Look, I 100% support the 2nd amendment and right to bear arms...

Look, I 100% support the 2nd amendment and right to bear arms. But other than killing a massive amount of animals or people, what would be a factual reason to manufacture and own a weapon of this caliber?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/#773ae81c5e01
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>assault.gif
>image of carbine

I know right, we should only have pic related as rifles

Home defense, good rifle

You mean of a caliber that is less damaging than 45 caliber pistol ammo?
Or of .357 magnum rounds for revolvers?
What about 12 Guage shot gun slugs?

It's a rifle user, a single shot, semi auto rifle.
>But it looks scary!
It's really not.

>home defense
bullshit, a handgun is sufficient for you paranoid fucks

Many americans argue for fear of a foreign invasion but given that they have the most powerful army in the world I dont ever see that happening

Keep my fucking tyrinical government in check. Keep the niggers away from my home and loved ones. And because it's in no way fishy that the department of homeland security bought 1.6 billion rounds of hallow point bullets.

all of what you mentioned is overkill for "home defense". a 9mm to the knees is enough, even a taser for fucks sake

Because the government does.

For freedom. We like owning guns.

Have you ever even played with a weapon before? If you haven't, then that explains the sand in your vagina.

Guns don't kill people. Guns aren't dangerous. People kill people. People put other people in danger.

Fuck off cuck.

>ITT
Fags who allow the media to tell them how to think.

I think its too late for the U.S. to put a ban on those machines given that they already have millions of them out on the streets. Also, the black market for assault rifles would grow as bad as the mexican drug trade

Also we argue to have this in case of a tyrannical government

Because I enjoy lubing it up with the tears of Eurocucks

Yes thatll totally stop mass killing. Like the boston bombings! Ban pressure cookers now!

>to the knees
Hello mr. Cod, how is your day living in ignorance?

>And because it's in no way fishy that the department of homeland security bought 1.6 billion rounds of hallow point bullets.
Sauce

Hey I own one of those. Great rifle.

>Hallow.

12GA shotgun with buck shot is the best home defense gun it'll destroy the person and not kill your neighbor with an errant shot through the wall of the house.

Why do you care which weapon i choose to defend my home with?

Because op is a sensitive liberal

You don't "shoot for the knees" in a home invasion there Skippy you shoot center mass or why bother shooting ?

>We like owning guns
>played with a weapon

Responsible gun owner detected.

This

More worried about my fubar government then any other.

Hahahaha, you stupid dummy. I imagine you think you're going to somehow keep your government in check with a semi-auto AR-15. Have fun with that drone strike, tank, jet, cruise missile. I'm sure your .223 is going to send a strong clear message to those tyrants. Also, those "hallow" point bullets supposedly being purchased by the department of HLS, you're right! They were. I'm in the Coast Guard, under the HLS and guess what? We have guns that require bullets, you dickbag. Oh, to your racism...let's see you shoot a "nigger", or anyone else for that matter, around your home/redneck(I assume), and see how fast you wind up in jail. FYI - long rifles in low calibers make terrible home defense weapons. Get yourself a cheap pump shotgun and stop basing your belief system around misinformation, racism and lack of education.

>tyrannical government
tinhat bullshit. USA is as tyrannical as it's ever gonna get.
>keep niggers away from my home and loved ones
again, handgun. this isn't gears of war
>and because it's in no way fishy that etc
yeah to kill madmen with AR's. that's their job.

Yeah because during the chaos of a home invasion, you're going to be able to place some rounds into the knee caps. Obviously you've never been in a situation like that. If I chose to defend my home with a fuckin .50 cal it should make no difference to you.

More concerned about you and your type hurting me than I am with the government.

The same factual reason that youd own one of these

Dont let the myth of the powerful government skew your opinions

forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/#773ae81c5e01

Sounds about right. People usually dont know what to fear until its too late

It will when your absurdly overpowered shots punch through the perp, out the wall, through my wall and into my kid's crib.

Aside from cosmetics, there's hardly any difference between the two.

First of all. I have to ask how much you actually shoot. Guns are not like movies, most people that buy for defense are not the best shot, shooting someone in the knee is difficult and can still kill them if you hit an artery. All long guns are shit for defense in my opinion, horrid idea to use it for home defense. Tasers can also kill.

That aside, what if the person attacking you is on drugs? It's well known that when people are on drugs that they sometimes become unable to feel pain, and will continue attacking until their body is physically incapable.

The question of the op is what factual (wrong word to use by the way) reason is their to manufacture and own one of these weapons.
Manufacture is simple and the reason is simply demand. People want guns, and that brings me to the why own one.
All types of people have tons of different reasons, personally for me, I'd own op's gun to train for my yearly qualifying shoot. If not that, I'd get it because shooting is fun, a test of skill. Yes guns can kill, but so can tons of other things we all use everyday. The main difference between guns and those items is guns are made to kill, so people see guns as bad instead of people.
A depressed guy goes and gets drunk, then runs someone over, it's his fault.
A depressed guy goes and gets high, then shoots up a school, ban drugs and guns!

I'm going off on a tangent.
Also yeah the other guys who replied to you hit the nail.on the head. Shits stressful

My 30'06 is way more dangerous.
So is my 12 gauge shotgun.
My .45 sidearm damned sure is.

Maybe the real problem isn't what kinds of weapons look and seem scary, but what kinds of people are getting them?

Maybe we should spend a little more time thinking about why some people are so badly broken, and how to identify them and get them the help they need?

The simple and seemingly obvious answers almost always suck. Quit thinking like a 5 year old child.

>Speaks as if the US isn't a police state and the time for revolution has long passed.

Oh it's definitely too late. Look how many guns you have already.

Bingo!

Is an over sized .22 it ain't that big. And the reason is to straight up kill people. Those people being the agents of a tyrannical government should the need arise.

Bu-ild ah Wall

Oh you. So funny, too bad humor wont stop the government from taking all your rights.

The need arose over a century ago, and Americans did nothing.

And in the meantime, handy for slaughtering people by the dozens.

Nice trips. And also, dead on. This guy gets it. Violent revolution is the solution.

k mabye the knees bit was stupid. thats on me
but seriously, someone breaks into your home, their not gonna be wearing a bulletproof vest, and even if they are theres always the head?

never held a gun in my life fuck what am i doing here

>implying the M4/C8 assault carbine isn't a thing
To answer OPs question, it is a safeguard against a tyrannical government. The absolute last resort to deal with a government that refuses reason and discrouse and can be dealt with only by violence. But in the meantime? It's a lot of fucking fun.

Neither will your guns.Look how fucked you already are. The only way we get our rights back is to take back the government, not sucking the NRA's cock.

low recoil and ease of use for smaller people, women, etc which allows them to use something accurate and reliable for home defense

because its the most common rifle in america

kek

Oh, I am aware of the ineptitude that runs rampant in our government. Our nuclear arsenal is run using 10" floppy disks still, the cryptography gear I use is from the mid 70's. Our general election, for fuck sake. However, there is still a great deal of killing power and surveillance that the gubbermint has at its disposal, and I guarantee that the dumdums in power wouldn't hesitate to drone strike any violent militias vying for an overthrow. Basically our government is like a big dumb, half-blind pit bull. It's probably not going to eat you, but it could if you give it reason.

>always the head
So your point about non lethal has just went out the window

Nice trips

I agree, but can't do much with a fat population more concerned with the voice then the state of the country.

I could kill lots of people easily with many methods, but guns "look scary" because they're carried by the greatest fighting force known to man. Don't be a faggot.

In b4 that song "guns don't kill people, I Kill people" by the same guy who sings e=mc vagina

>wanting to keep weapons=sucking nra cock
What?

Faggots.

Someone doesn't know how ballistics work.

Banning guns to stop gun crime is like banning food to stop obesity.

Problem solved, everyone dies faster.

The moment a drone strike happens on american soil, is the moment the government losses its people

Just realized you're a faggot? Sorry bud. Protip: stay out of the nightclubs for a while.

A rifle is much better at defending anything. Easier to control. Easier to aim. More stopping power.

never said non lethal, just not fucking overkill. you think those fucks in Florida would have killed so many people with handguns?

Look, I 100% support the 1st amendment and the right to free speech. But other than killing a massive amount of people or animals, what would be a factual reason to manufacture and own a book encouraging this level of violence, bigotry, and misogyny?

>i support arms
>but what about this specific arm?

Shill plz go

Oh no!

>Diamaco C8
Fuck off with your Canuck AR's

If someone broke into my home while I were away, the last gun I'd want my wife using is an AR-15. All the assailant has to do is wait until the barrel crosses the threshold of the doorway, grab it, rape, kill, and eat all my goddamn food.

Seriously, handguns suffice, but combat shotguns are the ultimate in home defense bang bangs.

I thought so to, but in the pursuit of trying to waken people to our situation. I have come to the conclusion that even drone strikes won't wake the masses. They are to far gone at this point.

Go awaaay

Yes.

>to the knees

Your thread SUCKS

Imply the middle east isn't doing exactly that, actually no they have less

I dont think so. Thats kind of a big wake up call

Its just you posting a thread. Go.

Zombie apocalypse.

yeah i fucked up i know deal w/it

What caliber do you think that is and what does it have to do with kill count?

>its trying to breathe
God I can't wait

Because I love hunting geese with one of these.

yeah because your wife would walk around the house tactically clearing it like a retard instead of just camping in her bedroom with the gun pointed at the door while on the phone with 911 like a normal person

and you are afraid of your wife using an ar15 but not a shotgun for some idiotic reason?

ar15 has just as much stopping power as a shotgun, and women or people who are recoil sensitive find it extremely easy to shoot compared to a shotgun

>still a one person thrread

Kill yourself faggot

Implying that our country isn't made up almost entirely of submissive, scared, morally and principally weak halfwits.

Americans are generally fat, lazy and dumb. They'll go along with what the TV says.

It's very clear that you've never handled a firearm. In a high stress, adrenaline pumping situation, you do not have the calm to place shots in specific places. You aim center mass and unload until the suspect drops. You shouldn't speak on things that you obviously have no clue about .

Yeah it would be to sane people that come to their own conclusion. But w what about the people that only eat up what the news tells them?

The news would make it out to be they stopped the latest mass shooting or some shit and the cost of the explosion was a small cost to the lives the mad men would take.

smartest post in the thread

>moral high ground and faggotry

Your thread sucks

Not the same person, but actually - my wife would do *exactly* that. Tactically clearing, room by room, I mean.
My wife is kind of a badass. And she never. misses. Not. ever.

look, fucker who posted here

never been in a home invasion situation, never been at a shooting range, never held a gun i live in scotland for fucks sake. just trying to comprehend why an assault rifle is necessary in a home invasion when ONE bullet is all that's needed. seriously i cant see why. fine, keep AR's but dont give me the home defense bullshit. we have to make do with blunt objects over here

Eh maybe

>biggest shill

cool story well tell her shes a retard, and so are you for encouraging it

Caliber?

It's a varmint rifle. .223/5.56 is a varmint round.

Nigger.

This thread blows

More people are killed every year by punching/kicking than from AR15(or all rifles combined for that matter).

>one bullet
>ONE
Jesus man, your ignorance is showing.

This guy is an idiot and wants to be raped