Be me

>be me
>researching PC parts because i'm a hardware fag
>want to ditch my stock Shintel haswell cooler for something that won't reach 70C when gaming
>remember the Hyper 212 Evo is the oldest but most widely hailed cheap CPU cooler
>splurge and buy one after deliberating for two days and checking Newegg reviews

>day before FedEx is going to deliver my 212
>look up 212 thoughts
>apparently something called a Cryorig H7 is better for like ten bucks more (runs cooler and quieter)

THIS IS WHAT FUCKING CONSOLE FAGS ARE TALKING ABOUT

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127784&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
roadtovr.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-benchmark-review-performance-head-to-head-against-the-980ti/2/#standard-benchmarks
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14pigpfxJ_DaIddmSKziVXe1BzReinZ79baagxcjX5_k/edit#gid=1040479477
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Console fag here

You were just stupid for not researching properly, your fault.

Don't sweat it. "10 more bucks"

for 10 more bucks you could have gotten a better CPU cooler than the Cryorig H7 probably.

it's way too much easier to get fucked when buying components because you didn't "research properly". it's not like Cooler Master is going to be like "hey guys, we love our 212, but check out the Cryorig H7, it's a better deal"

reviews didn't mention jack shit about anything better either. the 212 is also apparently a fucking bitch to install with clearance issues in some cases.

WHY THE FUCK IS IT RECOMMENDED SO FUCKING MUCH ON BUILDAPC

at least you didn't mess up and try installing the cooler without standoffs

I was dumb and returned mine cause I thought it didn't fit properly. Boy was I retarded.

Two years ago I bought an MSi Frozr something-or-other. 260 IIRC.

Installed it in my computer. Didn't work. Thought it was defective.

A year later I realized I was a dumbass and didn't have a strong enough PSU.

well im definitely gonna get the Cryorig in a few weeks, thanks for suggesting it, and i'll install it properly this time. 3.5 GhZ just isn't enough.

Help fight the 212 spam, and prevent future me's please

I bought an MSI 980 TI a few weeks before the 1080 was announced.

>doesn't do his research
>blames the hardware

Just built my comp, beast as fuck, no regrets.

Consoles aren't bad though.

Here's the angry pepe gif OP. Looks like you need it.

RIP. Waiting on the 480 myself

Sure thing
eh 1080 isn't that great, you're better off with the TI

ill be buying the 480 in august, using an r9 380 in the mean time.

Yes they are. Overpriced, bad controls, little customizability, less performance than a good PC. I would much rather have a good PC with more aiming accuracy with the mouse and an optional controller for racing games and Dark Souls, with that PC having better graphics quality and performance than the console. Also, mods.

the 1080 is better than the 980 ti in every way poor nigger

Thanks, I really do right now

I've considered getting an R9 390/X since prices are dropping fast, but I hear the 480 blows it out of the water anyways.

Currently running a space-heater XFX R9 280/HD 7970

At least with consoles you don't have to stress out about either shelling out $2k to not get fucked because you're buying top-of-the-line everything, or run the risk of getting into a shit situation like myself with the 212.

Well... I mean, obviously. But there's no reason to start that fight right now.

I still get consoles, for the exclusives, You aren't gonna be playing god of war 4 on a pc.
its really not lol
if you have a card that can hold you til the 480 comes out then just wait.

> eh 1080 isn't that great, you're better off with the TI

what the fuck are you talking about? one 1080 is better than two 980 ti's in SLI

>12 gigs better then 8 gigs
uwutm8

Also the 1080 just came out, it blows right now. You need to wait til its out for at least 6 months before it is considered good.

$10 more when you're talking about something that costs like $25 is quite a lot.

also the 212 is fine, contain your autism

Like I said, have an R9 280. Really want to ditch it though because my ambient temperatures are 78F during the day (not my choice, Florida weather). this means even when playing something like Fallout New Vegas, a six year old game, it still manages to make a warm spot on my case. Afraid to run GTA V before I get my new case with better fans and airflow simply because I'm stressed that I might bust a capacitor or decrease the lifetime of my hardware. A Z97 board isn't exactly cheap to replace.

I'm not exactly poor though, I could afford the extra $10 for a better cooler, I'm just so fucking tired of this cat and mouse game with "fine tuning" a build with parts and money.

I wouldn't trade the joy of messing with hardware for anything in the world, but at least with older computers there's no stress of actual loss or perfection. Working with new hardware is fucking stressful trying to "keep up with the Joneses"

did... did you just add the 6 gigs of each 980 ti.... are you actually that retarded to think it works like that?
guys, we have a fucking troll or downie here
the 1080 is literally better than the Titan

just wait man, literally only 2 weeks til the 480 comes out. If anything just get your self a newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127784&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

it'll hold you off til then.

here, read this and stop spewing ignorant bullshit
roadtovr.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-benchmark-review-performance-head-to-head-against-the-980ti/2/#standard-benchmarks

"Owners of GTX 980’s will see a substantial uplift in performance should they choose to upgrade and those 980Ti owners with deep pockets who are willing to dabble in overclocking will also see very worthwhile benefits too."

ooooooooo a 10 fps difference, literally nothing. Only 1 game on that list is more then 10, also if you're just gonna play on 1080p its not gonna have that much of an impact. Not everyone has a 4k moniter dipshit.

Also read the comments to that article lmao

niggers shut up, the 1080 is a fine card if you're rich and the 980Ti is a fine card if you're mentally retarded

the 1080 is only a fucking reference card right now, the non reference versions costs over $1,000. Its not worth to buy at the moment, so fuck off.

...what the fuck? are you fucking stupid?
RotTR w/ no AA: 28 fps difference
RotTR w/ 2xSMAA: 16 fps difference
GTAV no AA: 14f fps difference
Project Cars on Oculus RIft: ~16/17 fps difference
I don't give a fuck about your broke ass criticizing the 1080 because you're butthurt that you can't afford it, but I do give a fuck about you spreading ingorant shit

>in 4k
Again, not everyone has fucking 4k moniter, gtfo.

dumb fuck, the 1080 reference card is VASTLY superior to the 980ti in literally every way

for 4k only, you got a 4k moniter buddy?

fucking duh, but you don't need a 4k monitor to see improvements in efficiency, fps, cable management due to less required pin connectors, etc.

Now you're just trolling.

>trying to claim a reference card is superior to third party coolers

are you promoting arsonry?

>wow i can render pixels i can't see faster!

who the fuck cares about 4k not everyone can afford a 4k monitor or even justify the purchase for that matter retard

here's a spreadsheet compiled and averaged from dozens of benchmarks, the 1080 blows every card out of the water on every resolution setting, concede your ignorance and apologize

i never brought up fucking 4k, 4k isn't necessary to see the 1080 is a vastly superior card, and it is a fact that the 1080 reference card destroys the 980ti in every benchmark, retarded jokes won't change that fact

>heres a spreadsheet
>litterally nothing there
oh ok i take everything back now............................................................................................................................................................................................niggauwutm8

"damn, i can't refute that. i'll just call him a troll". fuck off

you litterally fucking gave us an article of 4k resolutions.

this argument is the perfect juxtaposition as to why AMD is going to dominate the budget GPU market after the 29th

while you retards are arguing over minimal gains with $600+ GPU's, most people are trying to play on integrated graphics and would love a $129 potato masher like the RX 460

oops
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14pigpfxJ_DaIddmSKziVXe1BzReinZ79baagxcjX5_k/edit#gid=1040479477

LOL dude just stop

i brought up benchmarks using 4k, but it's well known that the 1080 defeats the 980ti as well as EVERY other card in every benchmark: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14pigpfxJ_DaIddmSKziVXe1BzReinZ79baagxcjX5_k/edit#gid=1040479477

you already have, you know I'm right, there's no shame in raising the white flag

>60
>70
>80
who the fuck cares if its higher then 100? you can't see that fucking high.

you spaghettied everywhere with the cable management comment, wtf does cable management have to do with a fucking video card?

>minimal gains

not really minimal, we're talking about gains upward of 50%
you're acting like people with enthusiast PCs should somehow feel guilty talking about higher end computer hardware just because you can't afford it, you can go fuck right off

Here i am sitting with an i7 960 idling at 60c with an aio cooler.

Fuck me, right?

Also I would like to point out that DX 12 is nto even being used in many games at the moment, so why the fuck benchmark that shit? Also why benchmark openGL? Fucking retarded.

> wtf does cable management have to do with a fucking video card?

because you clearly don't understand how graphics cards work: high powered graphics cards require power directly from the psu, often times requiring two eight pin connectors or an eight and six pin connector. the 1080 requires just one eight pin connector, leading to cleaner cable management, it's not difficult to understand

that you think a 25$ cooler is
>trying to "keep up with the Joneses"
tells us something about you

>hint its not something good.

i never understood the 212 shilling. why would you want an aluminum heat-sink when you can get a full copper heat-sink for a little bit more

if you have difficulty managing 2 eight pins you shouldn't even be talking in here. Its not that fucking hard.

the problem doesn't lie in enthusiasts or enthusiast hardware, it lies in enthusiast pricing on entry-level hardware and overmarketing hardware not meant to be targeted towards the common majority of people who can deal with substandard resolutions and decreased graphical fidelity options.

no longer shall the majority have to suffer enthusiast pricing for entry-grade hardware. all hail the RX 460!

it's a comprehensive spreadsheet you fucking nigger, why don't you address the fact that in 1080p on DX11 the 1080 averages over 20 more frames per second?

who gives a fuck? 60 fps is enough, you don't need anything more then that. Anything more is just retarded.

never implied it was diccicult to manage, and don't act like greater power efficiency somehow isn't a boon, now you're just being a fucking idiot

I didn't mean it in that sense, I meant it in the sense of
>oh gee i'm not an autistic retard scouring newegg for the perfect part so i got fucked over because marketing is shit and word-of-mouth is fucking horrible in the hardware community except for expensive-grade components

so fucking tired of the 212 shilling at this point. I want to shove a sawn-off in the face of the next retard who suggests a 212 to someone on r/Buildapc

lmao

its not a boon, you're just salty that you can't manage your wires.

the people who buy these products give a fuck, they're clearly not intended for your ignorant ass. if 60 fps is fine enough for you, by all means, buy worse hardware, just don't pretend the 1080 is somehow a bad card for providing greater than 60 fps

less pin connectors required = more efficient = less wires = better cooling, i see how hard you're trying to make it about me, but it's not, it's about the fact that the 1080 is superior in every way to the 980ti.

The 212 plus is great. I've had it in my desktop for 4 years now. Temps are very cool with OC.

efficient cable management has been proven to not affect core temperatures within cases unless you're some sort of fucking mongoloid retard with only a CPU fan and preinstalled GPU fans

im glad that AMD is providing affordable, enthusiast-grade products, the 480 is a hell of a card

i didn't say its a bad card, all i am saying is you don't need to buy a 1080 if you already have a 980 Ti, Sure eventually you'll need to upgrade to a 1080, but its not worth getting at the price its at right now. I just don't see a point in upgrading your video card every year, wait a couple years, games don't get upgraded that fucking fast.

Well I am sorry that I would rather not waste money on a new video card every year just cause its "superior"

man, you're doing a great job addressing only the particular parts you feel comfortable addressing. less wires are more aesthetically pleasing and easier to organize, however marginal the improvement is, is bears mentioning, because it is an improvement.

AMD is going to kick ass and take names after the 29th, calling it now

gonna be fucking pissed if older card prices aren't drastically slashed though. that's one thing retailers are fucking horrible is not slashing prices on older hardware because they want to retain potential profit they wouldn't make with them at slashed prices.

i'm not the other dude i'm just interjecting

the 1080 is the best card on the market, especially for VR and for 4k gaming. if you have a 980ti, I would also advise sticking with it, unless you want to do VR or game in 4k or you're rich as fuck and money isn't an object. I don't upgrade my card every year, I was going to buy a 980ti but I waited for the 1080 and it was a great decision, I'm future proofed for like 4 years

all im saying is, I think Xboxio could be a real competitor on the gaming scene when it releases

well all i was saying is if you're rich, go ahead, or if you've been saving. Otherwise its not worth it if you already have a 980 Ti and you just realized "oh shit the 1080 came out i must get it now now now!"

i hope they do, AMD does a good job of keeping NVIDIA in check price-wise, which is astonishing to say because NVIDIA cards are expensive as all fuck

i agree with you, the 980TI is still a fine card

and thats all i was saying, but some how it turned into that i was hating on the 1080 when i wasn't lol

I would fucking love to get a 1080 but I am poor and can only afford to get the new AMD card when it comes out. I mean I could get the 1080 in 5 months but why when AMD will just be as good in just 1 month?