How do I bring up to my parents that my kid brother ( just turned 19) has been taking weed...

How do I bring up to my parents that my kid brother ( just turned 19) has been taking weed? I walked in on him and two of his friends at the home of a friend of mine and they were definitely all smoking pot. Literally out of their minds on the stuff and I'm worried about what that stuff does to peoples mental wellbeing as it causes depression, psychosis and all sorts of nasty stuff.

Also how bad would it be for him if the police were to be called if I don't tell my parents? Could he get into trouble for having it in his system? I'm thinking an arrest could well scare him straight so to speak.

Thanks

This is obviously b8

why not talk to him yourself? tell him the risks and let him make his own mind up about it.

I'm not that close to him. I've moved 20+ miles away for work recently so don't feel like I should drop by to tell him how to live his life.

my god you can't be serious. it's not like you caught him take cocain or one of these VERY harmful party drugs. if you drink alcohol, you aren't better than him, just another kind of harm.

Beat him up you faggot.

Shit b8

>being this stupid
Just let him be

Let him live his life. Plenty of people smoke up on their own time and are as sucsessful as non smokers

Don't fuck with his life. Smoking pot once or twice that you know of doesn't mean it's a problem

I drink alcohol but that's it. Never even been around drugs. The area we've grown up in is pretty wealthy so that stuff's never been around. I know enough from friends though that pot smoking gradually turns into using ecstasy/coke and all the harder stuff though and that definitely worries me.

Tryharder faggot

Wasted trips.
Just because weed isn't the country club drug of choice, and just because you watched some DARE commercials doesn't give you the right to fuck with his life.

You sound like a typical wasp

Thinks wealthy people don't take as many drugs. What a fucking idiot

I bet you vote Republican too, right?

Epic Le Trole Thread

I can't believe how everyone thinks pot is ok nowadays. It's ruining peoples minds. Fucking liberals.

Second

Ecstasy and coke are hard drugs? Are u retarded?

>pot smoking gradually turns into using ecstasy/coke and all the harder stuff
inb4 the stoner wasters come in with the "nah they don't maaaan".

Shit b8

Not him but yes if you do them enough

Maybe they're not in your 3rd world shithole slum but they are in mine.

>20 miles away
>not close to him

you just sound like a shitty brother

Tell your parents, and let them deal with it, it's their child, not yours.

Fucking retarded

alcohol IS a drug. just talk to him, but first get your facts straight yourself. tell him about the risks (psychosis,..), but don't make it worser than it is. alcohol isn't as risk-free as you seem to think, either. try to stop drinking alcoholic products forever. i bet you can't.

No they're not Ecstasy especially is less damaging and less addictive than alcohol and nicotine

Taking away pot because it can lead to "harder drugs" is like banning video games because it can lead to violence or banning guns because they can be used to kill people.

I live in rural England fag

Only there's proof of weed being a gateway drug and no proof of games causing violence.

/Thread

cocaine is a pretty cool drug, meth isnt.

You're asking for advice on how to help someones life on fucking Sup Forums, of all places, on god-forbidden Sup Forums where 99% of people who post and visit here are COMPLETE fucking losers, most of which are fucking NEET's on government checks and can't even clean their fucking rooms.

The fucking ADVERTISEMENT for this website is cartoon girls for fucking Ecchi Mousepads.

What the FUCK did you expect coming here? Nobody here is going to tell you the right answer.

Sauce please or its not true

Go bother your sheep then, you silly Yorkshire bastard.

I know it's b8 but you would ruin his life more than weed ever could by calling the cops.

>causes depression, psychosis and all sorts of nasty stuff.
maybe do some research before you go snitching on your lil bro you dirty little uninformed rat

That's bullshit, the only reason weed would be a gateway drug is cause once they buy weed the know a drug dealer that can get them other stuff. If it was legalized and sold in dispensaries or liquor stores that wouldn't happen.

That's bollocks, education and seeing people crippled by coke dealers or sucking dick for skag should be enough to put anyone off class A's. Cannabis is harmless, you concentrate more and absorb information and personally it makes me more creative. People who schiz out would've schizzed out anyway as there's always somebody that has schizophrenia but as it usually develops in teenage years it just coincides with the age that people start smoking so they automatically connect the dots.

Can we talk about pot actually harming people? Like alcohol does? A heavy marijuana smoker probably has the same risk to his health as a person who effectively moderates their alcohol consumption.

Moderation is something that is learned. So get down off your mighty judgment pedestal and teach the boy to have Moderation so he doesn't waste his life over consuming and underachieving his whole life.

Who said Yorkshire? Cos I didn't, try harder fag

and equal amounts of alc, nicotin and coffeine lead to people being nicer to each other xD

Calm down, Ahmed. It's only Sup Forums.

He's 19 for gods sake. Probably older than you

Here's an option, don't be a fucking Faggot? Why is it up to you to say what your brother can and can't do? He is an adult for fucks sakes. Jesus christ, I honestly don't understand how people can be this fucking retarded.

Weed isn't a gateway drug. It doesn't give you a craving for other drugs or anything like that it's pretty much harmless. Unless it's everyday numerous times a day for months, there's no issue.

He's 19 for gods sake. Probably older than you.

It's mostly due to a pour education system that doesn't teach the difference between weed and heroine and a government that classifies them with the same amount of danger.

Alcohol is a drug you fucking idiot

Don't be stupid.

I would usually agree, but this place is a bunch of retarded kids during the day so you never know anymore. Come back at night when the less retarded are here

i doubt the creative part, but i agree to the rest. i have to add though that psychosis etc. wouldn't necessarily have shown ever without cannabis. it's kind of a catalysator there.

telling your parents or the police anything will be what fucks his life up, not him smoking a little weed. additionally, the more you try to suppress something, the more theyre going to act subtlety to acquire it

I'm pretty sure the government actually classifies weed as worse than heroine

>A drug is any substance other than food, that when inhaled, injected, smoked, consumed, absorbed via a patch on the skin or dissolved under the tongue causes a physiological change in the body

Oh no, smoking weed definitely opens you up to other drugs, I never understood why people say it's not a gateway drug

You drink and you're worried about weed? Alcohol is more risky and definitely proven to be addictive.
Also you'd be making a huge mistake calling the cops. Just throw out that thought right now. You want to give him a criminal record for smoking pot? You really want to ding him for the rest of his life? AND you better hope no one else in that house has anything illegal.
Forget about it OP.
What's the difference again? It's a pychoactive, intoxicating substance.

Its official, the bait has been bit.

Why do you say that

People just don't do research for themselves and let the media inform them

you agree that weed is way more harmless than cocaine, right?

>I drink alcohol
>Never been around drugs

Hurrdurr

take out the underground dealer by making weed legal. oh gosh! no gateway given!

You dont get mentally ill from drinking alcohol though. Only drugs do that

>What's the difference again?
it's illegal for a start and for good reason.

>tell my parents
>taking weed
sure is bate af in here

Are you retarded ?

When have you ever heard of weed being involved with domestic violence

No of course not that's why alcoholics get put in rehab

>pretty wealthy

Your parents are pharma-fiends

>pot smoking gradually turns into

No. Alcohol is the more likely "gateway" drug

Do your research. And don't quote studies you haven't read. Look for 4 things in any study you read:

1. Confirmation bias
2. Methodology
3. Interpretation of data
4. Replication of the study

DONT BE A LITTLE BITCH AND DO THAT BC ONCE U DO UR BROTHER IS GONNA HATE U FOR IT. UR JUST IGNORANT WEED ISNT A DEPRESSANT IT ACTUALLY HELPS YOU AND YOUR WELBEING. LET HIM DO WHAT HE WANTS ITS HIS LIFE NOT YOURS. HE JUST BEING HIMSELF AND HAVING AN EXPERIENCE IN THIS MESSED UP WORLD. PLUS NOW THAT HES STARTED HES NOT GONNA STOP. THIS NEW GENERATION (IM IN AS WELL BC IM 20 AND HAVE BEEN SMOKING POT FOR 5 YEARS NOW)AND IM PERFECTLY FINE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I KNOW WHO SMOKES. JUST LEAVE IT BE AND HE WILL GET THE CONSEQUENCES HIMSELF. I DIDNT GET CLOSE WITH MY BROTHER TILL I GOT HIM SMOKING WEED NOW WE ARE BEST FRIENDS. JUST LET IT GO PLUS WITHOUT WEED AND LSD I WOULD HAVE KILLED MYSELF LAST YEAR BC I WAS IN SUCH A BAD PLACE PLUS WITH MY EX I DIDNT SMOKE FOR HER AND THAT WAS A HUUUUGGGGEEE MISTAKE ON MY PART. AS LONG AS HE AINT SMOKING METH OR TAKIN HERION DONT WORRY ABOUT IT!!!

Honestly what's it like to live on the spectrum?

>Alcohol dependence
>not mentally ill

Are you fucking retarted

Unemplyed people are usually wife beaters. And weed takes away your ambition and makes yoyu lazy so there's probably a lot.

it has be the welbeing doesn't bother it 420 blaze it faggot

it might happen leads to him thinking it HAS to happen kek
yes there is a probability that one of these occur. it's not very small, but it isn't very big, either.

he just turned 19 fucker leave him alone weed is not that bad, i've been smoking since 14

So much b8 it hurts

Sauce or you're chatting shit

this

Autism.

Because we realize that weed isn't as bad as we learned it was, so people assume that other drugs aren't as bad as we learned which is for the most part true

>talking about time on the internet

>Unemplyed people are usually wife beaters.

Holy shit what the fuck is wrong with your head

I PRETTY MUCH JUST SMOKE NOW AFTER WORK (FOR FUN AS WELL WHEN IM WITH PEEPS) TO RELAX AND HAVE A GOODNIGHT. BUT MOSTLY TO SLEEP ON BC I CANT SLEEP FOR SHIT. HAVE ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT UNTIL I GOT ON POT AND WOULD JUST PASS OUT. CANT WAIT FOR MEDICAL IN KY BC ITLL JUST BE EASIER. WEED IS JUST A MEDICINCE FOR THE MIND AND SPIRIT AND ITS MUCH SAFER THAN ANY OTHER DRUG ON THIS GOD FORSAKEN EARTH. RATHER THAN PILLS AND HARDCORE DRUGS, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT ON YOUR BRO!!!

What if guns become illegal? Will you think they are illegal for a good reason too?