>your cunt
>Confederates or Union?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=boRzFrmcM60
youtube.com/watch?v=7p42uCWF7_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The one that won =^)

youtube.com/watch?v=boRzFrmcM60

>“You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it … Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth — right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail.”

>That was Sherman’s advice to the South before the war even began. And he was, as usual, absolutely right. But he was talking like a grown-up to people who didn’t want to think like adults. Their whole society was based on horrible lies—“a bad cause to start with”—which gave them a deep aversion to cold truths. So they stuffed themselves, as Mark Twain said, with copious doses of the worst “chivalrous” nonsense they could find, like Walter Scott’s pseudo-medieval novels, and went off to cause the biggest slaughter of their fellow Americans in history, a body-count far higher than the sum total of all Americans killed in all wars with other countries.

RIP

youtube.com/watch?v=7p42uCWF7_Q

*burns down Dixie land*

>“If [the Confederates] want eternal war, well and good; we accept the issue, and will dispossess them and put our friends in their place. I know thousands and millions of good people who at simple notice would come to North Alabama and accept the elegant houses and plantations there. If the people of Huntsville think different, let them persist in war three years longer, and then they will not be consulted. Three years ago by a little reflection and patience they could have had a hundred years of peace and prosperity, but they preferred war; very well. Last year they could have saved their slaves, but now it is too late. All the powers of earth cannot restore to them their slaves, any more than their dead grandfathers. Next year their lands will be taken, for in war we can take them, and rightfully, too, and in another year they may beg in vain for their lives. A people who will persevere in war beyond a certain limit ought to know the consequences. Many, many peoples with less pertinacity have been wiped out of national existence.”

>Sherman was trying, in everything he did, to wake these idiots from their delusion. That’s why they hate Sherman so much, 150 years after his campaign ended in total success: Because he interrupted their silly and sadistic dreams, humiliated them in the most vulnerable part of their weird anatomy, their sense of valorous superiority. Sherman didn’t wipe out the white South, though he could easily have done so; he was, in fact, very mild toward a treasonous population that regularly sniped at and ambushed his troops. But what he did was demonstrate the impotence of the South’s Planter males.

Comfy.

Based Sherman, easily the greatest American to ever live

Confederates.

Sherman-boos right on time I see

>Burry Me In Southern Ground
>BURRY
can't make this shit up

Union obviously

>1860 Johnny Rebs
>MUH SLAVERY

>1960 Johnny Rebs
>FUCK BLACKS

>2016 Johnny Rebs
>I-it's not about slavery or racism, I swear!

Always bet on Sherman.

Union 100%

He had a mental breakdown over southern resolve and got sent home to recuperate. Because of his brother and his friendship with Grant he was allowed to wage war on women, children, and old men.

Johnny Rebs
>>MUH SLAVERY
States rights.

Johnny Rebs
>>FUCK BLACKS
Right to associate freely.

Johnny Rebs
>>I-it's not about slavery or racism, I swear!
No one gives a shit.

>after getting absolutely whopped on by a fledgling country well under your weight class, eventually the men you fight collapse from almost a complete lack of resources or international support
>proceed to commit fucktons of war crimes against the civilian populace and think it's cool because if you can't fight, you might as well be edgy

Confederates all day

t. Texas