd, like you have a large party, big ticket, or obnoxious kids.

i only tip when i'm out drinking or at nice restaurants.
that's it. i don't even have to tip. people are getting paid a normal salary in my country unlike most where they need tips.

besides, countries where tipping is kind of recommended because the waiters don't earn much is 3rd world style. why support a weird fucking capitalistic exploiting system where people are paid unreasonably low and NEED tips is beyond me.
oh yes, the U.S. allows things like this to happen. yeaaaaaah fuck all you guys

servers in american are entitled cunts

>Just bring food to a table.
Gross oversimplification of a waiters position but hey it's always nice to pretend to know what the fuck you're talking about on the internet, isn't it?

Being nice to get paid is the point of customer service, otherwise we would treat you like shit

No they would get fired from people complaining

You realise that someone still has to do the menial shit, right? Not everyone can be a rockstar ninja cyber consultant. There's other roles to fill.

Are you asian or bald by the way?

Right, so we don't do that, so you pay us.
That's how customer service works.
How are you getting this confused?

>bring some dishes back so busser can get the cups
>take orders and carry food
>be fake as fuck
>bitch and moan when tip isnt high
its as easy as it sounds, trust me ive worked with waiters

>I am american
>freedom
>my money
>freedom

no your employer should pay you a proper wage, not the customer, fuck tipping

Pakistan

>Give that "tip" to a charity
person you just replied to here, chairities turn out to be a scheme way too much.
Most owners are pocketing half the money, and the charities that ARE real are usually giving money to people who dont deserve it like africans that live in a desert where they cant grow food but refuse to move to the AFRICAN jungle where they can grow food and hunt.

Just because people refuse to improve their own lives doesn't mean I'm going to fund their life.

Other charities are things like:
>Autism - there is no fucking cure, just stop.
>Cancer - There has been several cures but cancer is a billion(trillion) dollar a year industry. They simply are not going to give that up.
>Huricans - "durr I decided to live on the coast but below sea level in a giant fucking bowl."
>Tornados - "HURRRRR Tornado Alley sounds like a great place to raise a family."
>Starving kids - poverty breeds poverty, those kids are gonna grow up to do the same shit their parents do.
>Homeless people - very few are truly down on their luck. Most are gibe dats, and refuse to work, or make down right stupid decisions like thinking jack danials and scratch off tickets is a good investment. I do feel for the ones that really are homeless though.

Care to enlighten me on what other *difficult* tasks someone who gets paid 2.14 an hour is responsible for? While your head take that long journey from up your own ass, to your foot, to the table at Benny's remember to grab me some more fries you fucking pleb and pleb enabler.
Fair, but I fail to see how that should be my problem.

I'm not murican.

That's more accurate, yeah. Still, it's a performance based industry, like being a car salesman. Tips exist to ensure quality of service and bad waiters don't make the same amount for what's solely their responsibility. Not tipping is just a spit in the face.

What happens is that dickheads with screaming children show up at restaurants...we all put up with it because we figure they'll tip for unleashing their spawn on innocents...and they never ever do.

Every future respectable patron ends up getting the buttmad, (it has to go somewhere) and suddenly there is no reason for anyone to tip...the whole system falls apart.

Another classic example of faggots are why we can't have nice things. Someone who works at any shenanigans type place tell me I'm wrong. Better at least take a pic of your badge.

$ 0.09 tip? That is just Wong!!!

Pizza guy, here.
Average tip distribution by demographic.
Military officer: $20+
Military enlisted: $5-$10
Civilian White Male: $3-$5
Civilian Mexican American: $3-
Civilian Black: $0
Civilian White Female: $0
Military Female: $0 and asks for discount

Physical action of help 5 bucks
Walking food and drinks 20 feet, 30%
What the fuck is wrong with you.

Oh, so you're a cuck

Depends on service. I don't tip if the waiter is an asshole. 15-30% otherwise. I've gave around 100% before because I have four kids and some waiters really deserve it.

never mind

checkem

ZERO, Because TIPS don't exist here.

That's retarded, especially if I do a better job than my peers. That's not even being entitled, that's e putting forth the effort to get paid more, not demanding a handout. Why the fuck should I get paid the exact same amount as a dude who takes every opportunity to slack?

Really depends on what you're definition of difficult is. I'm going to school for neuroscience and surprisingly that shit is less demanding on my psyche then trying to keep hungry people happy while attending to multiple tables simultaneously.
What the fuck is Benny's?

Civilian black:$0. Pays last 4 dollars in sock change and takes all the plastic ware, plates, and napkins you have. Usually calls you back half an hour later to let you know the very last piece looked funny.

Agreed.
Enjoy paying inequitable tips to people. Monster.

Standard's 20% dick

I see the world in absolutes. I know allot of what I say sounds cold but its the fucking truth. See my post about charities.
Ill still tip too if I eat in and they do their job.
Tipping is getting out of hand. I ordered a pizza one time, I drove there, went in to pick it up, walked up to the counter myself, and they spun the computer around to let me "choose what amount of tip". Fuck that.

I tip $5 for any meal for 2 under 40, fuck em

Not our fault you can't ask your boss for a raise. If I do good I get a raise, I don't get tipped from our clients.

10% if I'm particularly impressed with the service, otherwise 0%. I'm in the UK, our servers are paid proper wages.

Tipping has gotten out of control. These fucking entitled piece of shit kids think they deserve a tip for typing numbers in a cash register and giving you change. I will only tip 20% if I'm sitting at a restaurant as well as having good service. Not just some cunt bringing food to a table and never showing back up until 10 minutes after I've finished my food then waiting even longer for her to bring a fucking bill.

Lol just saw a welfare queen answering the door all slutty like
"My husband is on deployment, can I get a discount?"

Tornados aren't very fair. They're kind of spotty and random.

Hurricanes I will give you, though. Shit happens literally like clockwork every year on the southeastern coast and people still go boohoo errytime.

$5 or 10%, whatever works out to be more

The $5 tips are normally for 3 minutes of their time.

30% is a cute girl running around and watching to make sure my ice doesn't melt and my lil BBQ sauce cup stays half full for 2 hours.

You sound like an absolute bell end
Fuck off

Whatever, fuck you. I'm glad most of the foreigners that come here actually tip surprisingly well despite staying well after hours like entitled shitmongers.

top zozzle

Rhetorical question, I know it's not difficult. I had a feeling you were a waiter what with your entitled demeanor. I'm going to stiff the next waiter extra hard while I think about how hard it must be not to drop plates. Enjoy being the nigger of the job industry. Oh, and can I get some more water? Thanks.

>BBQ sauce
Fucking disgusting pleb

Maybe it's cultural difference. I'm in the south so most people are trashy, but pretty hospitable, and like to compensate for the fact their children embarrassed the living fuck out of them.

This is mostly true.

Black people don't tip shit. Everybody hates dealing with them. White females also tip like shit. Middle class white men tip well. Upper class white men either tip really well or pretty low.

Asians normally tip really fat. And the one thing I disagree with you on is the Mexicans. Lots of them work service jobs or blue collar jobs and will tip well. Especially Americanized Mexican dudes, like second generation in their upper 20s and 30s.

My state never has tornado.
We get one about once every generation, and due to my environment they last about a minute before they die.
Tornado alley is not a place to live, and it sure the fuck is not a place to raise a family or build a big ass house.

>but user thats sexist!

Long before hooters every fast food restaurant knew that girls in boyshorts and roller skates make money.

You want a tip america? Start making it worth my while and I'll throw money at you.

Except it can be. I assume you've never waited, and that's why you're acting like a pompous prick who got into school on daddy's paycheck and feel the right to look down on the service industry.
I give absolutely no fucks about that.
And totally, you won't notice the spit, but I will.

>"My husband is on deployment, what can I do to get a discount?"
ftfy

Sure it must also be nice being a total faggot on an anonymous image board.

I don't tip.
I make more than them so my time is more valuable than theirs.

Does being called a faggot still affect you?