What do you think happens when you die?

What do you think happens when you die?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wfYbgdo8e-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You poop and desinegrate

I believe in reincarnation. You will experience consciousness again but in a totally different form.

not a lot its kinda dark n shitty

you shit yourself then spend eternity sucking your grandma's tits

You respawn in a different time zone and locaiton.

probably nothing

Shit keeps up at night man..

my dad died in January.

For a long while, I could feel him in the house. On night, I could smell him in the house (he was a heavy smoker)

Now, I don't feel him in the house anymore.

It's actually terrifying to think about

do you remember the time before you were born?

You're killed.

Or is it the other way around?

You don't remember, but you probably lived hundreds of lives previously and will live more in the future.

I think that there are more worrying things to worry about

nothing

You dinintegrate on the material plane more or less. There is no such thing as ghosts over 200 years old. When you are completely spent, you coming right back here to live out your karma with more drama than previously. Seriously

You get embalmed or cremated. You get put into a box, buried in the ground, housed in a mausoleum or in a fancy jar if you were cremated.

You have to spend your after life as a Sup Forums user

When you die, your body evacuates your bowels and, roughly half a day later, your body will enter rigamortis.

As you're dying, you experience the last moment of your life in a perpetually extended moment - just as you fall asleep and have a dream that feels it lasts for hours when only minutes have passed, so too will you "dream" right before your body dies. Because of this, the time you perceive ceases to exist and you will indefinitely "dream". Perhaps there is a possibility that someone may become lucid enough to control their dream and feel as if they're in heaven and in control of their "universe", but more often than not, you will "live" a confused, nonsensical "reality".

Then a zombie will long hair greets you, insists you eat him and you become happy forever as you lay on top of clouds, staring at the Sun until your eyes melt.

You're die when you're killed, but you weren't necessarily killed when you died.

People talk about everything you've ever been through and don't feel bad about it

Imagine if you will, your blood is your conciousness. When we are born in this theoretical world every body gets a body full of blood from the blood pool. When you die, your blood is put back into the blood pool.

This is how consiousness works in theory. You will no longer be you when you die. Youre consciousness will go back to the pool of conciousness that is intertwined in spacetime.
Our bodies are only vessels of consiousness. Tools used by the universe to percieve itself. Someday given infinite time your exact consiousness will again be paired with a meat body and you will live again, having no prior knowledge of any previous existence. Knowledge and memory is stored in the brain.

this

If I don't remember, then was it me, cause it might as well be someone else if I can't remember past lives and use them to shape my personality now?

Are you Native American?

If you're aware enough to see your own body, then you become a corpse. If while dying you lose awareness of the world around you, then you dream. Since you get a huge blast of DMT if you die, chances are your dreams are pretty vivid. Obviously, people who aren't you don't experience the dreams. They get to experience your corpse.

I guess maybe some things depend on your perspective.

No. White American guy who owes that idea to lots of LSD

you regenerate and start the game over

A friend once told me this "Once you die, you just become the god of an alternate reality" Sounds pretty cool so i'll roll with it.

you bastard.

Your buried

Have you done DMT? Bc its nothing like a dream. At least for me and those who ive done it with that is.

Welcome to the issue with Star Trek's "beaming" capability. It eviscerates you, takes those molecules, and remakes an exact copy of you elsewhere.

Hell, for all you know, souls only last for a day and remain as memories and, when you wake up the next day, you're the same body but a different soul merely miming out who you think you are. Y'know, like a computer you replace the motherboard of but copied all the old files over.

Mormons in a nutshell

you're*

Well that's a very Native American philosophy, pretty neat.

Huh, didnt actually know that. In all honesty though, my best guess would either be nothing, or reincarnation.

>, you coming right back here to live out your karma with more drama than previously. Seriously
Your dad is talking to you. Tho he dont have any lips, he tells to give ur mama a kiss

the world becomes a better place for everyone else

There is a theory similar to Except, like you said, every moment you exist in you are being occupied by a pattern of consiousness.

So basically our bodies are the computer while the thing that makes you, you, is the universe. We are all the universe all at once in this moment.

trips don't lie

Probably the same thing as before you where born

Cool, i didnt know that. Thanks brutha

The world keeps spinning.

Femanon here. You fade to nothingness and think peace at last, peace at last. Thank God almighty, peace at last.

>Femanon here

You know the rules.

I was crushed by a semi and as I died I could feel energy leaving my body, it was similar to passing out but much more visceral, everything drained and faded at the same time and there was darkness as well as light and static... I also emptied what little was left of my bowels.

Nice try, but all brain function ceases within 17 seconds of death. Your mind is what make you exist as an individual instead of a walking pile of meat. There is nothing after it is gone, just like before you were born.

/thread

Spelled moron wrong

This
This is what I always imagine death is

Ancient history of internet goes with me. And info how to get 16/16 power apples in snes harvest moon.

They make big funreal 4 me
>INB4 catholic fags
maybe somone finally say something nice bout me

Nothingness.
Was in a narcosis once, all brain functions reduced to a minimum. Closest you can get to being dead while still alive.

What I 'experienced' was pure nothingness. As in there was no distance for me between breathing in gas and waking up. One moment there, then immediately after -with no perceived time passed- waking up in the bed.

Was not too bad actually. After this experience I was far less afraid of death for a couple of months until the effect wore off.
If more people could make this experience there probably wouldn't be as many believers in a necessary higher cause.

Can I buy some pot from you?

If I think too much about it I start to panic. Can't imagine just not existing anymore.

If my consciousness is me, then what if you take my consciousness and place it in someone else's brain? Am I the same person?

>smells smoke in a heavy smoker's house even after he is dead
>must be a ghosts
This one time I moved into an apartment in NYC, the landlord told me an indian family lived there prior. The weirdest thing, the place still smelled faintly reminiscent of curry at times. I think part of their supernatural forms were still occupying that apartment.

what are the rules? there is nothing about that post that breaks rules summerfag

This. But its not as it seems.

You are still your consiousness. Your consiousness was created with the universe. Its always been here and always will be.

Before and after your human existence, though, you had nothing relevent to you. There was nothing to percieve and no way to percieve it.

Imagine you are born a human who has no eyes, no ears, no tounge, and no touch senses. You would be just as aware as you would be as a consciousness floating through space. There would be nothing relative to "you" so there would be nothing to perceive. So for "you" nothing actually changed between the moment of non existence and birth.

personal belief is you go to heaven or hell, but you can do ghost stuff

my father died 3 years ago, and he loved classical music. my mom said she could hear classical music faintly at night and there 100% wasnt any radios or something on, i didnt believe it so i stayed over a few nights and no shit i heard it too between 2am-4am

if anything it was peaceful and reassuring that hes okay

kek
I believe in heaven also hell had multiple near to death experiences, there is also this place that I think is probably Limbo it is like night everytime, real sad place saw some people that have died in there, but I thank God everyday for another day of life.

It´s like falling assleep. You forget everything around you and feel this sweet oblivion.

You know that feeling when you dream? The feeling that you are there and it all feels real?
That is because your brain releases small doses of DMT. And every time you dream, say you're getting a tea spoon of that DMT, and when you die you get a water tower of it in comparison. The brain is still active for a couple of minutes after you're clinically dead. And in those few minutes, you dream and it will feel like an eternity while in reality it's only been 4-5 minutes. Then you fade away from the dream and die without knowing it.

Whatever you think happens when you die, might actually happen.

this

Well you can't take a conciousness because it is not a seperate body from the brain, but created by brain functions in different parts of the brain

"she" states that "shes" a girl without reason to state it, just craving for attention
>TITS OR GTFO

Quantum immortality. We cannot die, regardless of whether we want to or not.

/thread

It was the acid, man.

>but all brain function ceases within 17 seconds of death.

But perceived time elapsed is entirely different.

What a coincidence, that very much describes myself and an asthma attack I had. I lost complete control of my senses: I couldn't smell, hear, taste, touch or anything. My body didn't fall unconscious and I could still think and was aware what happened, but it was completely like drifting in a void. My body reflexively managed to walk a few extra feet somehow before I fell on a table, but the time felt immensely long and it was somewhat surreal. It wasn't horrifying or anything and, like you say, I'm not particularly afraid of dying anymore. Not that I want to die but I'll still welcome it when it happens.

they probably got it right, from what I've experienced on psychedelics and sober during a near death experience this seems the most likely thing to happen at death, or at least something close to this. It's some really fucking complex shit, its all math.

you die
/thread

You should pray for him so he can find heaven, probably your mom mourns him a lot and that is why he cannot rest.

Was in reply to

rule citation needed 1? 2? link it summerfag or go away

This. No need to state you're a girl - we're anonymous, genderless, nameless. We're comments and opinions. If you feel you need to point out you're a girl, prove it.

I fuck your corpse.
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines and I fuck your corpse.
I'm a force of nature.
If you was from where I was from, you'd be fucking the dead.

You are frightened of death, you are an idiot, and you are wrong.

>My body reflexively managed to walk a few extra feet somehow before I fell on a table, but the time felt immensely long and it was somewhat surreal.

But then you misunderstood what I said. Time didn't feel long, there was no time in between for me.

wtf are u talking about this aint reddit fag

if anything its me, she took his death hard but i barely talked to him the 3 days beforehand and felt like shit for a while after. the music made her happy if anything

This seems to make the most sense and still allows for the nothingness before you are born. Either way, i dont want to die thats for damn sure.

What if i cut the nerves connecting my right brain to my left brain, do the two become separate beings controlled with the same consciousness or are they controlled by a separate conscious?youtu.be/wfYbgdo8e-8

die, get born again in a new body of thing- animal

My dad died in November, a week before my eighteenth birthday. Hit me hard, man. He was a pastor at a local church, really a big part of the community. We always talked about what might happen after death. I was hoping that after he died I might have dreams about him, or I might see him or feel him around, but I've felt absolutely nothing. It feels incredibly lonely and empty because we used to be best of friends, smoke cigars and talk about our days. I wish there was some way I could talk to him... But for now, my faith is pretty far gone. I don't believe much in god anymore and after death I'm sure we just die, and that's the end of it.

To elaborate on this user's post, since Quantum Immortality / Quantum Suicide is a rather interesting take:

Death is a self-perceived concept, much like quantum entanglement (where two people looking at the same particle or information appear differently between the two of them). Imagine the scenario of flipping a coin as dying, where to you, you can never land on tails while the observer will notice the coin land on tails. The odds will perpetually reach towards zero but never reach absolute zero.

TL;DR, you live from a gunshot in your perspective, die to everyone else, and live out your life as usual in your own divergent timeline.

Hmm interesting..
really wonder how you could do anything with your consiousness though, as you lose all your senses

ma nigga.
Intense mushroom experiences have brought me to this same conclusion.

this hasn't been fully substantiated as far as I know, please give a source I want to read it.

Also the whole DMT being released at death thing is bunk.

Nothing, and not nothing in the way of vast emptieness, literally nothing. You cease to exist. Your brain stops delivering impulses properly, you shut down, nothing.

i will just make up my own rule. show your baby dick or gtfo because you cant cite any rule

no wonder us femanons hate you neckbeard virgins

See
That would be my guess. Thats a great video btw.

Nobody knows and there is no way to know it never so that is something.

It's the unspoken rule of Sup Forums. Your newfag is showing.

Just stop.

72 virgins, ALLAHU AKBAR

trips dont lie

I don't know, but I don't know if it is medically possible either.

Thats exactly it. You cant do anything bc there is nothing. Our experience comes from percieving things relative to us. Thats how time and relativity work. Withouth the things around us we could not measure time.

There's plenty of Femanons on Sup Forums. They just understand this is Sup Forums and don't try to fish for attention like you have done (successfully, might I add). We're telling you so you can not be obnoxious and disrupt conversation in a thread for future reference, since you're so very clearly new to Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

If you want a board for girls, go to /cgl/.

I'm sorry you don't feel him. Do you talk out loud to him? Ask him questions, ask for help.

Next time you are sitting where the two of you used to sit and enjoy a cigar, just say out loud " I miss enjoying a cigar with you dad, I wish you were here". I just might feel him.

Its a shame there are millions of people on this planet who wont get to or refuse to have those experience.