Hey Sup Forums
Ask a crazy person anything
>psychosis
>paranoid schizophrenia
>paranoid personality disorder
To start off:
>all medically diagnosed
>unmedicated currently, used to be heavily though
>started when I was a kid (paranoid schizo when I was 10, psychosis at 16 and ppd at 17)
>i'm 23, white male, canadian
ask away

What do you think about LGBT and other groups

How do you know the doctors aren't lying to you?

LGBT and trans groups i tend to ignore completely, let them do their thing as long as it doesnt interfere with me. but fuck pride parades, way too sexualized for a public place and it only promotes bigotry
I remember how things were before to some extent. Plus my dad has ppd and one of my uncles is psychotic.

Did you also get those crackling sounds in your head. Like some kind of radiation meter

And what do your spychosis eppisodes look like ?

Fellow crazy person asking

Fellow Canuck here with a history of psychotic breaks.

Ever notice how every fucking loony bin is Riverside or Riverview?

Never had those noises before, usually auditory hallucinations take the form of someone calling my name, or a loud sudden noise for me.

Episodes last anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple days, I can usually identify the delusional thoughts and remind myself they're untrue, but when I'm stressed it becomes hard to distinguish between thoughts and memory and I get an episode. Usually involve thinking that I have been blessed with omnipotence and know everything there is to know, also fear that since I now "know" some supernatural force is going to kill me so that I can't inform the public.
Never been to one, but that sounds about right yeah since the only one I know of is pine river lol

Do you get a lot of people to come and sleep over where you live?

Yeah, I'm exceptionally uncomfortable being alone at night. When I had a gf it wasn't much of a problem after she moved in, but now I live with 2 roomies and if they're ever gone for a night or two I have people over.

Do any drugs? Drink/smoke?

do you feel connection with the american psycho (bale version)

Used to do drugs (whatever I could get my hands on) and smoke constantly as a teenager. Aggrivated my psychosis to unbelievable levels though, actually believed I was the physical vessel of god and had the power to create and destroy entire universes at will for about 3 months. Haven't fucked with that shit since I was 19, and was able to get off my meds and still function relatively well after so I'm glad I did. Still drink once in a while and pop the odd valium to chill me out during intense paranoia episodes.
Not really, my delusions of grandeur mostly cause fear so it never brings about destructive or murderous urges

How very relevant

whats the worst episode youve had?

Where's the image from

OP seems to be malingering

Japan

As someone who's had voices for ages but only just began thinking of it as a separate entity... What would you recommend I do? I'm able to distinguish now and feel as if I can't lose control but what if one day I can't?

My dad/uncle suffer from this. What signs should I look for in my brother and myself?

We're 23 and 24.

you can't be diagnosed that early ...sounds like L.S.D.

Riverview psycho here, I've seen a lot of teens inside with those sorts of diagnosoi.

Here's a good story, I had a massive psychotic break that made me unable to recall any memories at all, and the intense fear from that triggered a schizophrenic episode with super loud, disturbing auditory hallucinations. Ended up running outside thinking at any second I was gonna die, took off all my clothes and started beating off on someone's front lawn cause I figured if i was gonna die it didn't matter. Fast forward a couple hours and I'm in the ICU with a tube up my cock. Still have nightmares about it
I wish I was exaggerating or making this up. Choose not to believe me if you want, it's the internet so for all any of you know I could be.
Never had any separate entities or "people" in my head, though I imagine if its anything like my psychosis you will be able to have control over it for the most part, but when you are experiencing any intense emotion or chronic stress you will lose control. If you're frequently in those situations benzos help a lot.
Which one in particular?
I wasn't diagnosed at the listed ages, that's just when symptoms started appearing.

I know it's my own voice but feels like it's a different part of me if that makes sense? Always thought whatever it was will work with me and give me the ability to have other perspectives that everyone else wouldn't. I'm a normal guy with no real issues or stress in work or family life.

Paranoid schizophrenia. He used to try to onvince us that he had videotapes of everyone in the house having orgies together without him and demend to know where they were. He'd slap into the room at god awful hours in the morning claiming we were in there 'breaking shit" and that he knew what we were 'up to."

I just don't want to be like him, but when I ask about little things i notice from time to time, average people tell me that that happens to them sometimes, like seeing something out of place or not noticing certain things at all, or feelng needlessly victimized by random things. Best symptoms? Dad was his worst by 45.

Often times I'll refer to whatever I'm thinking of as "we"

Freaks me out. Is it normal?

so how many illegal drugs have u taken since u were 10

>white male
We already knew user.

What's your opinion on triangles?

get out of your house.
NOW.
they are coming.

I'm no psychiatrist so I really couldn't tell you what that is, MPD maybe? If you are otherwise healthy and normal then I wouldn't worry about it man.
Stress and fear are usual triggers for me anyway, I guess try to be confident and eliminate stress to minimize your chances. telltale symptoms to look out for are auditory hallucinations, like if you constantly think you hear someone laughing or calling your name, and extremely harsh reactions to situations where you are missing information. It can differ pretty greatly from what i've seen, but if people start telling you that you are being irrational you should check yourself
Yeah, you're just a little weird. don't stress it if that's the only reason you think you might be crazy
started on weed when I was 12, made it easier to sleep at night plus I was the coolest 7th grader. I've done most drugs people know of, smoked weed everyday for like 6 or 7 years, started taking psychedelics in highschool and by the time I graduated I had experienced most mainstream things. Proabably a good $20k worth of drugs in that time, I used to b&e a lot with friends to fuel my habit
pleasing to the pattern recognition but not nearly as much as spirals

Do you hallucinate about sexual situations? Please share one if you have

I'm not at home

Kinda, I rarely get visual hallucinations and when I do they're very subtle. I'll get tactile hallucinations of sexual nature sometimes though. Stuff like thinking I can feel soft skin pressed against mine, or wet/warm sensations in my dick similar to fucking with no condom

How are you doing today? Wishing you the best for struggling with such a difficult disease

Cheers man, I'm alright. Had a nasty breakdown at work a couple weeks ago so I got some time off and it's been real nice and peaceful. And thanks, it can be a bitch at times but you gotta work with what you got. Making every second of clear-headedness count is pretty key to living a happy life with mental illness

Take your time and rest. You most certainly deserve it. Glad to hear you still have an optimistic mind. Even if you may slip from time to time (hopefully not), it doesn't matter as long as you get yourself back up and move on. For people like you there are no failures. Ever day, be it bad or good is a struggle regardless and you're quite amazing for keeping it up
I truly hope you can manage and find strength at all times!