Mfw Radiohead is literally just pop music

Mfw Radiohead is literally just pop music

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_rock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>kid a (the song)
>pop

Thanks so much for this I been looking all over for this pic. Um yeah more like alt-rock/ pop rock. They are sort of poppy musically at least in terms of their songs structures. which could be straight forward verse-chorus-verse.

Radiohead is, indeed, within the realm of popular music.

Thanks for playing

No, they are an alt-rock or art-rock band.

>alt-rock
>art-rock
Literally synonyms for pop music that makes hipsters feel better about themselves

they only sound special when you are getting into music and you don't know that they are basically a watered down version of different waves of more experimental music (aphex twin's "idm", can's work, etc) lmao

Oh ok so you're that pretentious faggot that listens to classical and jazz, then labels anything else that isn't in his taste of music pop.

Kill your family and then jump off a bridge, you and your kind cannot live in this world.

>Literally synonyms for pop music
Literally not
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_rock

>implying
And I'm pretty sure only movie villains listen to classical music lmao

i know this is bait, but popular music isn't necessarily pop music

mfw pop music is good

This mentality has always confused me

One of the things I respect the most about Radiohead is their willingness to push their admittedly mainstream audience, as well as their consistent success doing so

I discovered so much cool music because of this band--I have no idea how that's a negative

Yeah Oasis is not good.

OP is right

did you expect something else?

>Equivocating this hard

ooh I'm steamed. Well done bait, mate.

I mean yeah. I don't think Radiohead fans are unaware of this. I could be wrong though. I mean they've been in movie trailers and played endlessly on the radio and I would guess they've been in a commercial or two. They are indeed popular and have Radiofriendly songs. Albeit more abstract and weirder than most rock acts, but still listenable and enjoyable to most people. The Beatles and Nirvana are good examples of this. Just because PreppyGuy25 doesn't like it doesn't mean it isn't pop.

>tfw 90% of all music is pop music

they really aren't though

Yeah but they're good so who gives a shit about labels

die
die
live

They're great yeah but they're not like some boundary-pushing uber-experimental band like some of their fans make them out to be.

Honestly I think they're way too big for their own good. I mean King of Limbs is fucking brilliant but a lot of their fans hate it just because they don't appreciate the intricacies of the rhythms that they've put together. It's quite sad really.