Wcan we have petition to make animal collective do a greatist hits tour?

wcan we have petition to make animal collective do a greatist hits tour?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6_gCzy7LY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck that I want another CHz tour with deak

nice try deak, your not fooling anyone.
now be a good goy and get back in your cage where you belong

pic unrelated

Animal collective is a terrible band live. They should stick to the studio because that's their strength (or used to be, they haven't done anything good since CHz).

Someone had to say it

This.

I saw them recently and while the concert was great it sucked that they couldn't play any songs from CHz or SJ.

no, but apparently you had to be the contrarian

not disagreeing but curious, what would you have them play

wrong opinions don't "have to" be said just because they are devil's advocates

The set list should consist of their absolute classics such as Winter's Love, Banshee Beat, April and the Phantom, Kids On Holiday, For Reverend Green, Doggy, Safer, What Would I Want? Sky, Alvin Row, and Brother Sport.

if deak really though CHz was doing something new and exciting he wouldn't have fucking left the band

STGSTV or Strawberry Jam

There is no Animal Collective album worth listening to all the way through besides Sung Tongs. This is literally a fact.

There were two good songs on Centipede Hz; Today's Supernatural and Applesauce. Everything else either sounds horrible or just sounds completely disjointed like they weren't really present with the writing and recording. They basically stagnated after the completion of ODDSAC.

This just seems like such a random pick to me. I love Sung Tongs but some of the things people say about it make me think they're talking about something else. Sung Tongs is a fun wacky freak folk album but it's not like their masterpiece or anything. The fact that it was as good as it is with just two kids fucking around with the rest of the band was off doing other things only shows how strong their creative energy was at the time and how they could do literally anything and it would be amazing. Still, Feels and Here Comes the Indian feel like more cohesive records to me. They create an environment that is exclusive to them.

really, no love for amanita
truly the unsung hero of the album that often gets overlooked because they quit at New Town Burnout which honestly is the beginning of the albums slump.

Feels > Sung Tongs

>Bees
>good

>tfw you didn't live in Madison, WI in April 2013
>tfw they cancelled the show the day of because Noah got strep throat
>tfw they rescheduled the show to six months later
>tfw they played effectively the closest thing they'd ever do to a greatest hits setlist

Setlist attached. I have a distinct memory of them playing Daily Routine as well but I've seen them twice so might be getting mixed up

Aren't they performing tracks from Spirit They're Gone and Danse Manatee now?

Nah, it sounds just as "whatever" as the rest of the album, it's just going for "epic album closer" status. Also I can tell that New Town Burnout is supposed to be the "good" song on the album, but the development is weak and strained. Instead of lending itself to what it achieves the way Animal Collective's best work does it attempts to break into being something else, which just makes it sound disjointed and unnatural.

It's an excellent interlude of sorts and is amazing on a sonic level. The world that that track creates is absolutely vivid. I honestly view Feels as a flawless album. What other people point out as flaws with that record I see as things that accentuate the experience.

>because Noah got strep throat
It was Dave you idiot, he's the one that gets sick and has throat problems and depression and such.

I want to see 'Who Could Win a Rabbit' live. And Floridada/Golden Gal.

Trust me, Feels is my clear #2, but Bees isn't redeemable in my eyes

what old songs would you guys want to hear live?
I'd like Meet the Light Child desu, but I'm not sure how that would work with their current sound. Winter's Love and April and the Phantom would be interesting too.

Bees and Daffy Duck are literally my favorite track off Feels. They fill me with such emotion...

The true dud of Feels is Flesh Canoe

Forest Gospel.

>forest gospel in painting with instruments

garbage

Listen to their new live albums if you're so sure. They're better than studio PW, which isn't bad

>Someone had to say it
people say that all the time, don't act like you're the first

considering the live percussion it could maybe become something really interesting, likely a dancey filler track like Natural Selection. it still likely wouldn't work too well like you said though.

>I'd like Meet the Light Child
this

youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6_gCzy7LY

Check out that Danse era performance. They play an unknown song, Runnin' the Round Ball, Lablakely Dress, and Meet the Light Child

If it has to fit with their current sound, I'd like to hear Taste. If it could be anything, I don't even know what I'd pick

I've listened to that live recording a fuckton, and every time it just makes me wish that it was higher quality. honestly it probably would've been pretty good on Hollinndagain. oh, and fyi Pumpkin's Hallucination is between the unknown intro and Runnin' The Round Ball in that recording, in case you didn't know.
good call on Taste too, it'd probably work great and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it considering I was just listening to a live recording of it earlier today.