Contrarian Hour

say opinions the vast majority of Sup Forums disagrees with you on

>Centipede Hz is an underappreciated gem and has more liveliness and energy than the dull wreck that is MPP. CHz is the best Animal Collective album in the sense of them working together as a band

Sup Forums is a place to discuss and enjoy music in mature, tolerant and well-informed terms.

Music really isn't that deep

ICP is not that bad

"Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!" and "Asunder, Sweet, and Other Distress" are GY!BE's best albums

Paul McCartney was better after the Beatles (up until Tug of War).

arcade fire is the most overrated band

ASAP Rocky is..actually a pretty good rapper

Twenty one pilots is not as bad as everyone here makes them out to be solely because they're popular and have a different sound than most popular artists, making normies label them as unique/original.

Scaruffi is right 100% of the times.

trash

NMH and Radiohead are dull

They have three songs which are okay. The rest are crap. I will admit it's catchy but plastic.

i like watching fantano's reviews and i feel he truly knows what he's talking about even though i sometimes disagree with him

I agree. I definitely like the way he describes albums in such a detailed manner.

underage

Music cannot be transcendental or life changing, people just say their favorite album is to defend it without making a real argument.

>Painting with is really good

>Drake's "Started from the bottom" has a god tier beat

New Order are 10x better than Joy Division.
Cocteau Twins are frankly boring.
Kanye went to absolute shit with TLOP.
Think Tank is the best Blur album.
Car Seat Headrest is cringey as fuck.

21:)

New Order is shit and only a couple of their singles are good.

all corect except blur sucks

I do not get this album at all. It does not click with me. Someone explain the appeal to me please.

How can you say that when every track on their 80s albums was good enough to be a single? You stupid fucking idiot fuck you

Too contrarian for you, hmm?

That's not true at all. Music can be life changing in the scense that it can bring out a new habbits and ways of thinking. Autechre for example has taught me a lot. How to meditate for one. Something that is vital in my life now

But I thought there were only 19...

Not to far off buddy. Say what you will about fantano, but the guy obviously gives every album multiple, thorough listens. He details the textures of sounds, the atmosphere, all in an entertaining manner. And all that meme shit is probably to gain views and make more money. Smart move on his part

every hour on Sup Forums is contrarian hour

Pop is overrated

Zauberberg is the best Gas album

not true, but ADBA is 9/10 (would've been a 10/10 if not those drone tracks) and ASAD is 10/10.
very overrated, but the most overrated bands are Led Zeppelin and Radiohead, it's just a fact f a m.

As an active fan of post-rock since 2003, I can say I never liked any of the Swans post-rock albums, they have their moments, but you could compile maybe 2 hours tops of good material from Soundtracks until The Glowing Man.

I've read about a dozen Dylan biographies and have come to the conclusion that the guy's more of a savant than a genius. He's also an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole a lot of the time.

Gorillaz is among the best bands of the 21st century so far

A Silver Mt. Zion is better than GY!BE

this, too

>Dubstep is shit, with the exception of one or two skrillex songs
>Coldplay are far better than Radiohead and, especially U2 (who are probably the worst band of all time)
>Blur's only good song is Song 2 and they really are talentless dickheads.
>Oasis is far better than Blur by a long shot and are the only good Britpop band besides Coldplay.
>Mumford & Sons and Imagine Dragons are actually pretty good and should be commended for being some of the few good indie bands who infiltrated the mainstream
>Music definitely has gone somewhat downhill and the shear quantity of music released nowadays means that good music is harder to find
>Trip-hop is shit (Even Burial and Massive Attack)
>Queen, PF, and The Beatles were really great bands and are probably the most influential artists of the 60s, 70s, and 80s.
>Nirvana was the second best artist of the 80s and the best artist of the 90s.
>UK Garage music is the best musical genre to be invented in the last 10 years and UK garage bands like the white stripes, the strokes, the libertines, and the arctic monkeys were defining bands of the decade
>I really don't like 'Oldschool' or 'newschool' rap music, but Gorillaz are the best rap group and one of the most creative and innovative bands of the 2000s
>I don't really like much any music released this decade except by established bands
>Metal is not for kids and is a great genre
>Most indie music like fun. and capital cities is crap for girls
>Electronic music isn't a talentless genre (See: Deadmau5, Disclosure, and Daft Punk) but most people who make it are talentless hacks and it barely counts as music
>Daft Punk are actually really good and are deserve to be famous
>I don't think that songs without singing are good
>I think jazz is boring
>I think people who still download or own digital copies of music instead of just using spotify and youtube are stupid. And I think people who still buy physical music are even worse and are hipsters

that last one is just dumbo retarded. Spotify has ads and youtube doesn't exactly have every song ever at high quality. I can't even believe you said this

I really don't like neutral milk hotel and I don't care for Radiohead

Sup Forums is such a shit board

/ic/ is the most pleb board

violent femme's s/t is just alright, hallowed ground is a 10/10 though

what lol

>Mumford & Sons and Imagine Dragons are actually pretty good and should be commended for being some of the few good indie bands who infiltrated the mainstream
>Trip-hop is shit (Even Burial
>UK garage bands like the white stripes, the strokes, the libertines, and the arctic monkeys were defining bands of the decade
>Electronic music isn't a talentless genre (See: Deadmau5, Disclosure, and Daft Punk) but most people who make it are talentless hacks and it barely counts as music
>I think people who still download or own digital copies of music instead of just using spotify and youtube are stupid. And I think people who still buy physical music are even worse and are hipsters

christ

you misspelled Sex Pistols

You haven't listened to enough dubstep to discern this.
>Coldplay are far better than Radiohead and, especially U2 (who are probably the worst band of all time)
Shut the fuck up
>Blur's only good song is Song 2 and they really are talentless dickheads.
Shut the fuck up
>Oasis is far better than Blur by a long shot and are the only good Britpop band besides Coldplay.
Shut the fuck up
REEEEEE
>Music definitely has gone somewhat downhill and the shear quantity of music released nowadays means that good music is harder to find
Music isn't hard to find
>Trip-hop is shit (Even Burial and Massive Attack)
'no'
>Nirvana was the second best artist of the 80s and the best artist of the 90s.
hahaha, no.
>UK Garage music is the best musical genre to be invented in the last 10 years and UK garage bands like the white stripes, the strokes, the libertines, and the arctic monkeys were defining bands of the decade
Shut the fuck up.
>I really don't like 'Oldschool' or 'newschool' rap music, but Gorillaz are the best rap group and one of the most creative and innovative bands of the 2000s
Gorillas aren't rap, they're black metal.
>I don't really like much any music released this decade except by established bands
Shut the fuck up
>Most indie music like fun. and capital cities is crap for girls
Depends on what you mean by 'indie'.
Shut the fuck up
>I think jazz is boring
agreed
Truth.

obviously underage

These and more

>Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites should be inducted into the Library of Congress' Recording Registry when it becomes eligible
>It's My Life is my favourite Talk Talk album, Laughing Stock is my least favourite
>I like Tweez more than Spiderland
>I genuinely enjoy Never Let Me Down and Tonight. They're not that bad and get treated far worse than they should
>I also enjoy listening to both albums more than the Berlin trilogy, the both of them are some of my most replayed albums
>Low is the least interesting of the trilogy
>I like Audio Video Disco and Cross on about equal terms
>The Mountain Will Fall is DJ Shadow's only bad album. Everything else he's made is about on par with Endtroducing, has their highs and lows
>Dirt's my least favourite of the Layne-era Alice In Chains albums
>The lyrics on Lou Reed's Transformer are terrible. Every rhyme made is predictable, it feels like listening to an audio book of Dick & Jane
>Unknown Pleasures sounds like it was recorded in a cave and feels like the musical embodiment of molasses, New Order is a much more interesting band
>Songs For The Deaf is one of the most draining albums I've ever heard. Listening to it physically hurts my head, I dislike everything about it. I can understand why others like it though

I like childish gambino. Well, only really Because The Internet.

Sup Forums is a good board

gtfo my board newfags

Contrarian dubs

ITT: We discuss our "Favorite" albums of all time.

Albums that are the most [spoiler]Overrated, Overplayed /rcore garbage[/spoiler] albums to ever grace our ears.

highlight the "best" part and what makes the album so perfect

Ill start

This is a true masterpiece of an album and is god tier in any standard. The composistions are so well written and are not stolen or repetitive at all. Freddie's crisp and not overrated crisp vocals give it a big boost. The highlight of the album is "Bohemian rhapsody", a song so catchy people probably don't listen to the lyrics, but they should, because they are the bestest of all time.

most of mu-core is pleb

Grimes is (opinion)

NICE ONE

My favorite song on Weezer's white album is Thank God for Girls

(agreed on all counts except for Cocteau Twins, HoLV and Four Calendar Cafe are both engaging albums)
I agree with these

terrible opinions

Here's a few:
> Painting With is a solid 7/10
> Feels is great but The Purple Bottle is one of the least interesting tracks on the whole album
> Bossa nova, funk, jazz-rock, soul, and R&B are collectively one million times more interesting than almost every single Sup Forumscore album
> shoegaze was ruined by Loveless because there isn't a single album that comes close to topping it
> Slowdive sucks
> TPAB is legitimately great and I pity those people who can't put their inherent biases and misconceptions aside and enjoy fun, well made music

and while we're on the subject:
> chart threads, last.fm threads, and RYM threads are the ultimate proof that this board does not love music. instead, it is fervently obsessed with trying to become the person with the most obscure albums appreciated under the frankly childish assumption that if they enjoyed it later in life or have seen lots of people like something, it simply cannot be good
> 95% of you have no taste, you simply steal obscure albums from remote parts of the internet and interlace them with Sup Forumscore and shit you find on essentials charts

I unironically love this record. It's 90s in the best possible way.

Honorable mentions go to Third Eye Blind's s/t and The Wallflower's Bringing Down the Horse. I'm sure Sup Forums will shit on all of these, but I legit enjoy them as great pop albums.

Also, Coldplay's first two albums are actually really good.

guys I think I killed the thread :(

>> chart threads, last.fm threads, and RYM threads are the ultimate proof that this board does not love music. instead, it is fervently obsessed with trying to become the person with the most obscure albums appreciated under the frankly childish assumption that if they enjoyed it later in life or have seen lots of people like something, it simply cannot be good

This is exactly why I stopped going on RYM threads tbqh. I wish it wasn't so gross.