Does anyone of you Sup Forumsros have a 21st century horror movie that is ACTUALLY scary ?

Does anyone of you Sup Forumsros have a 21st century horror movie that is ACTUALLY scary ?

Pic related, the best i got so far

The Descent (2005)

I appreciate this answer

Like earthly dead space

Drag me to Hell (2009, i think) the disgust is strong with this one

The Witch (2015)

>21 century movies that are actually scary
>The Conjuring

You're contradicting yourself here.
Also Southbound (2016)

not gonna lie, Sinister really scared me when it first came out

Babadook and the Conjuring have been my fav's over the last years

>he bases his favorites on what got shilled the most on Sup Forums

i watched the the 3 grudge films with friends, the first 2 are realy scary

Most definetly this. Horrifying.

babadoock suck so much

28 days and 28 weeks later

>Out of the house in a heartbeat.
I get chills of that scene. Best opening to a movie I have seen.

Insidious 1-3 are great

Woman in Black 2012

Downfall
So scary to have to see the Führer lose all he fought for..

+1
graves encounter 1 and 2

The Witch didn't scare me as much but it was a quality movie, and invoked a feeling of growing unease. I loved it

Liked this one very much too

The Witch kinda sucked if you ask me
God i couldn't stand the horrible accent alone..

The Taking of Deborah Logan

I know that feel user

so far none in this thread

The grifter

and also The Visit

>definetly

Sinister

the visit is just discusting, but is a goood movie, not scary

kek

Very good

I watched the grudge when I was like 8 or 9 and it scared the shit out of me. I had nightmares for a couple of years afterwards

Check out the Thai movie 'Shutter' from 2004.
Lots of unnerving shit.

The Possesion of Michael King (2014)

this is the only movie i've seen so far that has actually scared the shit out of me

The Conjuring was def one of the best in a long, long time.

Babadook freaked my shit on so many levels.

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. I wish this was its own film and not part of this franchise. They're alright, but this one was by far the best.

I really liked Oculus.

it uses flashbacks pretty extensively, but not really in a shitty way. you'll spend a good 20 minutes in a flashback before cutting back to what's going on in real time. the actual events of the movie are over the course of a single night, but the flashbacks are what you watch it for.

seriously. at one point when they're children, their dad chains their mom up in the corner of the master bedroom and locks her in and she eats pieces of a broken stone plate.

not really a huge thing to mention, but I watched it a second time with some friends when we were all stoned and I said the soundtrack sounded like it was written by skeletons and I think we stopped breathing for about a minute.

This. Asian horror is on another level. Ringu. Ju-on. I Saw the Devil. Reincarnation. Audition. A Tale of Two Sisters.

Have you seen Mother? Not really scary but a crazy good movie

High School musical was horrific

I haven't. I'll look it up. Do you know the year or key actors?

Thanks, i'll check it out

I second this. Pretty trippy stuff. The apple scene made me cringe pretty hard.

It's Korean, 2009, Joon-ho Bong directed

>MFW Conjuring 2 beat Warcraft on opening weekend

Thanks!

Bro, that movie was pure shit. I literally quit it after 20 minutes of watching. Absolutely everything - from effects to acting sucks.

I didn't even know warcraft was out lol

Event horizon is a good one

Don't know why so many people seem to enjoy Insidious, as I found all 3 movies to be shit tier. First half of the first movie was decent, though.

However, I quite enjoyed The Witch, A Tale of Two Sisters (Korean original version), Noroi and Kill List. There's definitely more, but can't think of anything else atm.

Seventh Moon was a hidden gem in my opinion. Lived near some woods and those creatures had me running instead of walking to my car at night for a while.

>mfw WC was one of the worst movies I've seen in quite some time.

Yeah this is a really nice movie. It's not like cheap jumpscare shit but actually a decent story.

REC
REC 2