I've just come out of depression and a whole range of other mental disorders. But why do I still feel so empty...

I've just come out of depression and a whole range of other mental disorders. But why do I still feel so empty? What do I need to do now Sup Forums?

Try to create your own meaning in response to the Absurd. Nice pic, fam.

I've been looking for months, it's taking so long to find and the emptiness is always there.
Yeah, found it in my unsorted folder found it pretty relevant.

I would like to know aswell... I overcome anxiety but now I feel empty and incredibly bored.

I preoccupy myself with my studies, gyming, reading but the emptiness is always there and it does nothing to alleviate it. Is this what it's always going to be like?

Find a muse and the world will get more interesting. Even hobbies and other forms things you can work towards get boring... unless you have a muse. Once you come up don't fly too close to the sun. The balance is everything. Good luck.

Nah

Just preoccupy yourself with more meaningful things

Get off b look for something better

How did you overcome anxiety?

Probably just some depersonalization

Describe the feels OP
Detailed, with examples

SSRI's and I forced myself in a lot of social situations, the anxiety is still there, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.

I can't find a hobby tho... everything is shit to me. Film, games, literature, music, creativity...

Didn't expect the eye to come from the side... top only.

well, assuming you dont want to lose yourself in things that make you feel like drugs or sex

I'd go for experiences. You can't just force yourself to feel things again, it happens with time. but you can get your body's physical reactions happening.

Go skydiving, read books, pick something you always meant to do and use this empty time productively.
I usually find it takes a while before I feel up to interacting with people and start enjoying life again.

open your pineal gland

What drugs did you take? Are you still on them?

I definitely have goals, if that's what you're referring to in the use of "muse." They're extremely long-term though, and I'm definitely on track for them. I feel nothing when I accomplish them though, I don't feel anything.

I'm almost never on Sup Forums anymore, I only come here because I know a lot of people have relevant experiences of this.

Well, I had depression for roughly 8 months and it consumed the entirety of my life. Now that I'm getting back on my feet, I need something stimulating, but I just don't know what. I've been keeping occupied, I go to the gym everyday, I exercise before bed, I study for my exams, and I write. Nothing stimulates me, it just occupies me. I don't know what to do.

It's not such much a absence of any activity, I keep myself preoccupied with reading, study and writing. I definitely interact with people, but it's all to a very superficial extent. I have no real connections anymore, and the ones that do remain don't stimulate me anymore.
I have experimented with cannabis a couple of times, but I don't like it, and I've given up drinking because of prior experiences, so drugs won't work.

this

>getting back on my feet
how long has it been sine you've been feeling better, but empty?

Get social
Meet new peeps

Just get out there

I have a friend who will literally just start talking with anyone and make friends instantly

you meaning is clear, kill as many Muslims as possible.

I've been feeling better for roughly half a month or so, the emptiness has been getting progressively worse since then.

half a month is within reason. you were fucked up for a long time, it takes your brain a little while to actually get back to a normal state.

getting worse isn't ideal. I'm guessing you see a psych. have you mentioned anything to them?

I do see a psych. I haven't mentioned anything about the unquenchable boredom since it wasn't a problem until now. I only mentioned my current emotional detachment.

Once you start questioning yourself you start feeling empty, if you had something to preoccupy the time you spend on questioning yourself or how whole of a human being you are, you wouldn't feel empty.

I can't preoccupy myself 24/7, what I mean is that these short-term tasks don't change my state of mind after I've stopped. Sure, I'm still operational and functional as a person but I do feeling very empty despite keeping myself occupied.

you need to get fit and eat healthy, healthy body healthy mind

you might meet some cool people as well while you are at it

Already am reasonably fit, and already eat healthy.
what now.

Try doing charitable things.

Just be careful op depression is like cancer it never go's away it just go's in to remission take your time and find something that interests you maybe try and make a job out of it

You need to find your purpose in life.
It's damn hard, try starting by doing the things you love.