Unpopular Opinions

Unpopular Opinions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G0LIO138Z-A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bullet For My Valentine > My Bloody Valentine

why though? slowdive were literally MBV wannabes and did nothing as good as them. their songwriting is bland and sticks to common pop progressions and (souvlaki) is only redeemed by enos work on it.

i mean, i love to listen to slowdive every now and then, but thats a pretty Frickin' bold statement to say theyre better than MBV.

wow someone on Sup Forums thinks mbv is overrated? tell me more

>
>their songwriting is bland and sticks to common pop progressions
You literally just described Loveless.

I agree on this though

loveless isnt groundbreakingg when it comes to progressions, id agree but at least it isnt literally just I-vi-IV-V the entire song (machine gun)

whether you like mbv is a matter of opinion, but i cant see how slowdive could be better than them in any way.

Bullet in the face>My Bloody Valentine

Pygmalion>Loveless

ITT incorrect opinions

this isn't unpopular, a lot of us feel this way.

Loveless>Susurrate>Souvlaki>=Pygmalion

9/10

Best Skinny Puppy album.

Nowhere is the best from the holy shoegaze trinity and loveless is the worst.

literally mediocre britpop

But it's better than Loveless

no i didn't

Damn

shoegaze sucks

y tho

that's actually a popular opinion here. mbv is the iconic shoegaze album and Sup Forums loves being contrarian (although in this case it's a reasonable stance)

for early artists in such a small genre, they are completely different bands. besides, it's mbv who stick to the common pop progressions. it's no coincidence that they came back 20 years later with loveless 2.0, while slowdive's next album was more like an ambient version of talk talk's post-rock.

as for souvlaki vs. loveless, at their core the songs on souvlaki are better pop songs, but they are both pop albums. as far as texture, they're completely different - loveless is noisier, souvlaki is essentially dream pop

*loveless is the iconic shoegaze album

everything metal related, done after around 2008 is shit

>there are no more riffs, everything is used

Loveless is the album that ruined shoegaze, from then on shoegaze meant droning guitar with female voice singing over it.

The songwriting ability went out the window,

New Order > Joy Division

no question about it

>MBV
Created their sound through actual technical mastery of the guitar, and the resultant noise is so much more powerful
>Slowdive
LETS JUST PUT 5 REVERB PEDALS OVER EACH OTHER
SO EMOTIONAL HOLY SHIT

Motörhead sucks

I didn't realize this was a Correct Opinions thread

Centipede HZ > MPP

But souvlaki is way more than just technical mastery of the guitar, apart from that loveless doesn't have much else.

this

I own both of those albums on CD. I wouldn't listen to either willingly at this point in my life. It was cool in high school. Now I listen to music that has more depth like John Coltrane, or popular classical music.

so now you are 24 or something?

Nah slowdive rely on their "trippy as fuck" soundscape and their songs dont have much else going for them. MBV use the noise a huge draw, yes, but there are so many more details in the music to justify it. You can tell it was meticulously planned out from start to finish

HTT > OK Computer

Darchon > Darkspace

>everything in [genre] after [year] is shit
lmao this never holds true

this was bait so obvious that it was intended for people who agree with his stance and you still took it. kys

youtube.com/watch?v=G0LIO138Z-A

this is better than any song mbv ever recorded

this

mbv is shoegaze for people who don't actually like shoegaze and that's fine because shoegaze is shit

these opinions are pretty sucky so far, let me kick things up a notch:

Swans are basically Sonic Youth for special snowflakes, SY were nearly always the superior band in terms of experimentation and the more entertaining band to listen to, outside of a couple Swans albums.

Fugazi is pretty mediocre

While Swans are atrocious SY are not much better.

>Fugazi is pretty mediocre
>SY are not much better
disgusting

>someone out there has taste this shit
really makes you think desu