What are some mysterious bands/musicians? I mean groups where no one knows any personal details about them

What are some mysterious bands/musicians? I mean groups where no one knows any personal details about them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IlHSOhKn4HY
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/limbo_district/all_known_recordings.p/
youtube.com/watch?v=vPd5oLhCcpw
imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt2833768/
youtube.com/watch?v=31ziDxbcSj8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Death Grips

I saw Atsuo buying a slice of pizza before a gig in Denver. Really took the mysticism away.

what up denver famalam

were you going to go see them play pink at the bluebird before they cancelled?

the only information available about them anywhere is about a 5 minute mention of them in the documentary Athens, GA: Inside/Out

i'd love to be proven wrong about that

i'd also love to hear their music beyond the 4 songs in Carnival

I moved out of Wash Park years ago and haven't been to a show in town in years.

I saw them when I was living there at the Marquis. The stage there is so low and there's no barricade so everyone (not even that crowded) was jammed to the front and they had the fog machines going full blast. It was like being trapped in a cloud, physically being pounded by Boris since they were so loud. It was so fucking good. Easily one of my favorite shows.

>I saw them when I was living there at the Marquis.
Living in Denver, not the Marquis lol

i figured it was the show at the marquis when you said you saw him getting pizza

Residents clearly belongs to that group

anyone seen them live? really killed the mysterious aura around them for me, plus i didn't dig their sound at all

keiji haino

les rallizes denudes

were boris ever mysterious?
they're pretty socially active online

What's so secret about Boris?

I saw The Residents live as well, I dont understand how seeing them live killed the mystery. I think them recognizing and naming older songs reminded me how old they were, but the singer never broke from the Randy character and i'm still not convinced Randy isnt a real person.

yeah they kept characters and all but idk man, besides the theatrical aspect of the costumes and integrating videos to form some sort of narrative, the rest was pretty conventional in terms of a live rock performance, and that kinda killed it for me. like seeing bob pointing up with his finger to indicate the sound dude that the guitar was too low made me feel "wow, this guys face the same stuff any other rock band does".

i dunno, knowing them only through albums and the myths around them worked differently for me

New album when?

I thought they were more serious until I saw them live, they are pretty cool and the fact that they are so incredibly chill makes me love Boris a whole lot more.

Hearing him saw "Thanks, man" with his heavy japanese accent when he got his slice made me smile. He's also really short but bangs the fuck out of that gong.

Boris does a lot of interviews. And their live persona is actually kind of bro-metal. They're not mysterious, just exoticized by dumb americans.

Yeah, in that the live show is kind of a bummer. It's just not that good, and it doesn't even feel like it has the residents aesthetic. The documentary makes it clear who the residents actually are irl, but I'm sure the hip fans already knew that.

A few black metal bands follow this trope.
Ythogtha
Black Cilice
--- (literally the name)
Until recently little was known about Leviathan, Striborg, and Xasthur, then Noisey tracked them down and interviewed them.

Huh, this is very interesting. Thanks for mentioning it. The music is definitely under heavy No Wave era New York influence. Very good production for literally being a DIY soundtrack rip from an ancient tape.

Since they apparently have connections to Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, you could try hunting down some of the old members of the band to see if they know anything. Lydia Lunch would be the best option if she weren't a pretentious cunt who refuses to talk to people.

You could try emailing the guy who made the Carnival short too, but he's a million years old and probably doesn't remember.

It's not the goslings, they never made lives

They have exactly one song on this guy's recording of an old radio show.

youtube.com/watch?v=IlHSOhKn4HY (@35:46, go back a few seconds to hear a brief monologue on the band that reveals nothing of interest)

Lots of other no-name oddities as well.

Me.

Like 90% of bands from any genre that isn't pop, indie or rap.

This is very interesing. Thanks, user. So they never released anything officially?

Also, just to clarify, I think the song title in that video was "fetish this", which does not seem to appear in the complete recordings bootleg shown here on RYM:

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/limbo_district/all_known_recordings.p/

So, unless that track was in the Carnival film, I think user may have found a new track by the band. Good stuff, kind of reminds me of Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, that whole Californian indie scene, along with an obvious heavy No Wave influence like said.

Jandek
Les Rallizes Denudes
Lots of cult classic musicians from before the 80s

hello fellow self mythologizing unknown musician

Mizutani?

Pretty much every musician from the 60s and 70s in SEA.

Cambodia had a huge garage rock scene, but most was destroyed by the Khmer Rouge, and musicians were a targeted group of people for execution. Very few of them survived.

Myanmar, Laos, etc. also had scenes, but very little is documented of them.

Thailand is the only country in the area whose historical scenes got any real documentation, though language barriers make it hard to access for people who don't know Thai.

correct

Mr Fantastik
youtube.com/watch?v=vPd5oLhCcpw

Also Pebbles The Invisible Girl

What documentary are you referring to?

there are some odd rumours though

Not the guy you quoted, but this is the documentary:
imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt2833768/

some ppl say they are both gay

Does anyone know anything about Takashi Mizutani (Les Rallizes Dénudés) aside from rumors? I really enjoy The Residents and I thought that Les Rallizes Dénudés would be interesting, even though they have a totally different approach. I'm intrigued to say the least. Are there any documentaries? Is he even alive?

well we know dean is an alt-right uncle tom

I remember seeing them at a small gig with Sunn O)))

Before the gig Atsuo was inline waiting for a beer, intently concentrating on the amount of money he needed , only to realise that he didn't need to pay at all because the bar had him covered.

Never saw wata outside of the stage though , she's the rarest of pepes.

They're also tiny humans.

Supposedly they all lived in the same house.

all known recordings is only the songs in carnival

The mystery thickens on Limbo District. Their last.fm page lists 13 or 14 unique songs, only 5 of which we've found. Is it possible that people are putting songs that don't actually exist into the system, or do they have music we don't?

that iron lung thing is totally bogus if that is what you are referring to

>tfw you'll never give Wata a hug

Does anyone have any pictures of Wata smiling?

I'm convinced they dont exist

>Do we know anything about Takashi Mizutani

He was a JRA supporter (plane hijacking terrorists), a nihilist, a solipsist, and that he didn't like people. Apparently, he'd go home straight after shows without talking to anyone.

>Are there any documentaries

The Ethan Mousike tape was an attempt at making one by a French guy who was obsessed with the band before they got any international recognition at all. The best he could get was a concert recording.

>Is he even alive

He approved the mastering of the Naked Diza Star boxset a few years back.

Even better before he started performing live.

Fucking this. You think you know Death Grips? Dead. Fucking. Wrong.

Thank you for the information. I never thought I'd enjoy noise rock, but there's just something about them... The fact that so little is known about their lives makes them definitely more interesting. Are there any similar and interesting (not necessairly noise rock) Asian bands worth checking out?

Fushitsusha

Yee

this spooky fuck
there is also almost to no info about other LRD members

How much do people actually know about Buckethead other than his name?

Has anyone actually seen him live?

he plays live pretty regularly

My dad's old bandmate owns a studio in California and Buckethead talked to him about recording there. He wasn't in costume or anything. My dad's friend said he seemed pretty nerdy, but a nice guy.

what rumours?

the Noisey doc is very interesting. the interviewer is actually the main member of the band Wrekmeister Harmonies, who are amazing if you haven't heard them.

Those are the black metal bands that make me like the genre, they ACTUALLY have some weirdness and mystery to them and aren't just relying on old tropes and cliches. Paysage D'hiver is another favorite of mine.

This is super interesting, tracking down info on this band would be a cool thing to try and do. are they from Athens GA? that's where I live; I don't know if that would make it any easier to find info on them but it would be fun.

lel
youtube.com/watch?v=31ziDxbcSj8

There is a documental about ASMZ.

>one member has done a single video interview, which tells nothing about the actual band
>checkmate

Stop with this faggotry.
There is a doc where they follow Efrim and his bandmates on a tour.
Also, the local scene is well documented.

that they recorded an ep in an abandoned mental institute, and something about their old drummer dying but no one outside the band is really sure

I would love any info on these guys, they reeased two albums, had a bunch of literaryreferences with their work, then disappeared off the face of the earth

Yarahiro Green.

Burial I guess

is that Bjork on the right?