Randomly decided to listen to Master of Reality by Black Sabbath...

Randomly decided to listen to Master of Reality by Black Sabbath. It's pretty good even though I'm not into sludge metal.

What are other albums you would recommend to get into "classic" bands? Like for example I listened to Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by The Smashing Pumpkins after seeing it recommended as the best Pumpkins album on here and it was dogshit.

What's a good album to go to next to get into Sabbath?

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/most-groundbreaking-albums-of-all-time
youtube.com/watch?v=EvTqjNCggJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do you mean "classic" bands? Heavy Metal or what?

Any bands that everyone expects you to like. Bands that everyone has heard of but haven't bothered listening to yet. From Black Sabbath to Jimi Hendrix to Fleetwood Mac to Elton John.

There's a fucknumber of better ways to find those albums than by going on Sup Forums.
Still, I find myself recommending Trout Mask Replica.

you haven't bothered listening to Jimi Hendrix or Fleetwood Mac? wtf dude go listen to them right fucking now, jesus christ, you're supposed to listen to all this stuff BEFORE you post on Sup Forums.

I've listened to songs by Fleetwood Mac obviously but Hendrix always seemed to be one of those guys that get praised just because he died young and people want to a martyr

It's not sludge metal buddy

Obviously inspired it though.

There's a lot of ground to cover between Sabbath and sludge metal though.

if you actually listened to him you would see that that is false

That's right

If you want to go on with dadmetal the two first iron maiden are pretty good and somewhat rawer than the rest of the career

Yeah I like Maiden, although I do like the Dickinson era more. What are good albums by other dad metal/rock bands to start with?

Doesn't necessarily have to be dadcore but one of those bands that everyone says inspired them and are revered as legends.

List bands or genres user

this basically
I'm open to anything that is regarded as influential desu.

holy shit?? fucking no

Everybody dad like different thing.
My dad like stuff like Frank Zappa, Big Star, King Crimson, Syd Barret-era Pink Floyd, and Scott Walker.

My favorite "classic" metal band is Venom.

he is quite literally the best guitarist of all time.

I love your dead.

Your description is pretty broad user

You may be interested by stuff like

Beach boys - pet sounds
judas priest - defenders of the faith
discharge - hear nothing see nothing say nothing
miles davis - a kind of blue, the birth of cool, in a silent way
john coltrane - blue train, a love supreme, my favorite things
rainbow - rising
rush - permanent waves
king crimson - in the court
yes - fragile

*dad

Just listen to Venom, OP.

While we're at it you can try mogwai - young team, aphex twin - ambient works 85-92 and one pink floyd of each era

>My dad like stuff like Frank Zappa, Big Star, King Crimson, Syd Barret-era Pink Floyd, and Scott Walker.

I'm envious

I love him too.
I'm trying to get him into cLOUDDEAD, but he's not a big hip hop fan, so it's been slow going.

rollingstone.com/most-groundbreaking-albums-of-all-time

Manowar - Into Glory Ride
youtube.com/watch?v=EvTqjNCggJ0

black sabbath - paranoïd
Rainbow - Rainbow on stage (live) or ritchie blackmore' rainbow or long live rock n roll
Deep Purple - Made In Japan (live) or Machine Head
These album are classic in heavy metal, I consider the live I suggested are some of the best recorded

Darkthrone's A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Ulver's Bergttat
Mayhem's De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Angel Witch's s/t
Mercyful Fate's Melissa
Atheist's Unquestonable Pressence
Saint Vitus's Die Healing

love Deep Purple