Players who should no longer be called up by the US for competitive matches (in no particular order):

Players who should no longer be called up by the US for competitive matches (in no particular order):

Chris Wondolowski
Gyasi Zardes
Michael Orozco
Michael Bradley
Matt Besler
Graham Zusi

Any questions?

But Klinsmann is going to continue to call them up because he trusts them

Anyone who plays in MLS

Joke league

why are you retards so angry at MLS? this team overachieved with a lot of MLS players, besides brooks and wood no yuro based player separated themselves from the MLS players, stop cucking yourselves MLS isn't perfect but players dont become ''''worse'''' from playing in MLS

>Copa America 1995
Beat Argentina 3-0 and finish 4th place
>Copa America 2016
Lose to Argentina 4-0 and finish 4th place

muh MLS growth

>players dont become ''''worse'''' from playing in MLS

>Argentina 1995
did not have the best player in the world
>Argentina 2016
does have the best player in the world

Gyasi and Bradley can stay

Is the best player in the world a defender? He must have been since USA had zero shots the entire game

still haven't show me the alternative, would you rather we don't have a domestic league and send all of our players to Europe? Unlike you idiots some people actually go to games and dont watch from their couch every time

OP here, I never even said a thing about MLS but since you brought it up -

Orozco doesn't even play in MLS, he's just shit

Wondo is irredemably shit and should have never been called up to the NT outside of the Gold Cup, much less called up to a WC

Zardes is simply inept

Bradley has turned into a lazy fuck who doesn't have to try anymore to be successful, and yes that's what happens when you move from a European league to MLS. Stop kidding yourself

Besler has shown nothing to deserve playing as much as he has

Zusi is mildly more effective than his SKC teammate but not by much

And you think finishing 4th in a tournament held on your home soil is "overachieving?" Give me a fucking break, this isn't the World Cup where merely advancing from the group stages can be seen as a victory. Lastly, players who have played in Europe don't lose skills or whatever from playing in MLS, so you're right about that. But they become complacent. Guys like Bradley and Altidore who were basically guaranteed lifetime starting spots just for showing up don't have to work hard and compete to break into the first team anymore. If you don't think that has any effect on a player's motivation then you're the one cucking yourself.

how about have a league with 7-8 teams that all can actually pay players large salaries rather than 20+ going on 30 teams that are all poor

>you think finishing 4th in a tournament against Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina is overachieving

ummmm, yes?

yeah that exists, its called the NASL and they went 0-7 against the MLS feeder league last year. Once again what is the alternative? Are you personally going to dump millions into player development and salaries? Anyone who doesn't actively go to games in person will always have a shit opinion

>And you think finishing 4th in a tournament held on your home soil is "overachieving?
it actually is, considering most experts had the US losing all three games in the group stage

you mean it DID exist
the 80's NASL had no salary caps and ended up running itself into the ground

JUAN AGUDELO INTO THE MIDDLE EUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHLAAAAAALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CLINT DEMPSEY

U S A 2
CANADA NIL

>would you rather we don't have a domestic league and send all of our players to Europe?
No one is suggesting that, so I really have no idea what you're whining about. But if that's what it takes for the US to be consistently successful in the World Cup, then sure. Be honest with yourself, soccer casuals in this country only ever care about the World Cup when it comes around every 4 years. The Copa America isn't even a blip on the radar for them.

>Unlike you idiots some people actually go to games and dont watch from their couch every time
I have no idea what you're even trying to say here, is it that you'd be mad if you couldn't stand in the rain with 500 other fans to watch your favorite local team play on a Tuesday night anymore?

>experts had the US losing to costa rica AND paraguay

Zardes is actually semi-decent and has some potential.

Agree on the others tho

What were the scores when the US played Brazil, Chile, and Mexico in this tournament?

Is it really still overachieving when the only 2 teams on your list that the US actually played raped them to the tune of 7-0 goals, cumulatively?

yes, because of what most people ITT complain about
>team filled with mlels players
>people still thinking Costa Rica is the same team from the 2014 WC
>people thinking Paraguay is automatically better because they're in CONMEBOL

in hindsight, its easy to say the US had to qualify from they're group

Yeah I'm gonna need to see evidence of these "expert opinions" before I believe that statement. inb4 Alelxi Lelas

*their

>le pacey black winger with no first touch man
yes i believe those are great for english championship sides

The "experts" are probably Mexican sports writers.

the replacements for zardes, bradley, besler and zusi are much worse.

you're retarded.

>lalas
do you expect that homer to actually have a pessimistic prediction regarding the US. I actually think he was one of the few who said the US makes it out of the group

He hates Klinsmann. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he was pessimistic, either in private or public, just for that reason alone.

he hates the coach, but he always talks about the US overachieving when no one expects anything for the NT, like in this tournament.

Hell, I'll give you the others, but you can't sit there and tell me John Brooks is "much worse" than fucking Besler. Retarded indeed.

Zusi and Bradley played well at the WC desu

We have a soccer team? Huh. News to me.

This

>Bradley can stay
Bob please go

>best player in the world

you mean best EVER.

Bradley lost the ball in midfield vs Portugal and I knew we'd get scored on right that second. He should have just kicked it to the corner instead of giving it right to the other team.