What smells trigger the best/worst memories for you all? I'm curious - for me the best is baked bread...

What smells trigger the best/worst memories for you all? I'm curious - for me the best is baked bread, fresh out of the oven. Reminds me of D&D back in high school at Subway.

Worst is cat pee. Fuck that awful horrible smell.

OP here - I also love the smell of diesel exhaust for some reason. Don't know why.

The smell of a girls muddy feet in 3Rd grade as she pushed them on my face gave me my foot fetish

For me the best is cotton candy. Reminds me of the years I worked in a circus. Some of the most fun times of my life...

For worst, any kind of sterile hospital kind of smell.

Hospital smells make my wife and brother both sick, too. They get nauseous just walking into one.

Damn I love the gas station smell.

Damn I hate the smell of Medicine.

Smell of rope.

Being outside on an especially humid day with the airy smell of cigarettes and garbage. Reminds me of when I was younger being trapped during family get together down at this shitty lake we used to visit during the weekends being eaten alive by flies and awful family arguments coupled with domestic abuse.

Reminds me of that helpless feeling of wanting to leave but being unable to. Since I live in this shithole of a state that is Missouri, I frequently encounter extremely humid ass days coupled with garbage and cigarette smoke.

Best smell? I guess a cool winter morning as it's snowing before your nose gets stuffed up. Especially early morning. It's so quiet and it just smells peaceful somehow, can't describe it.

That'll Maek Kys easier then faggot

Shut the fuck up summer

It was the low hanging fruit user, give me a break

Best: the mix of pine and sage in hot, arid climates.
Worst: medicine smell. Cat pee's right up there, and that means boxwood (a shrub), which smells like cat pee to me.

One of the ingredients in Starbuck's instant coffee singles to make it more full in flavor is blackcurrant, which, when it gets stale, smells EXACTLY like cat pee - Try it sometime, let some instant coffee just sit in powder form for a couple months and then mix it in some water.

Real talk. The smell of dank. Shit brings me way back to the time I used to get wasted and super high with my girl friend in her garage. To all the times me and friends got high walking around the suburbs. Or when we went up north to trip on acid in the woods. It really is the ultimate trigger. Cut grass is another amazing one. Reminds me when I used to cut lawns for money during the summer months as a kid.

Spent Castrol 10w60 from the M3.

It is the most foul-smelling shit there is. So bad you can taste it.

I use a different deodorant every year, so my life is now split up into years.

Playboy Vegas though

Small continuation; the smell of the ocean. This was about 7-10 seconds walk from my front door.

Only downside was that when I started collecting replica guns as a hobby, the ocean air fucking fouled them up in days. Still, life was good.

Best smell: weed and nag-champa incense
Worst smell: human shit

I love the smell of the ocean, the salty air. Reminds me of when my mom was alive when I was little and we used to go to the beach.

A smell that I hate is the one of fat people who smell like.. lard or I don't know. I don't like fat people.

Best: the smell in the air after a lightning storm.
Worst: burning skin

The smell of the ocean brings back my times in the navy. Nothing is more intense then getting jets prepped for aerial battle. Thinking about waving them off now gets my blood pumping. The best smell to me is gasoline. An odd one maybe, but It brings me back to all the times I've pumped gas for my parents during childhood. To my first car. And to the vehicles on the flight deck. Granted jet fuel smells differently.

My favorite smell is the heater when you first turn it on. Reminds me of childhood christmas time.
My most hated smell is asshole. No joke. My sister used to stick her fingers in her ass and touch my stuff (backpack, pillow, pencils, N64 controllers) because she thought it was funny.