Do you delete albums you don't like on a first listen, Sup Forums?

Do you delete albums you don't like on a first listen, Sup Forums?

No

no, i never delete albums. Space isn't an issue, maybe i'll like it in a few years.

No, I tend to relisten to stuff later on to get another opinion. Usually I don't remember anything about the music, so it's like new anyway.

I don't download albums I don't want to listen to. Pretty big time saver.

Depends, if I hate them, probably, if I feel there's some potential, no

I only began this trend after a few thousand albums though, because I know what I like and what I don't like...since I rate all the albums I listen to, on top of listening to new ones, I go back to my lowest-rated ones I still have and either delete them or bump up the rating

That said, I don't just delete everything from an album, even if I just like one song enough to want to hear it again, I keep that song and delete the rest

Yes. I've never changed my mind on an album that I didn't like in the beginning. If an album is just 'okay' but has at least 1 good song that captures my attention, then I'll keep it.

>I've never changed my mind on an album that I didn't like in the beginning.
Maybe you should give more second chances? A lot of my all-time favorites were albums I hated on first listen.

Yes, I like to keep my library clean and nice, only stuff I like on it

haha, yeah

Depends on how much I dislike it but yes I tend to keep things minimalist when possible

Only if they're truly awful. I keep the mediocre ones in case I end up enjoying them later.

>A lot of my all-time favorites were albums I hated on first listen
The only way I could see this happening is if the time between my first listen and when I actually started liking the album was at least several months. Then there's potential for my overall tastes to have transformed.

I have three Danny Brown albums I jusI couldn't get into kicking around on my computer still.
I tried to delete them from my phone at least, but my app refuses to do it. No error message, just nothing happens, and I never think of it when I add music.

So short answer: no.

I don't understand this...I mean, unless you're still just getting into music which is fine but I don't know how you possibly be so bad at knowing your own music tastes that you would hate your own favorite album

The closest thing I can relate to is albums I loved on first listen becoming less amazing when I go back to them years later because I realize a lot of my love was based in them being a new musical experience and not the best musical experience

I don't download albums without a first listen. I'll download it if I like it, then delete it if I haven't listened to it again in at least 6 months

>having such pleb taste you can listen to your albums without downloading them

Two, or two and a half years ago I couldn't understand how people could enjoy this.

VERY pleased I gave it a second shot later.

So you listened to all of justin biebers albums, twice?

I relisten albums only if it has something unusual, non cliche happening, something i'm not used to hearing.

This. Very few albums I've had to be like "this is a complete waste of space".

have you tried searching youtube for obscure releases?
chances are it'll be there with views in the double digits
i've found stuff on youtube that isn't even on what
get with the times gramps, youtube isn't as barren as it used to be

I'll admit I did find the 1959 Blind Joe Death on there when I couldn't find it fucking anywhere else but that was an exception...I hope...damn, now I'm doubting myself and considering searching for other stuff I've been looking for for years

It's on rutracker, just like any other album you can find on what.cd and more, unless you wear a fedora

You mean Blind Joe Death? No it's not, at least it wasn't years ago...every version is the 1965 re-recording which is totally different.

Yes, it's there from 2011 february

Where is that gif from? It's pretty cute

I have an external harddrive I keep all my music on and rarely delete anything off of it. It happens, but not often.

Space isn't the problem for me, I just don't want to have to search for an album when I want to listen to it. If I have less than 40gb of music then I'll be able to scroll light to it. Much more and I have to search for it.

I wish I knew about this life hack before I downloaded every Now That What I Call Christian album.

I'm the same except I never have a one off song. If I like a song on an album I'll keep the album. It's not just an autistic "I have to have all of it thing." I normally start wanting to hear more of it If I like one song.

Different user but I totally listen to stuff I didn't care for at first. Somethings need to grow on you. It is rare for me to genuinely dislike an album so it isn't that big of a deal to listen to it again. Maybe I think it's just boring or poorly done, I still won't mind. I didn't wake up one dating loving Slam Metal but now it's one of my favorite genres.

I've only deleted maybe 2 albums that were absolute trite.