So he's basically the black captain beefheart?

So he's basically the black captain beefheart?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1o-kDk-O1H8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

corroborating that blacks do in fact do it better

Captain Beefheart is Bill Clinton tier white black guy though

a 3-way beefheard-exuma-zappa supergroup would've been amazing

I thought I was going to listen to some Caribbean innovative mystical freak folk shit instead I get pop-oriented tracks with a bit of zombie and voodoo gimmicks

its like Pirates Of the Caribbean 2 (indigenous island), too polished, too westernized

5/10 not bad but not transcendental neither

Sorry if it didn't click with ya pal. Maybe some day.

Nah exuma is far more accessible and interesting in my opinion than beefheart. Like he's coming from a folk music tradition unlike beefheart who just tried to sound weird.

I'M SHREXUMA

I'M THE OOOOOOGRE MAN

>poor grammar
>'pop' used derisively
>admits seeing pirates of the caribbean 2

shit taste

Listen to Exuma II. It's closer to what you described

>I've only listened to TMR from Beefheart;s discography

name an album that you would consider "Caribbean innovative mystical freak folk".

nice arguments
you know I'm right, you can't defend properly your first exotic album, kek

Which ones would you recommend then? Could you describe exactly what beefheart is if it isn't TMR?
But yeah you're 100% right there user.

>he doesn't like Pirates of the Caribbean 2

bruh, you're watching and referencing shit films while trying to justify yourself as some avant garde taste maker.
you're straight goofin

Safe As Milk and Doc at the Radar Station are the only other ones I've listened to, admittedly. There's weirdness in them, no doubt, but they're not as out there as TMR.

I don't know one
I was just hyped by people describing it like this

There's no reason to defend it really. You're right in saying that Exuma has some tracks would pop structures, namely The Obeah Man, Dambala, Mama Loi Papa Loi, and You Don't Know what's Going On

The reason it has such a mystical, traditional reputation is because of the percussion, which is one of the best parts about it imo, but I'm probably biased after a long time of playing traditional percussion.

Even so, it still lives up to reputation with Seance in the Sixth Fret, and The Vision. And people seem not to care about the groove in this album. Immediately, it starts with a crazy fun, crazy groovy track, and yet it still has this "mystical" reputation.

But like I said earlier, Exuma II lives up to that reputation much more than Exuma does, so listen to that

POTC 3 > POTC 2

You convinced me mate.

youtube.com/watch?v=1o-kDk-O1H8

this is better, IMO

he's looking at us