Why doesn't anyone talk about this anymore?

Why doesn't anyone talk about this anymore?

its my AOTY

its my AOTY

YTOA ym sti

no seriously its my AOTY

its the worst album of the year.

it's fucking incredible
I'm so happy they'll be coming to Open 'Er Festival in 2017.
That's in Poland ;)

It's my AOTY (although Kodama makes a strong case)

Because it's Radiohead's worst album yet. (Yes, it's worse than Pablo Honey.)

Amazing atmospherically, but my goodness is the songwriting weaker than ever on A Moon Shaped Pool.

It at least makes me appreciate The King of Limbs much more.

A O T Y
O
T
Y

>talks about shitty songwriting
>thinks TKOL has good songwriting in comparison

holy shit lmao

Because it's a bland, overrated album by a bland, overrated band?

Friendly reminder that anyone who ranks Pablo Honey above anything at all should not be taken seriously.

>bland
>overrated
These are not legitimate criticisms.

Exactly this

overrated fair enough, but bland is spot on

Blond, Atrocity Exhibition, other albums being talked about, if we're talking about Sup Forums.
Plus, it's my AOTY

YOTA

because it was just a decent 6/10 album that any band could have released. also most of the tracks were forgettable

no other band could have made TLW fuck off

No, you can't just say something is bland without saying why.
If you can't articulate why, your opinion is meaningless to everyone else.

>my goodness is the songwriting weaker than ever
>songs were written on various occasions across their career, at the same time as the material that made it onto the albums you like
Were you thinking of performance, or are you clueless about how Radiohead operates?

I can't really remember any special songwriting moments from TKOL

Meanwhile
>YEAH YOU, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
and
>AAAALL THE GOOD TIMES
and
>BROKEN HEARTS MAKE IT RAIN
are already Radiohead classic moments

>YEAH YOU, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
What did he mean by this?

>Especial Edition
>Now available in stores

i would have this as aoty but blackstar came out this year so it makes a good no. 2

True Love Waits is the worst Radiohead closing track.

my AOTY

1. Present Tense
2. Daydreaming
3. Glas Eyes
4. The Numbers
5. Burn the Witch
6. Dark Decks
7. Tinker Tailor...
8. Identikit
9. Ful Stop
10. Desert Island Disk
11. True Love Waits

one of their worst songs period

>star
>moon
So Sup Forums, what's the best suncore of 2016?

you know, it really makes you think...

maybe there's a reason they didn't make it onto those albums hombre

What's wrong with Pablo honey? I haven't heard much of it, but I liked the couple songs I've heard.

It's a very average album. Their worst since PH. It audibly sounds like random songs cobbled together and given the same "lush (tm)" production in some desperate attempt to make it sound cohesive. Songs are needlessly overproduced and it makes the whole thing sound rather lazy. A shame because Burn the Witch set a great precedent for some real cool stuff for Jonny to do with strings a la TWBBs score. Putting that track as an opener really hurt the album as well. I'm speaking as a huge fan of radiohead by the way, I've loved the band since I was 10 but this one just didn't do anything for me.

It's the AOTY? Sup Forums is full of fucking contrarians anyway and nobody wants to discuss something to death. The've been the best band for 20 years, their excellence is basically a given at this point. Unless they do something that shifts the direction of music again like they did with Kid A and arguably In Rainbows, people are just going to quietly consume their music.

It was very talked about when it came out, so obviously there is now little to say other than the album was great

It has no identity

It's a flop :/

I'm really happy with everyone saying they thought the album was average/decent. I'm glad some people on Sup Forums aren't RYM/Pitchfork drones.

>glorified b-sides

W R O N G

and exactly what direction did In Rainbows "shift" music in? I mean It's a well made rock album but come on.

it holds a pretty cool atmosphere and has some real good songwriting. I like it. maybe not my AOTY but a pretty close contender
Identikit is a jam

Because it has been, from its release, an utterly average but enjoyable album.

I actually really enjoyed AMSP. I was iffy with Burn The Witch at first but it grew on me. Daydreaming is probably one of their best songs in years. The rest of the album is pretty solid. I don't think it's really better or worse than TKOL. I enjoy both equally as solid releases by Radiohead.

I think it was good but definitely not an album I listen too compared to their other ones.

In Rainbows has better songwriting than AMSP

Because vapourwave exists jesus christ come on now

The sticky said it all

go listen to bieber. that's a level you can comprehend.

I adored it. To me it's a better In Rainbows while maintaining shades of TKOL, but my perception of "better" is pretty damn subjective. There's the obvious stuff like the pairing of string arrangements and vintage electronic instrumentation, but insofar as to how it's all used AMSP is lush like IR, but trades out its tight compositions for a more sprawling, dreamlike feeling and I much prefer the latter. A lot of the textural work on it is bananas, especially on tracks like Daydreaming or The Numbers which feel like natural evolutions to what they were trying to do with Weird Fishes. It's also dreary as fuck, probably second only to HTTT in that respect which is my personal favorite. I dunno, IR's never been one of my favorites but AMSP is my top 3 for the band. Checks off a good number of my musical fetishes.

WOW teACh me to Be as CONtraiAN likE you!!!1111

Basically this, but I think In Rainbows' songwriting can be pretty weak at times and somewhat carried by Thom's vocals.

because talking about the same albums all the time is boring.

>Radiohead
>best band

KEK. Oh look some safe alt rock haven't seen any of that before the 90s

cuz it's 6/10 but for some it's "back to form" after "awful" TKOL (which is 7.5/10 imo)

This. They've always had great closers, but to have your worst song as your closer? Fucks up the whole album.

Me too. Well Moon Shaped Pool and NOFX's First Ditch Effort.

A7x also had a good comeback. But AMSP and FDE are a bit better than TS

DUDE. A Moon Shaped Pool gives me more feels than any other Radiohead album I've ever listened to (outside of Kid A of course). It's marked this year so incredibly well for me. I listened to it on rainy days, when I was just getting into a relationship. God dude, AMSP is in my top 2 Radiohead albums of all time.

1. Kid A
2. Moon Shaped Pool
3. In Rainbows
4-∞ ... let the canines fight over this scrap meat.

For me the main issue with Pablo Honey is the tracklist flow. You start out with two great tracks, but then you jump to shit like How Do You?.

>bad songwriting
>Identikit
>Decks Dark

can you tell me what you mean by "shifting"? i genuinely wonder

ew

He's probably referring to how the album was initially released as a downloadable only, pay-what-you-want deal back when no mainstream artist had done this before.

not him, but describing something as bland is perfectly fine. I agree with him and I'm a fan of the band too.

No, it isn't. Not explaining why by pointing at actual fucking points is completely worthless to everyone else and kills all discussion.

Because it's boring and overhyped garbage.

Call me a contrarian but The Tourist, Motion Picture Soundtrack, and Life In A Glass House are all my least favorite songs on their respective albums, though I must admit to have no particular beef with LIAGH, I just like the other songs more. As for True Love Waits, it's actually pretty damn brilliant as a closer given the context behind. Yeah, they Videotape'd it but given Thom's breakup last year the song has taken on a completely different tone from its original incarnation. It's no longer starry-eyed and lovestruck like the original, it really sounds like he means it when he says "just don't leave". Puts a real lump in your throat in that light.

>They've always had great closers
>blow out
Good for being Pablo Honey, I guess.
>street spirit
Never got the appeal.
>the tourist
Good song, but pretty stale closer, Lucky would've worked better.
>motion picture soundtrack
Sure, I guess, but pretty subdued.
>living in a glass house
Good, but Dollars and Cents is the real climax of Amnesiac.
>a wolf at the door
Semi-rap song, pass.
>videotape
Slow and drags, should've been put on Disk 2.
>separator
Good song.
>true love waits
Old song we've already heard for 15 years.