/ae/ - Autechre

where me lads at 2nite?

post yer favourite tunes awrite

youtube.com/watch?v=2fNJZ67roTM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hnpAymeHiiI
youtube.com/watch?v=aqOwGbTSJAw
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50830178/2016-11-04-rš-intervju-autechre.mp3
viagogo.co.uk/Concert-Tickets/Club-and-dance/Autechre-Tickets?AffiliateID=49&adposition=1t2&AdID=156413696599&PCID=PSGBGOOCONAUTECA9D099C85E-000081&MetroRegionID=&psc=hp-0&gclid=CNTW6tPFl9ACFQ8TGwod5GIOFg
youtube.com/watch?v=1UwRGvJTvFw
youtube.com/watch?v=YpUSwOGkRRw
youtube.com/watch?v=rEWeB6nvAGU
youtube.com/watch?v=hPdkTNzeAuY
youtube.com/watch?v=9EJrjNYJv9A
residentadvisor.net/reviews/20219
youtube.com/watch?v=GYuUOOIftGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pU7-yr70ntw
youtube.com/watch?v=vFqFyyay87s
youtube.com/watch?v=cMXBo-LQRYk
youtube.com/watch?v=hEiUZHEehus
mega.nz/#!QpkhiKoS!IGmgeuZr9yv3aDLJlp9JTu1icyLiaTrgdvlKYUpP84E
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S61846160#p61848812
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone here going to the London show?

youtube.com/watch?v=hnpAymeHiiI

youtube.com/watch?v=aqOwGbTSJAw

Listening to this slav interview now
>dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50830178/2016-11-04-rš-intervju-autechre.mp3

talking bout skrillex:
>it's obviously american, I mean americans would do that, emphasize the mid-range..
kek

Any tickets reselling anywhere?

viagogo.co.uk/Concert-Tickets/Club-and-dance/Autechre-Tickets?AffiliateID=49&adposition=1t2&AdID=156413696599&PCID=PSGBGOOCONAUTECA9D099C85E-000081&MetroRegionID=&psc=hp-0&gclid=CNTW6tPFl9ACFQ8TGwod5GIOFg

More like Autism

Which ae_live is the best?

Nagano or Krakow for me

>£70

wew

Neat. Anyone here seen them in Ljubljana or Zagreb?

>release a shit ton of remixes and extended versions of various Quaristice tracks
>not a SINGLE remix of Simmm
can these hacks to anything right?

>no versions of Simmm
>no versions of paralel suns
>no versions of WNSN
>no versions of based rale
>50 versions of shitty fucking Perlence

Went to the show in Budapest tonight and it was absolutely amazing. Something I'll never forget.

Is Cavity Job a single, or an EP?

Even though Cavity Job is clearly retro-actively identified with the EP work because of its inclusion in the "EPs 1991-2002" compilation, I still don't think it's an EP. I think they just threw it in to give buyers something they almost certainly hadn't heard before, at the time.

Furthermore, there is a definite schema to several of the official EP releases. "EP7" is pretty uncontroversially the seventh EP, for example, while Move of Ten is the tenth EP, and L-Event is the eleventh. This means that counting EPs alone up through L-Event, one should instead use the following schema:

First EP: Basscad, EP (clearly identified by its title as an EP as-such, and not merely a maxi-single collection of remixes, although the practice of remixing tracks as-such is uncommon in Autechre's work)
Second EP: Anti
Third: Garbage
Fourth: Anvil Vapre (is the ending l of Anvil next to the opening V of Vapre an early, cute "IV" comment on the EP's status as fourth?)
Fifth: Envane (again, the v in Envane may be an oblique reference to its status as the fifth EP, but I'm possibly projecting here)
Sixth: Cichlisuite (pronounced "sickly-sweet", this might be the "sixth suite" of tracks)
Seventh: EP7 (self-explanatory)
Eighth: Gantz Graf (I got nothing here)
Ninth: Quaristice.Quadrance.ep.ae
Tenth: Move of Ten (self-explanatory)
Eleventh: L-Event (eleventh).

Now, this schema that I've developed does not admit of either of the Peel Sessions as being official EPs. Further, the few singles over the years are just that-singles, and not EPs. But L-Event problematizes things just a bit. The title could mean "eleventh", as I've just said, but L is the twelvth letter in the alphabet, and so the title could be interpreted as "twelvth event". This ambiguity suggests that Cavity Job might alternately be thought of as a single or as an EP, depending on your personal preference. But titles like EP7 and Move of Ten would still be inconsistent with this possibility.

Grafenhainichen, no doubt

DOO DOO doo doo (du du de de de) duu duu dun dun duh duh da

TRIGGERED

aliens among us
youtube.com/watch?v=1UwRGvJTvFw

It's a single because it's a single. Two shorter songs on one release make a single, there's no need for autism.

it was amazing, but half of the audience had no idea whats going on and the lights should have been completely turned off

>perlence
>shit

pick 1

SKENG
SKENG
SKENG
ME AN KILLA MAN BUST OFF THE BIG SKENG
youtube.com/watch?v=YpUSwOGkRRw

youtube.com/watch?v=rEWeB6nvAGU

>not liking the flying windows error messages in space tune

youtube.com/watch?v=hPdkTNzeAuY

>tfw this is real

youtube.com/watch?v=9EJrjNYJv9A

Any of you cunts going to the london show january?

>January

it's on the 25th of November you cunt

Exactly. Also, the hipster fags taking photos with flash and browsing facebook with high brightness were annoying.

i wanted to punch the guy in front who flashed near the end, that was just plain disgusting. But this is just typical hungarian behavior, the show was marketed too much so a lot of ppl had zero idea what ae is doing

is it sean or rob?

residentadvisor.net/reviews/20219

damn at like half the crowd leaving during their set in turin :( lol at least the reviewer loved it. this set seems esp subtle at times so i get why loads of ppl might be baffled.

sean at the beginning and he also speaks for the majority of the time, but rob pops in at around 4:30 and chimes in every now and then.

it seems like sean is the voice of æ.
Like in the ama he also replied significantly more than rob.

Or am i mistaken a bit?

eh, from what i've read/heard sean's just always been a lot more assertive and speaks on the fly. rob's a bit more thoughtful and really tends to think through his answers before speaking or something, i dunno.

love sean and what he has to say but more interviews from rob would always be appreciated by me since he has differing and interesting perspective about their music. there was a good pitchfork one from 2008 and the quietus and factmag ones from 2013.

It was fun to watch these people try and dance to ae. Heavy bassline comes in, they start freaking out, music changes completely after a few seconds and they get visibly confused

When releases that go well over an hour get classified as EPs, this basically explodes your "it is that format because it's that long, now stop thinking about it" argument. What is essential to the classification of a release is not its length, but what the lads say it is (if they ever do so).

Further, Cavity Job can be argued to be three tracks, in the sense that its B-side, Accelera 1 & 2, is a mashup of two distinct passages. This is a point against what I was considering above.

youtube.com/watch?v=GYuUOOIftGQ

i still shiver from the thought of standing in the middle of this

Anyone with a watmm account want to reup xox's bootleg for the greater good?

This please. I ain't paying to join that shitshow.

pls

it's so annoying you have to pay to join that forum

Listened to the Quadrange EP online for the first time last night and generally liked it, nice quiet record. I'm just now realizing how much shit dropped during the Quaristice era:

Album proper (20 tracks): 73:15

Japan-only Bonus track (1 track): 3:51

Limited-edition CD2: Quaristice (Versions) (11 tracks): 67:48

Quadrange EP, (Consisting of four distinct segments, any of which would normally constitute a satisfactory EP in its own right, but it is commonly thought of as a single block of material, so what you really end up with in terms of length is multiple albums' worth of material, thinking in terms of time alone) (13 tracks): 149:23

45 tracks. (I believe they're all distinct selections, although several are versions of the main album material): Σ: "292:137", or 294:17. This cycle by itself is almost five hours of music, to say nothing of the recent outpt.

Moving on to the (Versions), now. Opening track was a cute 80s horror movie thing.

best ae track for the upcoming trump presidency?

Gantz Graf

THIS desu

lads in pretty terrified t bh but in the bright side at least no non-sensical no fly zone will be employed over syria, right? lads?

When I saw them I was just spazzing and doing the autistic hands thing. It was great.

Yea I have versions and quadrange too but I have yet to give them the attention they deserve.

Foldfree casual is luvly btw, might be my fav from elseq, I love the beat it's very LP5-ish

youtube.com/watch?v=pU7-yr70ntw

bump

U w0t m8 just look at the runtime what is wrong with you?

I am going to see them tomorrow
Do zobaczenia moi drodzy

Tri Repetae is their best album.
prove me wrong

Anyone seeing them in Copenhagen next Friday?

sup. never listened to autechre before. help?

Start with this album It's fucking great youtube.com/watch?v=vFqFyyay87s

Amber is indeed fucking great. Also, here is a chart

wish i could, no money tho

Feels bad man :( The tickets are sold out anyway now.

thanks dudes. got amber, tri, and encave as a start.

I've seen them in Ljubljana. It was great. the only thing that bothered me was that there wasn't complete darkness in the room because of the emergency exit lights etc.

This exists

That bassy segment right in the middle of grafenhainichen is just insane. What other live tracks have something like that? Are they basically all the same in structure and what elements are there?

This exists

Opinions on this little bugger?

It's a refreshing shift from Exai, while staying true in tone.
Better than MoT, that's for sure.

Honestly quite bad.
I mean, compared to everything else. On it's own it's still an interesting piece.

Almost perfect if it wasn't for Osla. Still need to let that one grow.

Osla is so cool though, and it samples Coil which is automatically a +1

One of the lesser items in the catalogue, alongside the oft-derided Peel Session 2.

But Autechre is like pizza. When it's good, it's really, realllly good. But even when it's "bad"....well, it's stillll-kinda-good!

Anyone been to the recent shows? Is there tour merch and if so what kind?

it's on slsk

you must be new here

some tour tshirts with two circles, a haswell tshirt, a skam(?) tshirt, the reissue vinly of amber tri and incunabula, we had cds too lego feet chiastic confield oversteps lp5 but no untilted exai or quaristice as far as i remember thats it

>the oft-derided Peel Session 2.
Wait, what the fuck? It's probably my favourite æ EP, I'm really surprised with this.

First three albums on vinyl (new reissues, iirc), most albums from this millennium on cd, some bland shirts, tour poster.

Lol, emergency lights bothered me two weeks ago as well, when I saw Swans. Æ were in this very small venue without such lights, so in their case it was fine. Was Šiška full when Æ played or...?

oh, I didn't realize this, and I've been getting into babby's first coil over the past year. I must re-listen now.

Yep, no memes. Peel Session 2 is often described by fans as one of the weakest items in the catalog; this isn't just an opinion that I hold, if you did enough for Autechre fan opinions on the catalog in general, you'll see this opinion pop up periodically. I do agree with the opinion but I"m not the only one saying it.

L-Event did strike me as a fairly weak EP, but for the reasons given above, I must have another crack at it.

Not to be cunty but I'll give my own comparative opinions, and some listening advice: if Peel Session 2 is your favorite "EP"* then you really need to listen to any of Envane, Anvil Vapre, Garbage, Move of Ten, again/a few more times. They all contain much better music. Even the original Peel Session is much better, all the way through, and covers a more interesting range of moods: machine-plaintaive wailing/foreboding, machine-evolving/growing, machine-droning/thinking (biological process?).

Anti is quite dated and is musically overshadowed by the political purpose for its release, but the tracks hold up fairly well and are charming for it. Flutter also is a very early example of Autechre's penchant to allow the closing track to very slowly fade out over the course of a few minutes, which tends to mentally suggest the weird machines grinding sadly to a halt, somewhere, or a Voyager probe pointlessly spinning off into space forever.

*I put "EP" in quotes not because I'm a cunt who likes to sniff his own queefs (okay a little bit of that) but even though it's pretty-much-yeah an EP, I personally don't consider it as an Autechre EP-as-such, just a radio session recording. This is hairsplitting on my part that has nothing to do with the music, just saying.

Tbh it's just my speculation that they sampled Coil, but the resemblance is uncanny. Listen to the percussion in sex with sun Ra and then listen to osla for n, very similar

excellent hat tip, thanks!

DID YOU KNOW: The sampled "YEAH!" dance-track noise in a very early Autechre track is the same one used in a Caustic Window track?

Compare

youtube.com/watch?v=cMXBo-LQRYk

with

youtube.com/watch?v=hEiUZHEehus

oh man that sample haha

I've just been back over L-Event and your suggestions about Coil tracks, and I fail to recognize similarities in timbre/passage/sampling. Care to give pointers?

At 2:40 in sex with sun ra part 1 the percussion is pretty isolated and a good reference point, in ae's track osla for n it sounds as if they took the section in the coil song and expanded upon it shifted up an octave

Nice to see someone else pick up on it.

Yep it was pretty full. And people were quite well behaved, so no assholes taking pictures with flashes or looking at facebook on their phones.

>assholes taking pictures with flashes
Yea I had some of these in Utrecht, fucking cunts.

mega.nz/#!QpkhiKoS!IGmgeuZr9yv3aDLJlp9JTu1icyLiaTrgdvlKYUpP84E

kek is this a new thing? i joined 4 or 5 yrs ago and it was free then. surely you only have to pay for a """premium""" acc?

nope, joyrex jewed out

Praise, thanks user

Thank you based user.

>it's real
what the fuck

Can I get a download for the second batch of ae live?

legend

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S61846160#p61848812

Anyone see them this tour? What's it sounding like?