I don't understand why Amerifags don't want guns banned...

I don't understand why Amerifags don't want guns banned? We don't have them here in England and there are no mass shootings.

In the early 90's in Australia right after the Port Arthur massacre guns were banned and there hasn't been a mass shooting since.

I constantly see arguments that redneck Americans put forward about wanting guns to protect themselves against those sorts of people that do the mass shootings.

Has a civilian carrying a firearm ever stopped a mass shooting in America? Genuine question I have no idea. Regardless, I don't really care if you ban them. Keep getting yourselves killed by being too pig headed to admit guns are the problem for all I care, I feel nothing except self amusement as an outsider looking in at how retarded your citizens are.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monash_University_shooting
youtube.com/watch?v=n1wV3lmbSv4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Has a civilian carrying a firearm ever stopped a mass shooting in America?
many times

OP, no one gives a fuck about what you personally feel about this country or that country's policy on this or that so stop blogging about it.

Its just something about the culture. Its the same with the speedlimit on the Autobahn here in Germoney, its against every logic, still people insist on it. They see it as something like a bit personal freedom, it's been always like this.

Furthermore how do you wanna ban guns in a country like the USA? If u really think its as easy as saying "yo niggers gib me ur guns or ill take em" you are very naive. And a law that would forbid guns would simply bring up a huge black market. You have to take em step by step and teach in school etc how dangerous guns are.

im gonna buy more guns just to spite you

And why did someone has to stop them?

>nobody cares
>cares enough to post a status that informs us that he doesn't like the view and wants it gone

If you didn't care, you'd hide the thread and move on, you cuck.

What you have to understand about people who commit crazy acts of gun violence is that a ban on weapons won't stop them. They're already committed to breaking the biggest rule in the book, so why would they care about a felony weapons charge? All this would do is limit to possibility of self defence for the victims. I'm English too mate, but it doesn't take a genius to add 2 and 2 together and realise that these attempts at banning more and more weapons has nothing to do with saving lives, it has everything to do with getting the upper hand over the American people. Use your logic lad.

dat samefag tho

OP, whilst quite possibly a fag, does have a point in that - the presence of guns can surely make some people more inclined to use them..

But even so, we as onlookers shouldn't fear death, because life can end at any instant no matter where you are. And yet, the people who lose their friends because of someone else anger, can quickly turn to the same revenge and the world is slowly lost to monsters

Receipts pls

Unarmed Australians managed to stop a shooter.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monash_University_shooting

>implying that one case is representative of mass shootings generally and wasn't just a stroke of amazing good luck

Just sit back and laugh at us, Nigel. Be thankful you don't live here and call it a day. It's kind of like how we sit back and laugh at you guys for being overrun with muslims. The truth of the matter is your problem isn't as bad as we perceive it to be and 99 out of 100 people here don't even think about gun violence affecting them in their day to day lives.

Is it abhorrent and tragic when it does happen? Sure it is. Do I own a gun? Nope. Do I think it will ever affect me? Nope. But if it does you can have a giggle over a cup of tea and be thankful once again that you don't live here.

OP here, I like your approach there user, was something original at least.

Op ask for proof, gets proof. Stop hating

This is coming from an outsiders perspective, im a beaner not a mexifag tho. The united states is a pretty amazing country. I cant believe it has lasted this long. The main issue is not "guns" but the clash of cultures in the country. My country has 2 fucking races and we struggle with racism. The U.S has a fuckload and now a large influx of new radical ideologies are coming into it. These cultural differences will lead to either forceful assimilation of the incoming parties or the U.S will cuck themselves and become an islamic nation. Godspeed Trump. You will represent the retaliation of the right against the insane regressive PC left who are willing to put the lives of their own to protect terrorists.

>"proof"

>implying a response equals giving a shit
>maybe he just likes putting people down
>like we all do
>like you just did

i wouldnt say the entire reason america has its problems is because of the cultural diversity but you are right about the regressive left. its crazy to believe that i once thought like they did and had the "i dont care" attitude. unfortunately i feel like cultures will always clash as they always have, but because the left only continues with this "rape culture and racism is a HUGE problem" thing the cultures will never assimilate

You know what, why don't we legalize rape and drugs. Since the people that are going to do it are already committed.

Point is the guy was able to buy guns legally with known terrorist connections and a criminal record.
Anyone who doesn't want universal background checks is downright retarded.

As an Australian, I feel there wasn't enough of an established gun culture at the time of the buyback after Port Arthur to allow a large black market to develop. The same cannot be said for the current state of the USA.

I do agree with the concept of having access to guns making it more likely to result in their use, similarly, restricting access would have stopped at the very least a handful of shootings, where the killer would have otherwise been unable to access a gun.

Also, the concept of good guys with guns stopping violence still results in at least one person dead, which seems ethically retarded from a country so obsessed with freedom.

This. Brilliant analogy user.

Decriminalising drugs would slightly un-fuck the prison situation in the US at least

Oh, I'm all in favour of checks, anyone with common sense is. Bans, on the other hand, I don't really agree with.

How else are you supposed to kill monkeys?

The problem is in the equality of niggers imo.

Got the makings of a nice strawman there, user. That's not what that reasonably well informed britbong was saying and I think you know that.

Also, rape and "drugs" aren't protected under the Constitution where as the right to bear arms is. I happen to live in Washington as well and we legalized weed not too long ago. Not a pot smoker myself but as far as I can tell, nothing has really changed besides a small uptick in snack food sales.

There's too many guns in the US for a ban to be anything but laughable. Sure ban the sale of assault rifles, is Billybob from Arkansas gonna give his back though? Doubt it, the cat's out the bag and you're never getting that fucker back in, the guns are out there, all you could do would be slow the sale of new ones. Honestly I think the only realistic option for the US is to go the other way from gun control and actually require ALL citizens to carry at all times, so your man in Orlando has a try and gets shut down instantly. Everyone has a gun against everyone else's head at all times so no one shoots first, I can't see anything else working personally.

>Legalize drugs

Well we should. Countries which have show a massive decrease in drug usage. And why should people be locked up for using drugs anyway?

the guy worked for a security detail that gets contracted out, he had all the legit licenses necessary, he didnt just walk into a store and come out with a gun, that being said, the backround checks thing should be exclusively on people with a history of mental illness, anger/violence issues, or people with known connections. it is not as easy as you say it is to simply give backround checks on every single person that wants a gun, gun laws vary throughout states and florida is one of the more lenient ones, you cant just say lets backroud check everybody with a history of shit and the problem is solved, its more complicated.

Yeah I second this. No one with out a death wish is even gonna draw

A highschool student won't go looking for guns off some druglord. He sees a gun at home and grabs that, he probably would never have shot up the school if he didn't have a gun right at home.

Too many guns in America. Can't ban them. It's too late for us. It's going to be the Wild West here forever so deal with it. We do....

Kekkes

If there were no restrictions on rape, then we'd see a lot more rape in the US. If there are no restrictions on guns, then we will see a lot more shootings. We put bans/restrictions on things to keep them from happening. If a ban was put on guns, then you could bet your life there would be MUCH less gun violence and shootings. Now I'm not all for completely banning guns, but we need heavy restrictions to prevent another mass shooting.

every person carrying a gun would be a disaster. you are saying give everybody with histories of violence and mental issues a gun and lets just give every black person a gun even though they commit crimes at a fucking ridiculous rate compared to every other group. also if we dont give those mental/violent people guns then everybody else will have a gun and what if that mental person wants to defend themselves from somebody even though they are not violent. banning all guns is not an option, neither is giving everybody a gun. the solution is get rid of the fucking terrorists and install some system for screenings on mental health.

Irrelevant to the topic.

They succeeded in implementing gun laws in Ireland even though everyone already had a gun, nowadays no one here does.

That's literally how it worked in ausfailia m8. The government bought the guns off people. It was within like 6 months of port arthur from memory. I was in like year 5 at the time.

>I don't understand why Amerifags don't want guns banned

How would you know who's the fucking shooter if everyone starts firing in a nightclub?

(Non mass) Shootings are on the rise in Australia. By bikie gangs that are mostly composed by people from a certain part of the world now. The same certain part of the world that keeps popping up in all these stories for no apparent reason.
But don't mention it.

Circular
Firing
Squad

As an Australian I'm convinced it was a conspiracy. An inside job mass shooting so they can get Trump in to power with his anti Muslim laws. I say good. Fuck the Muslims. Our weak as piss government is too scared to stop the fuckers migrating here. Hopefully America won't allow it to happen.

OK, so don't arm the obvious crazies, but apart from that it's better than your idea of "get rid of the fucking terrorists and install some system for screenings on mental health" because >implying that's not what's all ready in place and so obviously failing everyone you retarded shitlord.

>and there are no mass shootings

And yet there is more violent crime per capita than in the US. I wonder why that is.

I agree with you to an extent. I don't think there are that many people out there who go "gee, if rape weren't illegal, I'd do it all the time" I think most people don't because it's wrong or fear the repurcussions/retaliation from someone else. But I'm sure there are some who don't because it's illegal.

But simply having/owning a gun isn't a crime. It's the act of shooting someone. Granted take away the device and it's much more difficult to commit that act. But then you punish all of the people who act accordingly and lawfully with their guns.

I pretty much agree with you on your points, even the heavy restrictions part. I just think you're presenting your argument a little oddly.

Source then

UK, Japan, Australia are essentially island countries. Much easier to keep out smuggled firearms for the criminals.

>so they can get Trump in to power

violent crime =/= mass shooting

fuck of I am not even american and I dont think they should ban guns. worry about your own shit britfag like whereever or not to leave the eu or if you should let omar or ahmed fuck your gf tonight.

Irish and American gun cultures are/were different though, Americans worship the firearm almost as much as Jeebus, in Ireland it was a tool used to achieve and end. Your IRA boys these days are still carrying, so it's not as successful and you think

Cmon mate, it's been a relatively civil discussion so far which is a rarity on /b. Don't ruin it just yet.

banning guns is pointless, also impossible

first.. watch this video..
youtube.com/watch?v=n1wV3lmbSv4

its pretty fuckin easy to hide a box of bullets somewhere.. if you obtain it.. bury it in a waterproof box.. oh.. you came to take the guns out of the house? Well i have 2000 rounds.. And some steel pipes.. and some nails to fire the bullets

Also because foundries easily be made with under 100$ worth of materials.. of which you cant outlaw because there is no legal reason to..
YEP! lets ban nails.. Lets ban metal.. Metal can be fashioned into a firing pin striker.. Even rocks.

take a look at this pic.. posting next pic in 1 sec

England did u know that cigarettes kill more in a year than guns kill in a decade? Why u no ban tobacco?

Yeah, we understand that. But they won't have access to hi-tech military style weaponry, which is what all you fuckers think you need. Americuck Mudslimes won't to kill people when they are emo. guesss what, your emos change. It would help to have better laws that make it hard for the Omars of the world to not have these kinds of weapons when they are all emo and on watch lists..etc. Anywya, I'm cumming to america soon and i'm terrified of you people. I'll not stay very long or just hide in my hotel all day and night.

do you think the laws you have make total sense and should not be changed?

some chick went amok with a short sword some time ago. some dude with an axe. sure the score is lower but life finds a way.

I hope you die while you're here, judgmental pussy.

That's too bad, user. Depending on where you're going I'm sure you'd have a nice time. I know you think that it happens all the time and all over the place but it doesn't. The media may want you to think it does but in my time on this earth as a US citizen I have never feared for my safety. I live in a major metropolitan area too.

what the fuck is wrong with you autistic fucking idiots that insist that you know the obvious solution without having any facts at all.
>dont arm "obvious crazies"
>implying that there are mental health screenings already in place when there isnt
>shitlord
>lets give everybody a fucking gun because guns are toys
user i dont know if you are retarded but i think you may

>unintelligent brit tries to compare the UK to the USA

post your cucked opinions on the lad bible then kill yourself. You cannot simply ban all guns in america, there is too many, it is too big a part of culture, and it wont stop guns being sold, because banning things doesnt stop people obtaining them. Then the guns are solely in the hands of criminals and gun crime skyrockets because of their new found bravado (because they know nobody else has a fucking gun)

Plus guns arent the reason people go on rampages. What damage they cannot do with a gun, will be done with knives/bombs/etc

The US states with the tightest gun control laws have the most gun crime

Of course. I see what you're saying. People have morals, and most of the time the average gun owner wont commit a mass shooting. But some people's hatred goes beyond morals or they just flat out don't have any. And there will ALWAYS be that one guy that just snaps and goes apeshit.

If you read my whole post you'd know that I was English, not American. There's no difference between a simple Glock or a "military grade" "assault rifle", which are both just buzzwords. They both spit death from their ends, there's no real difference. I could murder just as many people with some basic 9mm sidearm as I could with some AR15 variant, but it makes sense to ban the AR15 somehow.

Stop on the spot gun show sales.

Waiting period and background check on ALL gun sales, handguns, rifles, shotguns...all of them

Re-instate assault rifle ban

that's the best we can hope for and idiots everywhere will fight against it, but it's what is needed.

> But then you punish all of the people who act accordingly and lawfully with their guns.

Yep. Unfortunatly, thats how society has to work. We have laws that ban stuff because of the 1% of people that are so moronic they ruin it for the rest of us.

Some people can't drive for shit => driving licenses
Some people start strangling their babies after they do drugs => CONTROLLED substances
Some people misuse their guns => Gun ban. People can own guns with a permit. Background checks. Skill checks.

Thats how every other country does it. But the americans seem to think that a law thats hundreds of years old trumps that kind of reasonable thought. Which is absolutely odiotic, to say the least.

when was the last time a crazed killer drowned 50 people in a backyard pool?

Because guns are used to other people that don't want to die. Tobacoo is used by someone themselves.

>s too bad, user. Depending on where you're going I'm sure you'd have a nice time. I know you think that it happens all the time and all over the place but it doesn't. The media may want you to think it does but in my time on this earth as a US citizen I have never feared for my safety. I live in a major metropolitan area too.

Ah, ok. Somewhat relived. Im Travelling along the west coast.

We are. Havent you heard about all the massive restrictions the governements of the world are putting on tabacco.

Also, if all guns were only lethal to their owner, your argument would make a lot more sense

I can't help but notice the complete lack of sources.

why yes, that is a pic of our next president

Guns are pretty cool. What we really need to ban are fucking sand niggers and probably regular niggers too. Occasionally white people will snap (i mean american white people) but it's rare and thats why everyone talks about it when it happens. As opposed to the dozens of shootings that happen every day that are committed by people of color. I guess cause that kind of shooting is just par for the course so it doesn't get the whole world talking about it. What else will we defend ourselves with if we get rid of our guns?

Guess what, they're criminals and criminals in every country will have access to guns through illegal means. The difference is we don't have a new shooting every month.

I'm actually a Mudslime, chance are that i'd probably kill you. Here's hoping xx

>no kissing

Because a criminal got a gun illegally.

cause you lazy fatties are really doing well standing up to your government