Is their any way to become less of an anti-social shut in...

is their any way to become less of an anti-social shut in, i want to do things but since i've had no practice at things i dont know where to start

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tCA0jhVCFTw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jesus Christ are you a fucking child and you need someone to hold your hand through life? If you want to achieve something go out and do it. If you want to join a gym or a warhammer club go and fucking do it.

Have the same problem. The solution seems non existent...

I keep seeing threads like these and hoping to see a meaningful discussion on the topic but Sup Forums seems to be filled to the brim with normies these days so we shut-ins have to make our own way.

i'll check those trips but i wish " just do it" was as simple as its sounds user.
have you ever felt true fear that made you freeze in place and not know whether to run or fight, until then you cant understand what i feel good sir

Yes I used to take diazepam. Once you get off your arse and do something you can do it again and it gets easier each time.

Instant solution: propanolol. It's cheap as fuck, been takin it for past few months around 40mg 40 mins before social meetups. It was originally used as a drug for high pressure but it is now only prescribed by psychiatrists for social fobias and such. Had no side effects myself, even with alcohol and weed.

check'd

I've been a shut-in for 12 years. My parents are NEET enablers so they allow it. Pic related is what happens when I try to think of a way to get out of my current situation and basically start my life from scratch at the age of 26. It's like a mental unbreakable wall and the solution is probably behind it.

Over the years I've received shit loads of "advice" and its all bullshit like

>bruh, just go outside.
>JUST DO IT!!!!
>follow your dreams man!
>just be yourself!

After all of this time the only person who has told me the first step that I need to take is my Uncle, and he said that I should get a job and that everything will fall into place after that. So I started working for 2 months and literally nothing happened. No one wanted to be friends because everyone at my job was fucking miserable and pissed. The money I earned went to waste because I had nothing to do with it. I just saved it..for what? For what fucking purpose?

Some people are just fucked and missed the train and another one isn't going to come by.

Not OP here, I relate with the whole train has left the station bit. Maybe I can still get on if I run for it...

Mime it up. You can be out in public and still not talk to anyone. Plus, you get to keep your eye makeup.

its the attitude guys.
you have the wrong attitude.

theres no metaphorical train you missed.

well I know that feeling it's kind of messed up when people say to work, and follow your dreams just to realize that you have none.

Jesus christ op, you sound like such a beta fuck. Go join a gym. It's literally the best thing you can do, no one will laugh at you if you're a skinny weasel, that's just a myth. You're there to gain muscle.

Buy a bike, go mountain biking round your area, go out drinking on a weekend, sniff as much coke as you possibly can, fuck some bitches, spew up and lay in said spew all night. Be the man people want to be friends with.

>Go outside
>watch people
>mimic them
>????
>profit

cheers man this is actually a gre3at idea

>Just stay positive man! Go for it!

Eat a dick.

Too easy.

1. Find a gym or place to workout and get on an exercise routine.

2. ... winning.

lmao

why dont i just grab all the $100 notes i have lying around my new house and do all those things

it really is that simple dude.
heres something i typed out a while ago for a similar thread.

"the best thing to do is love yourself. care about yourself. when you catch yourself thinking of something that makes you sad, think of things you can do to actually make a change.

think you look ugly?
start working out

think you are stupid?
try learning things that actually interest you. i promise you will learn quickly. not everybody is made to be excellent at reading or math.

another thing that helped me is coming to terms with death. i used to think "what for if im just going to die anyway?"

i realized that yes. death is an inevitable end to all life but that doesnt mean i cant try and enjoy it.

another great tip i can give is go outside more. even if its just to sit on your porch. as long as you are getting sun on your skin and watching birds and bugs and life all around you. remember that life is beautiful and that we are creatures just like the fish in the sea and worms in the earth. we are not meant to be boxed up in offices or lonely rooms. socialize, make friends. go out to bars just to drink alone, tons of people do it and i guarantee you will meet new people. get your ass back in school too you will meet people with similar interests and discover new interests.

a lot of the time i see people say "i have no talents" or "i dont know what im interested in"

what id say to that is you will never find anything sitting in a room doing nothing. u have to go out and expose yourself in order to find out what interests you. finish your basics in a community college at least. join clubs. the world is fucking huge dude. there is something and someone out there for everyone.

there is kindness with us all and it can only be released once we are kind to ourselves."

>let me just shit out another excuse and do nothing to change my situation.

GET A FUCKING JOB IF YOU DONT HAVE MONEY

cont.

when people say "stay positive" it means continue believing in yourself and success.
it doesnt mean constantly thinking "things will get better" while you sit around waiting for things to magically get better.

staying positive means to keep trying after you fail. but you have to TRY to fail.

Psst, here's a hint from a manic/depressive, sociopathic introvert.

As Shea Lebuff (Sp?) said, "Just DO IT".

Seriously, it's that fucking easy.

If you're afraid to fail, you'll never succeed.

If you're concerned with the consequences, it was never worth your time.

If you wish for the easy accomplishment, YOU were never worth it.

Plain and simple.

Nut up or shut up fam.

my work here is done

i do have money but i have a budget i have to live with in to make sure i dont become homeless also im stuck to a low paying job for reasons i have put my self in, i'd be really surprised if you where an adult kiddo

i love the motivational video.
people dismissed it as a crazy ass lunatic.
but i understand the existential crisis he went through when he was publicly shamed after being caught plagiarizing. i see he discovered the meaning to his life and found the path to happiness. he looks crazy but shia knows why he is living and does not let judgment pull him off his path. same for crazy oddballs like miley cyrus and lady gaga.

they have such a high level of emotional maturity.

the do it video is amazing. i see a man reaching out, using his pre existing massive influence to try and convince people to follow their dreams. its beautiful but sadly vain, cuz people would rather make fun to feel better about themselves.
>oh look, im more sane than a famous celebrity! hooray!

just do it man

Here's what you do. Figure out what you'd like to try, be it fishing, hiking, bar hopping, whatever. Go on your local fucking craigslist and post an ad looking for somebody else interested in that and go from there. I found lots of local groups for shit on there, cycling, running, camping, you name it. Stop being a bitch.

You're clearly a loser with that attitude
Its all about the energy you bring to life

Find a good job then dude. There's plenty of jobs out there that pay decent, especially the ones that don't really require qualifications. Warehouse work is one of these, yes it's manual labour but some places do pay well.

Disagree, most people experience social interactions at a young age. As for shut-ins, we typically for one reason or another haven't had any such thing. I've been asked to go to eat with coworkers I stayed quiet most of the time with nothing to say because I have no way of relating to them. They talk about the latest Justin Bieber song or foot ball and I'm board and disinterested. Shut-ins are to busy worried about the mob of people who are not like them in anyway finding out how different they are to risk being themselves.

im 23.
get 2 jobs you fuck.

you are not stuck anywhere.
there are consequences to everything you do. i understand your situation. it feels like you are trapped. like you are a slave to money right? ive been in your situation. was neet for 2 fucking years refusing to play societys fake ass game with their fake ass money and stupid titles that dont mean shit.

but the cold hard truth is you are stuck here, and you need to play the game or else face a miserable mediocre life. you have to fuckin hustle out there man. you are soley responsible for your life. sometimes you need to take risks that have shit chance of success.

or

stay as you are
do nothing

That's called immaturity.

>I'm board and disinterested
>I'm board
>board

Fuck me you belong in that there basement.

>because I have no way of relating to them
jesus you act like these are the only people in your world. this does not mean you are a social reject. it just means these are people ud like as friends. find people with similar interests.

>i want to do things

Anytime I start to think like you op, I stand in front of a mirror and just look at myself. That usually does the trick, because then I realize there's nothing I can do about it. You just got to become comfortably numb to your situation and enjoy the things that you do by yourself. Been this way for 10 years. Feels ok man.

these are people youd NOT like as friends.

small correction

when you die and you reflect on your life.
you will not think its okay.

go outside and do something man. its not too late.

I've been both. I can tell u, go out of your way to make friends. Go eat at a restaurant and talk to the old people. The grocery store. If you can drive to nearby towns you can practice (small chat) And if u say something dumb just falling walk off.. hell with them. I've been a student of small talk for a few years. I discovered I was socially retarded and wasn't sure how to engage people. So I studied a few people and read some books. They all pretty much say to try and concentrate what they are saying. Seem interested genuinely if u can fake it. And ask a lot of questions about them. People love talking about themselves and just as an experiment I've done this to a few strangers and people I don't hardly know. It works quite well. I'm quickly reconnecting with old friends and making new ones and don't quite want to blow my fucking brains out so badly. Try and study the "social butterflies" near u. Particularly the ones not depending on thier looks alone. You will learn a lot.

A life of solitude is unhealthy for the human mind

In many ways I'm already dead. Sorry to sound so grim but it's the truth. I'm happy for the most part despite what you may think is normal or healthy for people.

Providing excellent fuel for the fire. See I'm not like you and you prove that I can't be me openly. Keep your Justin Bieber and your foot ball normies cancer.

Why, exactly? Some people thrive in solitude, some people choose to be alone, even when they are invited out.

>Sorry to sound so grim but it's the truth
truths are not static my friend.
truths change all the time.

People like that poster feel that they are above others and that's why they are "board (fuck me) and disinterested". It's a bullshit mindgame they play with themselves to keep from having to try. It's the same crap as people who chime in with " I don't even have a TV" when you are talking about a popular program. Alienating yourself is just laziness, plain and simple. Try doing something where there's other people and you will find "similar interests".

take a look at folks who grow up without social interaction and you will see.

being 60 years and and then deciding you hate humanity and to adopt a hermit life is perfectly fine. but if you deprive yourself of social interaction while you are still developing a "world view" it can be extremely unhealthy. the younger you adopt these negative lifestyles the more damage you do to your own psyche.

Yes, I'm a big fan of football, or "soccer" as you call it, eurofag here. But I do not like Bieber, and if I'm on Sup Forums I'm hardly a fucking normie am I?

I was where you are, I was depressed, I just stayed in my room all day every day for years. I just joined different activity clubs until I found something I was good at, and stuck to it. You can meet friends there, and this time around, when you see invited out, go with them, don't stay in your room. You'll enjoy the night out.

Stop lying to yourself
People who go their whole life in solitude
are psychotic, trust me.
Its human nature to want to connect & create.
We would have been extinct as a race a long time ago if we all had the perspective of solitude being nirvana.

yes i agree.
instead of thinking "this shit is boring i hate it" speak up. express your opinions and start converstaion on why you disagree. you dont have to argue. but maybe bring up another sport you enjoy? ask the group if anyones interested in so and so, take off from there.

I'm not denying that. I'm just stating some people prefer to be alone, and a few people do enjoy it, and don't go crazy.

These are the typical people in my life. I've met few who are not mouth breathers.

Learn to look important. Your mind will change after.

youtube.com/watch?v=tCA0jhVCFTw

Yes & those people are psychotic, I promise you.
If someone truly enjoys being alone 100% of the time, they are insane.

>mouth breathers
I guarantee that all of the people you look down on are smarter than you. That comment alone says everything about why you are such a piece of shit.

Your uncle was right. The problem is getting a descent job. I suggest u lie your ass off on an application. Have a few buddies answer the phone as a fake business and speak well of you. Save the money and get an apartment and move out of your folks. Nobody likes to be friends at work cause work sucks fat nigger dick. Try and find out what some of them are into and show up at random at a local bar or gym when they are there. Not stalker like, try and make it a habbit of going there and make it a legit coincidence. Get to know their friends. Maybe their friends are cooler than their hateful ass. I been working overtime for 15 years. Work sucks. So does living for the weekend. But, u gotta learn to be an adult or you'll one day find nobody to take care of u. And being an adult is shitty at times. U wanna do it now while u can borrow food or rent money from your folks when u fuck up.

yes. stop being afraid of any amount of humiliation. start learning and practicing anything you've never done before. anything ranging from shitting in your hands and throwing them at citizens to rock climbing/military/newjobs/mathematics/nonverbalthreats/arsen/murder

you dont get around much then.
there are 7 billion fucking people on this planet.
if you can narrow down every person in your life to one post on Sup Forums then the problem is within you. not with the world.

You are such a faggot if you believe that.

Jesus christ user. U need to come to Kansas and have a beer with me...

& you clearly haven't experienced life if you don't believe that

u faggots read my post

Agreed. Fucking hate reading. Like to be rich one day. Now own a 20 foot stack of personal finance books. 2 houses, a job, and a business. 200+ books. And I hate reading. ...but. it's worth it. If you have no dreams try and help a buddy reach theirs.

>Thinking being anywhere on Sup Forums makes you not normie...

The Justin Bieber thing and foot ball can be swapped out for different things btw. Kim Kardashian and NASCAR for example.

Is that what normies think? How wrong you are. I really don't care about the common gossip and filler information like "Obama get breast implants using Hillary Clintons ass fat" it's all just mindless garbage that the real lazy people use to make life seem more full and entertaining.

Here's what worked for me:

>stop jerking off
>after 3 or 4 months, you'll gain enough testosterone to talk to people without any emotional response
>whenever you want to do something risky, DON'T think about it, DON'T plan it, it's the most important part. Want to ask out a girl today? DON'T think about it throughout the day, it needs to be spontaneous, just go to her and ask her out, with your new testosterone levels, your body will follow you in any situation without you worrying, you just need not to trigger any anxiety or emotional response by thinking about it beforehand

Besides, remember that your life is a fart in the wind, and that no matter what you do, no matter what happens to you or your body, no matter what illnesses or wounds you get, your life is unimportant, you're a tiny insect in a tiny planet in a tiny galaxy and there are billions of them. Maybe more. You have nothing to lose
You also need to habituate yourself to pain. Take cold showers, put out matches on your forearm, if you add small amount of pain into your daily life, then if someone threatens to beat you up, you won't be afraid, because you're used to pain.
Remember that life is like, an amusement park where you're going to suffer and die, when you accept that, you accept pretty much everything.
And these last ideas won't work if you don't stop jerking off. Testosterone is key here. These thoughts will just help you become fearless.

This worked for me. Did a lot of crazy stuff when before i used to be scared of answering the phone or talking to the cashier lel.

Of course i blew it off because i started jerking off again, but if i didn't, i would still be fearless

I did & I agreed with it, which is why I didn't respond to it. Have I given you the attention you needed user?

a small piece of advice for shut ins - it is much easier to get people to like you by listening to them talk about themselves, than it is to make them like you by talking about yourself.

A lot of people ITT also talk about how nothing interests them.

I'd dare say listen to what people are talking about, even if it doesnt interest you. Ask questions and appear interested. After a while you develop talking points, and can question more on said areas. In time you will develop opinions on subjects and be able to relate to people on, while superficial, a level that develops a relationship.

I have just been stealing other peoples hobbies, cause ive never experienced them, but said yes to an opportunity that i thought i wouldnt like but ended up enjoying.

Start small guys, and build on it. Fake it till you make it.

You are correct I don't get out much. That's what shut ins do. What am I to do get out more with all my "Friends"?

Smoke weed.

Drop some acid eat some shrooms & re-evaluate your life. You might even gain some confidence to go out & MAKE friends.

but have you seen game of thrones yet?

honestly going outside is too much work. yes i'm lazy idgaf

yes you have.
thank you.
we all need attention user.

You are right I've been doing this even since I got a job and it helps but the whole talking about myself thing is where I shut down. Again relating to the foot ball and Justin Bieber fans is difficult for me in any case.

i always post this in these threads. fucking niggers never listen.

chekd.

go to a bar.
you will meet people there.
people go alone all the fucking time. thats what bars are for.

You're welcome user
Have a good day

Read up on the law of attraction. Outside of that, you need to become more positive and put yourself out there, and achieve the goals you set.

For example, if you are a shut in, make up some resumes, go out and apply to some jobs. If you lack the skill/experience for the jobs you want, start from the bottom and build that experience. Go apply at Mcdonalds or go deliver pizza's or something, you will build connections with people and make money doing so. Stay with those jobs as long as you can, work your way up the ladder, get into a management position and you will be gaining management skills.

On top of that you will gain friends, some might even be lifelong friends - possibly even a girlfriend. Go get a gym membership focus on improving yourself physically, change up your style get some new clothes. Build up your bank account, pay off your debts if you have any.

Do this for awhile - if you need post secondary go attend a community college and do the courses at night or while you are not at work - there you will meet even more people who might open up some more pathways.

On your off time focus on your hobbies and things you genuinely enjoy, find something that might make you a bit of extra money on the side (start a youtube channel for example, or get into crafting, or learn a programming language etc you can buy the books on amazon or read up free internet guides)

Within a few years you should have some management experience, have a solid hobby, have a good healthy physique, have a bigger social circle and possibly even a girlfriend.

Climb your way up the ladder. Oppertunities dont just come to you, you have to be the one to open that door. I know to you it sounds like "it's easier than it actually is" but seriously it isn't - if you want to stop being a shut in stop making excuses.

It's the only way man. I was a shut in up until my 20th birthday. Within 3 years I got a sports car, gf, friends etc you can do it to

Thats why they're shut ins
They limit their own minds
& convince themselves thats all they're
capable of. Theres a saying befitting of this,
a mind with limitations is the only limitation.

get out of my bed is too much work. It has been 2 weeks since I took my last shower.

>Goals

oh yeah, good idea gonna go take a nap right now.

Some people become religious. Worship god and pray that you will become more like-able. Worked for me. Other people use drugs. And we call those drug addicts. There is all kinds of manuals and stuff on these sorts of things. But everything is mind over matter. So if you don't mind then anxiety won't matter ;)

you're a good soul user

My hair is dirty and greasy, my teeth are yellow. Life is good...

Go out and get drunk, simple as that

Where are u located? If ur near me I'll come pick u up with a bag of coke and we will go party

try making some observational humour. It's ok to disagree with popular opinion if its subjectively funny. If its about football talk about the violence thats associated with it, if its justin beiber just ask when he's going to have a mental breakdown and stop being such a pussy ass faggot. Or go in your own little world.

If you manage to get enough confidence you can navigate the conversation through questions, thats fun, unless it keeps appearing then go out for a smoke or something or take a piss.

trial & error + perseverance

Honestly, I would suggest you get a hobby. Get something you enjoy doing, and focus on that thing. Getting good at a hobby gives you confidence which, while not completely transferable to social situations, is still a step in the right direction. As you start doing this hobby, find others around you who also enjoy it. This gives you a topic you can talk about without fear of seeming awkward, because you already know what you are talking about.

Social skills are just that, skills. In order to learn a skill, we tend to rely on the skills we already have. What I've suggested above should help you in communicating with people that have an obvious common connection. You get good at that, and then try to talk to those you don't have as many common interests with.

Best of luck man. Remember, every failure is a lesson, and it can only get better the more you keep trying. Sincerely, a former social shut in who now loves company, and is always getting better at it.

I have failed so many times... Is it worth trying gain?

idk man i took drugs and its what changed me, nothing really hardcore just pot, ecstasy a few time and acid. but mainly acid is what changed me. first time i took it i sat on a roof watching a sunset.
started crying like a bitch and evaluated my life and made personal promises. within two weeks i was more open, went and did more social things and got a girlfriend.
Acid changed my life.