Anyone have experience with mycology (mainly psilocybe cubensis, but anything helps)

Anyone have experience with mycology (mainly psilocybe cubensis, but anything helps)
Looking for tips, preventative measures, and any advice I can get. Also, how long does inoculation typically take?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XI5frPV58tY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

preventative measures?

I'd suggest not eating them straight out of the dirt, dry them first. I had a bad trip doing that.

Preventing contamination that is, meant to clarify. oops.

if you grow them,
a hepa air filter is not obligatory but will help a lot.

Honeywell 50250-S is a good one

I plan to dry and store them for awhile in any case, but that is a good forewarning, thank you. How was the rest of your harvest?

I've been looking at hepa filters, I probably will end up getting one, even if it's only a cheap one.

That was my first time and I was honestly too scared to try again, I had a really horrible time. Bad mushie trips are hectic, but maybe I'm just a weak cunt

I can't say I blame you, I had an awful experience with LSA a few nights ago. Sometimes you get more peace of mind knowing it's your choice to avoid that. What did you do with the rest of your mushrooms?

Dont dwell on any one thought for too long , you could go nuts
make sure you are around good company
have good music
if you are doing it with friends its great prepare for cosmic giggles
if you start having spooky, negative thoughts or having a bad time distract yourself
have an open mind
dont take yourself too seriously

I went out picking with my pot dealer and we found about 50, I just gave the rest to him and went back to weed.
On that note if your trip goes bad, a cone or two might help to balance things out

Hell yeah, well if you're ever willing to reconsider I suggest going to the beach and only eating like 1.5g, it's so subtle and peaceful, and you'd never believe how black the sky is over the ocean at night.

I've taken a few magic school bus trips before, mostly I was looking for growing advice, but thank you for all of the positive reinforcement, may you bring peace everywhere my friend.

i had a bad trip a few months ago, and im still feeling anxious, im so stressed out over hppd that i am imagining the symptoms even though i am pretty sure im fine. can anyone help comfort me?

Could you tell me exactly what happened during your trip? Or as much as you're comfortable telling

1 lbs of dry rye grain yield 50 gram of dry product.

things were really cool at first, images were really droopy, but i started feeling anxious for no reason, and the high lasted too long

I took a tab of acid one night and had a party, so I got as high as I could and I tried to sleep, it took like an hour, but when I woke up the next morning, nothing made sense to me anymore, I was so self-conscious for the longest time about everything. But I realized, it's not the substance, it's the belief that you had a significant experience, you are anything you want to be, and even if you aren't the embodiment of it, you are getting closer everyday you try. Live. Love. Choose to be happy.

Right now I've got 3 jars of rye grain and 20 lbs of manure substrate.

I have done them 5 times. 3 great trips, 1 meh trip, 1 really shitty trip. My advice:

1. Go into it completely confident in your safety, and in a good mood. If you've got a lot of shit on your plate lately and are thinking about it when you slip into the trip, it can really start it off wrong.

2. Be prepared. If you're taking enough to get real weird, have some stuff ready. Unless you just plan on laying back and trippin out.

3. While it's fun to trip and get a bit of a heavy experience, the first time you may just want to have a good time on them. Get to know them while having a good time. Outdoors are awesome. First time I did them it was pouring rain outside (and I live in the desert). I took off my shirt and ran around in the rain. It was fucking glorious.

Lastly, if you are okay with weed, have a join around. A. it can totally cure a bad trip (just do a little bit though), or really make an already good trip even better.

tl;dr: the less stress you have, the better the trip will typically be. From my experience.

thanks man, i truly appreciate your words.

>Or as much as you're comfortable telling

Jesus, it's a mushroom trip, not some hellish PTSD-causing war scenario.

Also one last thing. Watch Off the Air if you really wanna shroom out. Just search it on YouTube and watch any episodes (maybe not Nightmare).

Good luck and have fun m8.

I heard some dumb shit like you can buy spores online, then drop some in a good secluded green area and just come back to pick them when they are grown.
Is that shit for real Sup Forums?
I know it sounds dumb but people have done that a few times where I live with weed, it's been in the news about twice.

If you feel nauseous dont trip out, its normal to get spme nausea during the first couple hours. My best advice to combat this is to go for a walk with a friend right after you take them. Remember to walk somewhere where there isnt a lot of people so you dont get claustraphobic. After a solid 1.5-1 hour adventure you should be good to chill inside with your friend. I find being with a friend who is also on the same shrooms is an awesome time cause literally EVERYTHING is fucking hilarious and you laugh for hours. its a great time and the feeling and experience has no compare to weed or alcohol or mdma. Its a very unique high and im sure you will have a great time fam

Thank you for the wise words, running in the desert rain sounds incredible, I have tripped before, I meant to state I was looking for growing advice, but I do appreciate your experience. My most notable experience was on a mountain by an abandoned schoolhouse in the rain.

It's really mind-over-matter. If shrooms teach anything it's the power of the mind. If you learn how to meditate I bet you'd be rid of this in a week or so.

I did shrooms once and attempted suicide. Not a good scene.

Can confirm off the air is a great time when high

Fag.

Fucken junkies

Get off my Sup Forums!

You can buy spores online, though it probably will have to be from a foreign country and you will also have to provide ID most likely. I'm sure you could put them outside, just as long as the environment is right (consider accumulation of rainwater and intensity of sunlight)

I would highly recommend everyone here check this out:
youtube.com/watch?v=XI5frPV58tY

So fucking interesting and awesome.

start using pef-teck easiest way to start then pass to bulk build a glow box and a fructifer too

Under evergreens was the advice I was given, the rest I was told is pretty much common sense.

Inoculation usually takes me about 30 seconds per jar. If you're asking how long it takes a jar to colonize, usually 4-6 weeks at room temperature. Go to the shroomery and do some research. Start with brf cakes then work your way up to grain and bulk substrate after you get your sterilization technique down. I recommend a still air box. Don't be afraid of agar work, it's literally the best way to weed out contamination and isolate strains for potency and strong growth characteristics.

Right now my setup is a storage tote, the bottom sanded and spray painted black to be opaque. Holes in the side with polyfill for air filtration. Possibly getting a hepa filter, I haven't decided yet.

I'd recommend electrostatic, negative air ionizers, and titanium dioxide photocatalytic purifiers since actually technically they are better than traditional filter paper based HEPA filters as well.

If you combine electrostatic plates with a negative air ionizer before and after the plates it not only kills bacteria it actually generates peroxide ions in the air which oxidize various aldehydes and ketones in the air which bacteria feed off of. Also photocatalytic filters similarly kill bacteria using UV light and the reaction of UV light on the titanium dioxide plates removes VOCs from the air.
Plus the advantage is you no longer need to buy filters, you just wash the electrostatic plates and PCO plates.

Wow, I'm dumb. I meant colonization, I have already inoculated my jars. I obviously have a lot of research to do, this is my first experience cultivating, hopefully far from the last.

get that coloniation should be at more temperature than when they grow up. ex u put the shrooms to grow up at 21-22º but for colonisation they should be at 25-26 (general temperature)

That sounds incredibly complicated, but from what I understand, that sounds like the holiest of holy air purification methods. I will probably set aside all profit from this first harvest to up my setup next time.

Right now I have them at about 22 degrees, they're sitting a drawer. Would it be best to move the jars somewhere warmer or just stick with it?

Also if u live in a hot place there are shrroms like tulum that fructiferate at eve 28º.Also there are groups of ppl that offer spores for free search freespore spain

some hepa filter are made out of polymer so they can work for a very long time and its make it possible to vaccum it to remove dust and contamiment from it,

negative air ionizers is not recognise as a true way to sanitise air, its primairy get the big particle like pollen to clump together, smaller particle are not so much affected, this is why when you use it you see dust deposing on the surface where you use the machine,

but pollen is like 45 µm large,

bacteria and mold are about 5 µm large

this is why orek got a really bad review.

simply staticaly removing dust from the air like the test they do won't cut it,
this is why a particle counter is needed to certify that the method is good,

sure uv and TD purifier do kill bacteria and destroy many organic stuff but the air comming out of the machine is not sterile these work by circulaing the air many time,
if you were to use it in a glovebox its would have been pass only 1 time and with the little surface of contact these machine work will not garanty success.
still titanium dioxide photocatalytic need UV to work,

so photocatalytic + uv or uv still uv is doing a better job at killing that what the titanium dioxide gonna add too it

If they are not mean to be especialy for cold places u should move them to a warmer place till the jar is full colonized