How do I stop being an alcoholic? I hate drinking but don't know how to go about quitting

How do I stop being an alcoholic? I hate drinking but don't know how to go about quitting.

Easy, stop drinking

approach a local AA group. Every one is super understanding and really nice.. I promise it's one of the few institutions of true brotherhood that still stands

I've tried multiple AA groups. They don't do shit for me.

Start taking your anger out on children.

how much do you drink? i have been drinking 9 litres of cheap white cider everyday for 13 years

Smoke weed instead

Accept that fact that once you are an alcoholic you'll always be one, the temptation will still be there, no matter that you haven't had a glass in years.This stays with you for your life.After that, stop drinking.Why in this order?Because most fall off the wagon with the excuse that "one drink" won't do that much harm.Know that "one drink" is all that it takes for you.And refuse to be controlled by it.

Lol sure

this stuff

Stop going to AA. Detox. Psycho-Therapy.

Punch a black person works every time.

My name is Flash.

prostate massage every 3hours helped me alot

Play a board game

I've been drinking about 500ml of 70 proof whiskey every day for about four years. I've only taken about 6 days off in that time. Not sure I can ever stop now.

Find another fix like Heroin

Only 24 and in the same boat OP, let's make a pact to slow down?

you first

28 year old
Been drinking in a regular basis since I was 21
After job, 2 bottles of wine + 8 500ml cans of beer or beer + 1 bottle of whiskey or shit
Alcohol is expensive, damn

Alcoholism is tough, so you're going to need to act quickly and stop being a fag.

I'm willing to make that pact but I don't think it will mean much on an anonymous board :(

I promise I promise. you no drink i no drink.

alrighty, dubs confirms

drinks for me

I drink too.
I drink a 40 or so most days.
Does that make me an alcoholic?

okay lets start friday after next friday.

Start reading /ck/ and learn how to love being an alcoholic.

WE'RE THERE FOR YOU user

just gotta give yourself up to a higher power bro.

but seriously, one step at a time, chill, take it easy, take care of your own problems and be a little selfish before you start worrying about anything else.

agreed ;)

Personality centered psychotherapy. Possibly medication like antidepressant aswell. Look around for a very good psychologist, don't settle for an average one, 90% of them don't know shit but the remaining 10% can change your life.

you wont get money from me fuck off.

He's right tho

He is riiiiiiiiigggghhhhhhhttttt

>do it OP

>beign serious
try LSD. In the right mood set in is a life changer. Changed my life, got me off alcohol.

stop being a faggot and do heroin instead

Yes buy a gun and go real crazy
BAM BAM BAM

I get alcohol withdrawals if I'm not drinking, OP.
The first thing I'm going to do is get some medicine from the doctor for my anxiety, since it is why I started drinking soo heavily in the first place.